Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 1st January 2008, 05:31 PM
Bunnycomb

Guide To Banjo Discoveries, Mysteries, and Many Other Things!

Ok, I've been working on an extensive guide (4 pages ) and it's about all the discoveries we've made and theories that have been confirmed or denied, and mysteries still left remaining, as well as a brief hacking section. There are probably some mistakes in the guide, so If there are please post or PM me. Also, if you want anything added please Post or PM me. I'm trying to get people to stop posting things already discovered, so maybe this will make them look before they post. Feedback is appreciated

******NEW! NEW! NEW!******
Ok, the guide is getting a complete revamp. Im addind pictures, as well as a new interface, possibly with added features. So stay tuned for this update. I have an update of the old guide, with some added pictures, which I will upload soon.

EDIT: Fixed Blubber's Island Mistake
EDIT2: Fixed IceKeyMaster's requests, added references, added firealpha's belief, and I added a credits section
EDIT3: Added Cold-Swapping
EDIT4: Fixed Nickbyo's Suggestion
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hacking Banjo Kazooie V2.pdf (20.6 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by Rickwakefan123; 7th January 2008 at 02:05 AM.

Old 1st January 2008, 07:51 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickwakefan123 View Post
Another odd feature is Blubbers
Secret Island. These minimal character who is whining about his gold, was supposedly supposed to
have a secret island, and through a Gameshark, this is possible.

If you go to his island he claims that someone has stolen his ship and he needs an Ice Key. This
obviously indicates the one found in Freezeezy Peak. Nothing else is on the island, except a clam.

Snacker is still programmed into the water though, which is hinting that this island was supposed to be a
small swim away from the main level of Treasure Trove Cove.

What are you talking about?

Last edited by Neodynamics; 1st January 2008 at 08:07 PM.

Old 1st January 2008, 08:46 PM
Bunnycomb

Whenever you talk to him on his Island he says something about his treasure being stolen, and that he needs the Ice Key, the Ice Key that we know from Freezeezy Peak. Does that clear it up?

Old 1st January 2008, 08:54 PM
Most Improved Member ('08 - '09)

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickwakefan123 View Post
Whenever you talk to him on his Island he says something about his treasure being stolen, and that he needs the Ice Key, the Ice Key that we know from Freezeezy Peak. Does that clear it up?
Uhm, he never said that..

Old 1st January 2008, 09:01 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
That's a RWP video, not real!

Old 1st January 2008, 09:13 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
I've seen some RWP videos, but I've never seen that one.

Old 1st January 2008, 09:25 PM
Bunnycomb

Oops I'm sorry! I knew there would be mistakes in the guide. I'll fix that right away.

Old 2nd January 2008, 05:39 AM
Clanker

Quote:
The items were seven eggs, and an ice key.
I would have thought this would have bean mentioned already... six eggs.

Quote:
Later on they said they took it out because the “hot swapping” would mess up your Nintendo 64, thus they removed the feature.
That's a theory, they never actually said it.

Quote:
He was supposed to be in the first game, indicated by the photo in Mad Monster Mansion, but was placed in the second game for reasons unknown.
He was supposed to be in a game they scraped before they made B-K, called Project Dream.

Quote:
It seemed as though Rare was going to make it so that he commanded the ship in Rusty Bucket Bay, and sailed to Treasure Trove Cove to get the first egg, as well as replace Grunty as the final boss.
No, Defiantly no, no.

Quote:
These minimal character who is whining about his gold, was supposedly supposed to have a secret island, and through a Gameshark, this is possible.
No. The only reason he is there is because the released code is replacing TTC, but keeping the spawns.

Quote:
Hammerhead Beach (Which is the beach after you beat the game 100%). This was probably made into Treasure Trove Cove, or somehow linked to Blubbers secret island.)
It is not confirmed that that is actually hammerhead beach, and it IS Blubbers secret island'.

Quote:
The oddest of these three levels, is Fungi Forest, because evidence remains! In Freezeezy Peak, if you go to the top of the snowman, and look towards the west, you will see a wall with green vegetation on it. This was supposedly the entrance to Fungi Forest.
Face to palm.

Quote:
Above the tunnel that leads you to the entrance of Freezeezy Peak, there is a tunnel that leads back to the place with the witches head, but it has a golden feather in it. What could this be for? Nobody knows.
Not relevant!

Quote:
There’s also the whistles on the ship, that may have a certain combination that triggers stop and swop somehow.
Neck to Neuse.

Quote:
After you beat the game, you are left with 2 jiggy’s. What could these be for?
3 jiggys and it's so if your stuck on one, you can move on.

Quote:
And it was thought that 8 led to King Jingo’s palace, and 9 led to Bottle’s House
Lolwut?

All the hacking stuff ect. is good, and not to sound harsh, but do your homework!

Last edited by IceKeyMaster; 2nd January 2008 at 05:59 AM.

Old 2nd January 2008, 05:57 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I believe the tunnel above the tunnel leading to FP is merely there for conveinance in getting the FP Witch Switch Jiggy.

Old 2nd January 2008, 06:38 AM
Bunnycomb

Thank you very much IceKeyMaster. I will fix all that as well as add some more stuff on actual hacking. Expect this all fixed tomorrow

Old 3rd January 2008, 10:06 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Actually, rare was most likely going to use the Cold-Swapping method(Swapping cartridges while the power was off).

Old 4th January 2008, 03:38 AM
Bunnycomb

Thanks Rune

Old 5th January 2008, 02:05 PM
Jinjo

In chapter 3 you have said "They made Stop N' Swop, a fun added bonus to connect both Banjo-Tooie and it's Sequel". Don't you mean Banjo-Kazooie and it's sequel or Banjo-Tooie and it's prequel?

Old 5th January 2008, 05:03 PM
Bunnycomb

Good Point Thanks

Old 6th January 2008, 03:16 PM
Jinjo

I thought there were only two extra jiggys...