Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 2nd November 2007, 08:03 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah...Nintendo mentioned Bottles' Revenge in Banjo-Tooie Press Release from November 20,2000 and Rare said that Bottles' Revenge is "secret subgame" in November 8,2001 Scribes.

Old 4th November 2007, 02:22 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
We had to use a GS to find it. Now thats what I call a "secret subgame"!

Old 4th November 2007, 05:18 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNPC View Post
We had to use a GS to find it. Now thats what I call a "secret subgame"!
EXACLEY!! lol but really, i wonder what would have triggerd it. like the red sns egg.

Old 4th November 2007, 06:15 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK-SNS-BT? View Post
EXACLEY!! lol but really, i wonder what would have triggerd it. like the red sns egg.
No offense, and it's not just towards you but towards everyone, but why does everyone say that the eggs had to trigger everything. There's no reason to believe that it couldn't have been a reward for beating the game or some other type of thing. Just because we don't know what the eggs did doesn't mean they have to be the solution to everything. For all we know, the eggs do nothing. The project might have been abandoned before they ever decided what the eggs would trigger, besides the ones that are in BT.

Old 4th November 2007, 06:38 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
This is a little off the topic but, isn't there a way to remove SNS data from BK? Besides a GS? It should be stored by a battery backed save like everything else. So could removeing or shorting the battery erase the memory without killing the game? Does rapidly switching the console on and off really wipe the memory like it warns me not to do in the user manual?

Old 4th November 2007, 07:05 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yambibakuragod
No offense, and it's not just towards you but towards everyone, but why does everyone say that the eggs had to trigger everything. There's no reason to believe that it couldn't have been a reward for beating the game or some other type of thing. Just because we don't know what the eggs did doesn't mean they have to be the solution to everything. For all we know, the eggs do nothing. The project might have been abandoned before they ever decided what the eggs would trigger, besides the ones that are in BT.
You know TOO MUCH...we are gonna have to take you out.

Anyways, yes I have come to that conclusion myself a small time ago. It turn's out that Rare implemented Stop N Swop into BK before BT was actually in development. All they probably knew was that Kazooie would be the one's to hatch the eggs. I'm sure there was a concept Rare had as to what the eggs would unlock. Anyway's SNS probably never made it past the testing stage. Ya' know, using the Sandcastle codes in BK to swap the eggs over to BT without actually having to implement secret area's in BT itself. In this way, they could see if the plan would actually work on the console. Too bad something went way wrong. Anyway's BT utilized the expansion pack at E3 and I have a complete theory in the works on this, but that will be released some other time.

Now that you ALL know to much, who should I DEAL with first?

Old 4th November 2007, 07:31 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
You know TOO MUCH...we are gonna have to take you out.

Anyways, yes I have come to that conclusion myself a small time ago. It turn's out that Rare implemented Stop N Swop into BK before BT was actually in development. All they probably knew was that Kazooie would be the one's to hatch the eggs. I'm sure there was a concept Rare had as to what the eggs would unlock. Anyway's SNS probably never made it past the testing stage. Ya' know, using the Sandcastle codes in BK to swap the eggs over to BT without actually having to implement secret area's in BT itself. In this way, they could see if the plan would actually work on the console. Too bad something went way wrong. Anyway's BT utilized the expansion pack at E3 and I have a complete theory in the works on this, but that will be released some other time.

Now that you ALL know to much, who should I DEAL with first?
me me me!

Old 6th November 2007, 03:49 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
[
Hammerhead Beach was the Beta name for Treasure Trove Cove, so either that was just a joke or TTC has the most to do with SNS. Which sounds very convincing considering the following:

-Sandcastle codes
-Pink Egg with X on it in RBB ship
-Snacker the shark appears in TTC and RBB
-The Sea-men(from TTC) appear in RBB, in Jolly's menu there is an item called "seaman's surprise".
-Pictures of Shark Food Island and Pink egg in the room near Blackeye.
-The red egg is in the captain's cabin(obviously a guy) who's name might have been black-beard argh, or more likely black-eye because his pic's are found all around Mad monster mansion.

I wish we could figure out what that map in the navigation room of the RBB is...it could very well be an interior area...oh well.
Rune the very fact thats name is Treasure Trove, implys mroe than jsut what is at face value, most assume its simply because of the treasure chest jiggy and the lock jaws, however, Treasure referring to the sandcastle codes, and prehapes referring even more so to the Pink Egg.

Old 15th November 2007, 11:14 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Don't forget this clue posted by Ghouly Boy himself:

BTW he is referring to Slaphappy's theory as being the closest to the truth. Something to do with the Ram packs changing later on.
Do you mean the Rom (as the cartridges themselves) or Ram?

well did Slaphappy's theory involve the Dynamic Drive?? or did it involve this

In 2004, a patent filed by Rare was published which suggests that Stop 'N' Swop involved swapping cartridges with the power off to transfer data. The information would be momentarily retained by utilizing the Rambus memory in the Nintendo 64.[6] As a result of changes done to the Nintendo 64 systems produced in 1999, the system could no longer do this effectively.

here is the N64 DD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_64_dd

The DD seemed like the perfect way for Rare to implement SNS into BT. It had a a 64 mb Zip drive and additional Ram (4mb i believe). unfortunately it failed to sale well in Japan.

Thats my theory of how SnS files/codes would have been transfered from BK to BT and vice versa

Old 16th November 2007, 02:14 AM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
He meant the RAM. The whole hot-swapping thing with the N64 makes the most sense.

And as for the promise that it would all be explained in B3; didn't they say that about BT at the end of BK? All it left us with was more questions.

And as long as I'm here, no trip to the theories board would be complete without a crappy fake "theory":
Make Banjo jump five hundred times and on the five hundredth, have him double jump. Then Grunty will say something. Go back to the house and look at the picture above the fire place and you have to put in a number. The number is the amount of typos in BobtheBuilder's posts a few years ago. When that's done, turn off the game and follow three easy steps.
1. Put in BT and turn it on.
2.???
3. Enjoy your new found abilities with the SnS genie's help!

Glad I could point you all in the right direction... Cuz I'm a Rare employee o_O