Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: Is there a point in Re-RE-Examining these Rare games?
Hell yeah! Lets do it! 10 26.32%
Man, there might be something. May not, though. 15 39.47%
NO! YOUR'E AN IDIOT! N00B GO HOME!! 13 34.21%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 4th July 2008, 05:32 AM
Jinjo

Spiral Mountain Mythos Project: A Call To Arms

Ok. I'm new here. I've never been an active member of any forum community. Hell, I still haven't beaten any of the Banjo-Kazooie games! However, I've been browsing through the history of Stop N Swop lately. Alot. The theories, the debunking, the flaming...

I noticed though that people are becoming jaded with the idea of exploring the Spiral Mountain Mythos (My name for the secrets and unknown regarding the series) when I'm just getting started. I don't want people to give up hope. Any crazy theory or belief regarding ANYTHING with the SMM could very well be the answer.

How, you ask?

Even though some people have created virtually bulletproof theories that can disprove everything said by the last guy, NO ONE knows what SNS is. No one knows what Ridiculously Secret Area is. How is Bottle's Revenge unlocked? I can go on, but you get the point...and I would pry miss some stuff.

Anyway, im looking for both avid BK explorers and new guys wanting to figure this stuff out firsthand. I have high hopes to uncover things people may have passed up before, SNS related or not. Let me know if any of you are interested. No prior experience is needed. No hacking skills required. Hell, I don't care if you don't even own a single Rare game. What I want are thinkers. Problem solvers. High hopes and far fetched ideas (within a certain area of reason mind you).

May the Spiral Mountain Mythos Project live on for as long as we can keep it going....

Old 4th July 2008, 06:40 AM
Grunty's Reject

Ouch, naming a potential team after one of our competitors...

Honestly, I don't really know what to say. Really, but of the random thoughts have been repeated so many times during the past 10 years, there really isn't much point to it anymore.

That, and to my knowledge, this would be the 3rd such team, following Team Search for Stop N' Swop (Team SFS) and the Twilight Brigade (TB) SFS died after it degraded to random theories with no backing, and the TB is just about dead because there really isn't much left around to poke through.

But whatever, if you do go through with this, best of luck.

Old 4th July 2008, 06:41 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 4
Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
I thought I replied to this topic already... Oh well...

Old 4th July 2008, 09:34 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules 
Before CoolBoyMan finds this...

Yes, we do know what SNS was supposed to be. What happens after the swap never existed, so it doesn't matter.
There is absoluteley nothing left to find in B-K... RWP's oiginal hackers took care of that.
Stop 'N' Swop was totally canned, but Rare left most of the pre-Stop parts in Banjo-Kazooie because it was too late to change, and they weren't sure what they were going to do with it, anyway.

Just so you know. I don't want you being totally flamed.

Old 4th July 2008, 01:33 PM
Jinjo

I see, then i may be too late. However, I do think it is weird that a game such as Grabbed By the Ghoulies had a SNS reference and no other mentions of it (that i know of) were made in other post-64 games. I havent heard much about the GBA games Rare did, pry not worth the time searching through. ANyway, my point for doing this is to have fun. I wanted to join one of the projects going on, but with no previous skills to help out with anything i figured making another team with "new" faces. I hoped i would also learn how to hack a little bit too along the way. IDK i guess it is pointless. Ill take down the thread then. As for CBM, I respect his theory. However i don't respect the way he debunks theories and asserts his beliefs by making others feel like idiots. Oh well, thanks anyway guys.

Old 4th July 2008, 01:40 PM
Bunnycomb

Viva Piñata Mastery INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamibakuragod View Post
Ouch, naming a potential team after one of our competitors...

Here we go again... 'competitors'...

