Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 21st September 2016, 09:11 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
Been playing Bioshock remastered, and I had forgot great of a game Bioshock is. Although I accidentally avoided two fights that should have triggered but didn't because I was letting one of Cohen's masterpieces run around while I searched everything.
I've also been doing this, and god damn. Bioshock is just as great as I remember.

Old 22nd September 2016, 07:14 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
i beat tales of phantasia. it was ok.

i beat tales of graces f. it was good.

Old 23rd September 2016, 04:15 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

tales of the tempest is a game about how lycanthropes are definitely people too and do not deserve to be discriminated against

Old 23rd September 2016, 02:31 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DementedSun View Post
Been playing Bioshock remastered, and I had forgot great of a game Bioshock is. Although I accidentally avoided two fights that should have triggered but didn't because I was letting one of Cohen's masterpieces run around while I searched everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre View Post
I've also been doing this, and god damn. Bioshock is just as great as I remember.
I would have gotten these on Steam but I recently played through 1 and 2 after I bought the Bioshock collection. I just need to finally get around to installing Infinite one of these days.

Old 23rd September 2016, 10:47 PM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Finally got to Alltrades Abbey in DQ7. Gave the wolf-boy the vocation of shepherd.

Old 25th September 2016, 06:00 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

the plot of tales of zestiria is you play tales of zestiria, and then you watch the tales of zestiria anime and get a plot that makes sense, where the knight princess alisha is given a role beyond being your best princess buddy who always got your back until they write her out of the game for thirty hours

Old 25th September 2016, 09:26 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Replaying Mario & Luigi: Dream Team for some reason. I think I just crave mindless audio-visual stimulation. On hard mode I actually died against a regular enemy and lost that 45-minute session of progress, which in this game is half mashing the b-button through constant perfunctory tutorials and dialogue and skits that much less tolerable than in the previous games. Even though Dream Team is the last Mario RPG to have featured brand new characters and not just a formulaic plot, the big twist is that the new main villain sucks, and Bowser is here to establish the status quo and crush our hopes at an original tale in a Mario RPG ever again. And after Sticker Star, Paper Jam, and now Color Splash, the coffin is nailed shut.

Old 29th September 2016, 10:19 AM
Story of the Year '10 - '11

INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Just played Virginia.

Never been more confused.

Old 1st October 2016, 08:47 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Finally got back into Drawception. I remember a few of you lads here played, anyone still on I can add?

Old 3rd October 2016, 12:16 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I've been spending time getting addicted to Dead Rising 1 again. The PC port takes me back to when it was first released and I was ultra hype for it. I'm planning on going for the 7 day survivor achievement when I'm off work this week. It's a little harder this time since I don't have a friend here to switch off with, but at least the game doesn't crash in the food court on this version. Maybe I'll try to stream it assuming my internet connection isn't total trash then.

Also, Princess Maker 2 just recently got an official English release on Steam. It's the Refine version which was the Windows 98 version of the game which uses the high-res original art cells and added voice acting. I haven't played it yet but it looks identical to the original Japanese release of refine, although the translation seems a bit rough. So don't expect the same quality as the old DOS prototype of the first cancelled English version, but at least all the endings are there.

Old 4th October 2016, 07:43 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

tales of zestiria might be the worst tales of game i've ever played that isn't a ds game made by the developers of sonic rush

nothing in this game's plot makes sense. it's a bunch of scenes glued together into something just barely resembling a plot. it's such a mess that the animated adaptation is actually a more coherent story

decent combat though

Last edited by The Colonel; 4th October 2016 at 07:45 PM.

Old 7th October 2016, 02:01 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
been playing Legend of the Dragoon for the first time. It's a bit simplistic in both gameplay and plot thus far, but simplicity is a thing I've come to appreciate. It's got a reaction command sort of thing like Paper Mario or Shadow Hearts, and you can change that command to different moves it looks like. Also digging the soundtrack.

Old 7th October 2016, 08:41 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
let's get real.. even i'm only 12 but i can see that dk64 was a crepy game i meaned think about it.. frantic factory alive toys wanting to murder you and jak and the box boss, gloomy galleon dark and not meant for kids realy, creepy castle the name said it all... the ball room and atmostfear. fungy frost had elments of creeped but used your imagnatin who was it all for? what is this pl;ace? what a mystery forst. and take banjokazoie for example we see the piture of it hangs on banjos wall? its rely crepy if your think about think about it this game was not meand for us kids

Old 8th October 2016, 12:28 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Playing Super Mario 64: Last Impact.

Only game ever that has nearly given me motion sickness. Otherwise, an interesting hack so far. not sure the creator knows anything about how to position a camera so you can actually see what you're doing though, as well as not making ledges grab-able. Some walls can't be wall kicked either, which is very annoying.

Old 8th October 2016, 12:41 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Mario 64: Third Impact was so ****ed up

User Tag List