Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 29th September 2015, 10:38 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 15
Mystery Four Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan257 View Post
Each game has a different impact on the player depending on if it's your first or most recent in my opinion. As it's so late in the series (at the moment), most people have played a game before Black & White. So it comes naturally for them to choose Pokemon who can counter the different types and have a certain set of moves, rather than going in blindly on R/B, G/S/C, R/S/E etc. where you have no knowledge about the game and it's more exciting. You learn by making the right and wrong choices rather than just the correct ones in the newer games.

It's a lot more fun when you have no idea what's going to happen than knowing that after you complete all 8 gyms, you have to fight against the greatest Pokemon trainers in that region.
actually I kinda did this with Black and White.

Upon the games upcoming release, knowing it would have only original pokémon in it, I gave myself a news embargo that held up surprisingly well. I went into playing White without knowing just about anything about the games and it made playing it SO GOOD.

I think a big part of why new Pokémon games are less awesome is because everything and their Pokémothers are leaked about the games before they release (in the west), so the games become more about looking for the things you already know than discovery and wonder. This to me is why Black/White will always hold a really high spot on my list of favourite Pokémon games because I had that sense of discovery once more that I hadn't really felt since the original games came out.
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 29th September 2015, 10:52 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 3
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence 
Silver was my first main series Pokemon game, and I'll never be able to forget the way it made me feel. Playing it and even just listening to the music floods me with emotions every time. I think I played Hey You, Pikachu! around the same time, but Silver and Crystal are my most vivid Pokemon memories. It was also the first cartoon I remember watching. Pokemon opened up the world to me and sparked my imagination like nothing has since. I'll probably unashamedly eat up the games until I die, because I can still feel that magic. Pokemon Go is something I've dreamed of since I was a baby.

Idk exactly where this post was going but god damn I love Pokemon.

Old 30th September 2015, 08:06 AM
Glowbo

@ Smouvy I bought Black a year or two ago and haven't had time to play it yet. I probably will over the next few months but I played White on an r4 (naughty) so I know quite a few of the Pokemon and other things but I'll make sure I enjoy it because I didn't finish it the first time.

@ Jubilee They've affected us so much that we'll never forget the simple lessons they taught us. I love video game music and every time I listen to a song from Pokemon, I lay back and reminisce about all the good times back in the day

Old 30th September 2015, 08:36 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Podcast INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence 
I love Puzzle League but I have a feeling I'm not quite on your level

Old 30th September 2015, 12:09 PM
Darth Dubzicus

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
if you really listen to Diamond and Pearl music the town themes kind of sound like it's a brodway performance or at the very least a play
Whose cause and cure lie ever out of reach."

Old 9th October 2015, 07:48 PM
Fired

You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
Y'know I'm only now just realizing that we're getting very close to 1000 Pokémon. Think about that. A thousand Pokémon! That's crazy!

Even if they only release 100 Pokémon for the next two generations, that'll bring the total up from 721, to 821, to 921. So generation 8, (or 9 if they really want to be conservative and clean,) will show us Pokémon number 1000.

I wonder what it'll be? Seeing as they've already done God.... Life an Death.... I think they'll create legendaries that have some degree of control over the Sun and the Moon eventually, but what would Pokémon number 1000 be?

I wonder if they'll retire the franchise then, or take a break from it for a couple years. It can't go on forever...but then, it isn't owned by Nintendo. It's the only thing that makes Gamefreak money. I see no forseeable end to this franchise, which concerns me.

Old 9th October 2015, 07:54 PM
Darth Dubzicus

You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
most likely 1000 and 1
Whose cause and cure lie ever out of reach."

Old 10th October 2015, 10:37 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyo76 View Post
I wonder what it'll be? Seeing as they've already done God.... Life an Death.... I think they'll create legendaries that have some degree of control over the Sun and the Moon eventually, but what would Pokémon number 1000 be?
It'll be the Fishing Rod pokémon.

It'll replace the normal rods. Here's some bait for you
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 31st October 2015, 01:23 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
There's a new form of
Spoiler: (highlight to view)
Mewtwo
in Pokken.

Click.

Spoiler: (highlight to view)
Dark Mewtwo. Who knows how canon it is, but it looks like Mewtwo has a weird crystal shard embedded into it and it can still Mega evolve.

Old 30th November 2015, 06:35 PM
Fired

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...pokemon/.95870

Also we're we're getting "major Pokémon news" some time in December, presumably the announcement of the next main series games. I know everyone was disappointed with the Direct but at least we know the announcement's coming.

Old 30th November 2015, 07:23 PM
Fired

I don't actually. It's so big that there's always a younger audience coming in.

I think it'll start dropping in sales, but I mean the games are very lucrative in the first place and a lot of their fans are super hardcore about being fans.

Old 30th November 2015, 07:44 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
I know that I've definitely had enough, unless they start changing game mechanics.

Old 30th November 2015, 10:19 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyo76 View Post
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...pokemon/.95870

Also we're we're getting "major Pokémon news" some time in December, presumably the announcement of the next main series games. I know everyone was disappointed with the Direct but at least we know the announcement's coming.
Do speak for yourself. I felt more than fulfilled with the anouncement of the VC games!
\_(❀❀) _/
/ ◯◯ \
☄╯  ╰ シ

Old 1st December 2015, 01:47 PM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
I bought X two days ago and I really like it. I like the small customization aspects for your character, and the new Pokemon so far are pretty nice and they don't look like spaghetti monster monstrosities like some of the ones in Black/White. I'm not huge into the series but I'm beginning to see why I enjoyed the old ones so much again, it's such a time-killer.

That being said, I'm still confused by the Pokemon-Amie/Super Training apps. I don't fully know exactly how either of them work - they're kinda tedious and I'm still not sure if I can go through most of the game without spending a lot of time with them.

As a side note, I'm curious as to whether or not anyone here plays any of the F2P Pokemon games on 3DS. I play Rumble frequently but I haven't touched Shuffle in quite a while. Is there any incentive to go back?

Last edited by Crystal Mech; 1st December 2015 at 01:49 PM.

Old 1st December 2015, 04:51 PM
Rare Witch Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Mech View Post
I bought X two days ago and I really like it. I like the small customization aspects for your character, and the new Pokemon so far are pretty nice and they don't look like spaghetti monster monstrosities like some of the ones in Black/White. I'm not huge into the series but I'm beginning to see why I enjoyed the old ones so much again, it's such a time-killer.

That being said, I'm still confused by the Pokemon-Amie/Super Training apps. I don't fully know exactly how either of them work - they're kinda tedious and I'm still not sure if I can go through most of the game without spending a lot of time with them.

As a side note, I'm curious as to whether or not anyone here plays any of the F2P Pokemon games on 3DS. I play Rumble frequently but I haven't touched Shuffle in quite a while. Is there any incentive to go back?
With super training, it's extremely useful if you do EV training. Like you just pick one of the events and it'll help raise the EV points of the stat event you chose. Helps with the potential of your Pokemon. Pokemon Amie, I never got into, you just play with your Pokemon and raise friendship of it. Kinda boring imo.

Tags
lol tags

User Tag List