Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 28th July 2008, 08:19 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConkerTribe View Post
Congrats on having an opinion.
Yeah, and good luck finding a brain, smartass...

Old 28th July 2008, 08:24 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimrod View Post
Yeah, and good luck finding a brain, smartass...
I think CT is right...

Ghoulies did have bad controls though. I mean, it wasn't a good game. Rare even admits that.

Old 28th July 2008, 08:32 PM
Clanker

There was two things wrong with ghoullies replayability and the fact you do the samme thing over and over again but while it didnt live up to my expectations I let rare slide they had just gone throught the whole msoft good nintendo not so good anymore thing

Old 28th July 2008, 09:09 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltonax View Post
I think CT is right...

Ghoulies did have bad controls though. I mean, it wasn't a good game. Rare even admits that.
Can someone cite a source with a Rare employee outright saying that Ghoulies sucked? I know they said it didn't sell, but when did they ever "admit" that it was a bad game?

Ghoulies didn't even have bad controls. The right stick is perfect for shooting or attacking in the direction you want without having to turn your character around constantly. It made it a lot less frustrating to fight when you're surrounded. In my own opinion - which apparently doesn't count because everyone on here seems to think that having a differing opinion makes you an enemy - the controls were absolutely perfect for that genre of games. I'm sorry if anyone in particular has motor skills so bad they can't manage the simplest of control schemes.

Left stick: Move

Right stick: Kick ass

What is so effing difficult about that? >_>

Old 28th July 2008, 09:20 PM
New Member of the Year ('07 - '08)

It's a bad idea, not in concept, but in execution. I don't think it worked all that well is all. That's my opinion. Can we all just accept that people have different opinions and that there's no point arguing if we all have different tastes? I mean, I hate using the analog stick for anything other than moving or the camera. So sue me.

I swear, this whole thing is like someone arguing over which color is best.

"Blue is best!"
"No, red is best!"
"Blue!"
"Red!"
"Blue!"
"REDDDDD!"

...and so on.

Also, it doesn't much matter if Rare thinks it was a bad game, now does it? I mean, they made it. They can think whatever they want about it. It's the customer's opinion that matters here.

Old 28th July 2008, 09:52 PM
Bunnycomb

I wouldn't really have a problem with it if people actually gave a reason why said color is best, like citing sources and facts. But you're right, this is pretty much a shouting match.

Save for a different thread. This is about something else entirely.

Soooooooooooo ummm.... Who else noticed the uncanny resemblance Sabreman Stampede has with Nuts 'n' Bolts? It almost looks like they went from Donkey Kong Racing to Sabreman Stampede then finally to BK: N&B. Seems like there's a great deal of flying and riding in an open environment.

Old 31st July 2008, 11:51 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-R-E-T View Post
Who else noticed the uncanny resemblance Sabreman Stampede has with Nuts 'n' Bolts? It almost looks like they went from Donkey Kong Racing to Sabreman Stampede then finally to BK: N&B. Seems like there's a great deal of flying and riding in an open environment.
That's exactly what I thought when I saw the video. It may have been one of the reasons it got canceled. Sabreman Stampede is truly a lost, and I hope that we get it someday (whether it's brought back onto the 720 as a launch title, or through a different game, spiritually, like N&B), but I am glad they canceled Battletoads.

The Battletoads redesign looked like a Frogger clone, and the combat didn't look as awesomely over-the-top as the previous games. Good call on that cancellation, Rare. If you want to make a new Battletoads game, just make it for XBLA, add all the XBLA bells and whistles like online play and HD graphics, and include Jolly as a secret Battletoad, and Bam: Instant money!

Old 4th August 2008, 12:49 PM
Bunnycomb

Basic Forum Rules 
Hahahaha, Battletoads film...

http://www.battletoadsmovie.com/

Read the names underneath. I'm surprised they got such an all-star cast...

Tags
battletoads, beta, footage, gameboy advance, gba, microsoft, nintendo, rare, sabreman, sabreman stampede, video, xbox 360

User Tag List