Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 4th July 2006, 07:13 AM
Most Annoying Member

I have been hacking BK + BT.
I found a couple of discoveries, tower room A, character list, and so on.
No data on SNS yet, which game sound more promising, BK or BT.

Old 4th July 2006, 08:50 AM
Grunty's Reject

Banjo tooie.

It would take less swopping if it started in BT, making the risk less. Rare would do that.

I made an excruciatingly boring and long post detailing my theory in the main SNS thread.

Old 4th July 2006, 12:46 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Thanks for joining. I put you're name on the list at the site already, but i put under the members part. If you're more into the hacking aspect though, let me know and I'll put you under the hackers category with Chillydark.

And Banjo-Tooie Chillydark. Read my last post. B-T is the more probable place.

Old 4th July 2006, 12:59 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Hey Hylian1! Why you not included me to Team SFS???
Of course I'm want join to team!!!
Now I'm working on Banjo-Tooie...CHOSEN ONE Y...how activate this code?This is key to SNS I'm think...

Last edited by BanjoPL; 4th July 2006 at 01:17 PM.

Old 4th July 2006, 01:17 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
You're not on the list? I apologize! I had just put on there everyone's names who was on that list that Pinkbull made.

Okay! You're on the list now on the site! Sorry for the inconvience!

Old 4th July 2006, 03:14 PM
Jinjo

i dont want to join but heres a theoryto help you out. my theory that i posted a month ago but got lost somewhere is that the gobi valley picture is in some fire place. Fire has nothing to do with Gobi's Valley except gobi wanted to go to a fire place. I'm think this is where Mt. Fire Eyes was going to be. Also the click clock wood puzzle place dosn't really resemble click clock woods. Click clock woods doesn't really reseble woods either except the backround. Maybe the old fungus forest location. Maybe rare took the levels out late in the making and didn't have time to edit everything before the deadline.

Gobi's valley puzzle is the only puzzle that has surroundings that has nothing to do with the level.

Also there is no fire key but an ice key. Possibly there was going to be a fire key in Mt. Fire Eyes.

Also the location of bubble gloop swamp is a tombish thing. Don't know what it means but just a note. Out of nowhere from a tomb some small swampy room. Wierd all the other levels you go through a door and then there is the change in envirement. Maybe the orginal Mt. Fire eyes or Fungus forest puzzle location but rare edited it.

Also on the GBTG homework board many rumours go around but what i have only seen said once is that it says
"1. Collect the ice key
2. Collect eggs
3. Unlock secret level"

Old 4th July 2006, 03:22 PM
Missing Hero

But Rare solve"Lava World" rumour in Banjo-Tooie.Fungus Forest is likely.
Possible in GBTG Rare tell us first hint to Stop N Swop.

Last edited by BanjoPL; 4th July 2006 at 03:24 PM.

Old 4th July 2006, 03:27 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Which is basically saying that the secret level is still unlockable via Stop n Swop. Click Clock Wood doesn't necesarrily have to deal with 'woods' specifically. The focus is upon the giant tree; trees are wood. And the name of the parrot looking creatures that pop out of the holes to attack you are called Clickers. So basically, the name of the levels is suggesting the Clickers' Tree; or another words, Clicker's Wood. Not sure where the whole Clock part comes in though. Unless you count the amount of time that it takes to get to the top of the tree.

And also, let's not forget everyone that Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooiea aren't the only games. Donkey Kong 64 is currently a key factor to be looking into as well, though Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie (especially) are the more probable places to be searching. I'm personally playing through/searching through DK 64 first. Then I'll get started on Banjo-Kazooie and then back to Tooie. The best thing to do for us non-hackers is to play through the games and take our time. Do NOT be rushed in any way whatsoever and pay close attention to every little detail. ANYTHING that seems out of place, right it down for reference that it may be investigated by not only yourself, but by the rest of Team SFS as well.

Old 4th July 2006, 03:30 PM
Missing Hero

Another strange...Tooie is very hard to hacking.Rare must hide something.
Maybe those "Stop N Swop Station Arisen" forum would be Team SFS forum?

Last edited by BanjoPL; 4th July 2006 at 03:34 PM.

Old 4th July 2006, 04:45 PM
Glowbo

an idea just poped into my head

does any 1 think that the opening video with banjo kazooie tooty and mumbo are makin music could be fungi forest? cuz look at the game pack in ur N64 its got the same waterfall and the U shape in trees in the backround (aka where their playin the opening music) thoughts any 1?

Old 4th July 2006, 04:56 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
That's a good insight. Both are strangely familiar. And about that... if i'm not mistaken, in the US Banjo-Kazooie commercial, I could have sworn I saw a level in that commercial where there was a Jiggy behind that very waterfall. And the level in that commercial was a forest! I could be mistaking it for another game or something, but it's awfully strange that I CANNOT find the US Banjo-Kazooie commercial ANYWHERE! The Japanese commercial, yes, easily. US... not at all.

Old 4th July 2006, 04:59 PM
Glowbo

did you try www.youtube.com ?

Old 4th July 2006, 05:06 PM
Jinjo

Exclamation Holy

HOLY CRAP! This guy has made a page for banjo kazooie cheats and he said if you beak bomb gobi when he is ext to the industructable door he goes through and he was able to go through!!!!

heres a link to the page i found this on.

Old 4th July 2006, 05:24 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Yeah, I checked Youtube and it's not on there either.

Whoa! That's very interesting! Definately a must try!! Great find!

Old 4th July 2006, 05:34 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
About you wondering where the clock came in, it's the season change. Now then I have had a few theories that would never work exept for two. I post this theory that combines the two.

Ok let's say Stop 'n' Swap was still planned to be used with BT. When Banjo Tooie was released you would do whatever it is you have to do unlock Stop 'n' Swap. Then you'd go to where ever you have to go like a SnS station. You'd then be told to switch to BK. When you hot swap the data would be saved in the RAM (Random Acsess Memory.) When you start up BK and load a file It would probably show the area's or area opening. You'd then collect the eggs and key and then goto BK's SnS station or whatever they use. They'd then tell you to hotswap it. Then with the data saved onto the RAM you'd then switch to BT. You'd do whatever it was to unlock the items the with the data of the used items you'd go to the SnS station or area and then switch back to BK. You would used the activators that were stored in the RAM to unlock those extra area's or whatever you get from it. And that is most likely what the SnS technique was.

The problem. The data for SnS might not be in BT anymore. That means that the only way to activate SnS is for up to 8 megs of code to activate SnS. That would not be fun to type or even make. Converting it to PAL would be a nightmare and the whole thing would not be fun. I also made a thread awhile back with this type of theory. Here it is

Also I have a web page for hacking and I copied it all down into a word.doc that I'll post if the site goes down on the way back machine and get permission. By the way good old Subdrag also helped in making this. The other notible hacker who made it was Parasyte. I'll use hex workshop as soon as I can get a good ROM. All the other ones are just duds. Don't post a link though because that's against RWPF policy. Oh yeah the hacking page. Right Here
I think it's pretty useful.

Last edited by pinkbull; 4th July 2006 at 06:30 PM.