Sheesh... >.>;

Old 4th July 2008, 04:14 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I see, then i may be too late. However, I do think it is weird that a game such as Grabbed By the Ghoulies had a SNS reference and no other mentions of it (that i know of) were made in other post-64 games. I havent heard much about the GBA games Rare did, pry not worth the time searching through. ANyway, my point for doing this is to have fun. I wanted to join one of the projects going on, but with no previous skills to help out with anything i figured making another team with "new" faces. I hoped i would also learn how to hack a little bit too along the way. IDK i guess it is pointless. Ill take down the thread then. As for CBM, I respect his theory. However i don't respect the way he debunks theories and asserts his beliefs by making others feel like idiots. Oh well, thanks anyway guys.
GBtG had an SNS reference because it was made by the Banjo team and because Rare likes to poke fun at us (particularly those still looking for SNS). It means nothing, and its purpose is to make people like us argue about it.

Also Coolboyman doesn't try to make people feel like idiots. He knos the truth, and has given all of the proof. If anyone really wanted to know, they could spen five minutes googling SNS and find the proof that it is done. He, along with myself and many of us here, is very excited for RWP to recieve new members, but get really upset when they come without doing a little research and say, "ZOMG holy CRAP, MUST READ! there's an SNS secret hidden in the color of teh SKY!!!1!" or something ridiculous of the sort. That was obviosly an exaggerated example, but you get the picture.

Old 5th July 2008, 02:07 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
I've made a big post about this in the TB thread. Please, go read it.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I've just mamed your entire post.

Old 5th July 2008, 02:48 AM
Jinjo

Well then i guess thats it. I only joined to try and get something together. To do SOMETHING at least. My biggest hopes were getting people together, like myself, to essentially do over what has already been done. Don't know why. In tribute, as a peronal learning experience, or even just to try and have some fun. Its been fun for the two days ive been a member. But theres really no point in me staying much longer.

-DEAD-

*: However, I am also interested in investigatin non-SNS related things, non-BK, and even non-Rare mysteries. Most assume Im looking for SNS.

**: Wait, competitors? Who?

Last edited by Quicksilver; 5th July 2008 at 02:55 AM.

Old 5th July 2008, 06:10 AM
Bunnycomb

Viva Piñata Mastery INFECTED - B1K1 
www.spiralmountain.co.uk is another Banjo site (although with less members concerned with hacking and SnS, and most of those who are being noobs at it). Although some people seem to think you can't have two or more sites created because of the love of the same thing without them competing in some way.

Doesn't make too much sense to me, but whatever.

Old 5th July 2008, 06:11 AM
Brash Breegull

OK then. Well Welcome to the forums! I guess you never got that yet!
Well, I'm glad to see you trying to contribute, and I apoloize for maybe being a jerk, just your first thread kinda was a step off on the wrong foot! Don't leave, once you join you never leave!

And don't worry about any of that "competitor" stuff... we're allies in the love of Banjo!

Old 5th July 2008, 07:45 AM
Jinjo

Lol, their project(s) isnt called Spiral Mountain Mythos though. I just think thats a good way of summing it all up.

Old 5th July 2008, 10:06 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowz View Post
www.spiralmountain.co.uk is another Banjo site (although with less members concerned with hacking and SnS, and most of those who are being noobs at it). Although some people seem to think you can't have two or more sites created because of the love of the same thing without them competing in some way.

Doesn't make too much sense to me, but whatever.
Yeah, just make sure you stay away from the Banjo Theories section on this site. Any logical theory will get bashed to the extreme. Whereas something like "Z0mg SNS revealed!" will get 1,000 views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mxyzptlk
There is absoluteley nothing left to find in B-K... RWP's oiginal hackers took care of that.
Original hackers? Ok, what about my find with the flag data? How do you think CBM was able to use the Sandcastle Codes in his "theory" (Fact actually).

Old 6th July 2008, 03:04 AM
Jinjo

Well damn then. I definitely don't want to give up, but it seems more and more like a waste, according to your guys' info/suggestions. So, Ill set up a quota. Lets say... 5 people minimum join my crusade and I'll stick with it. That gives me a team of at least 6. TO anyone that wants to join the SMMP (possibly soon to be changed to a name covering more than just BK) PM me or post here. If you dont want to participate then don't, I just ask that I'm not flamed or discouraged from continuing. If youre new or a longtime member, it matters not. All i ask for is the determination to find something new or present additional, plausible theories. If for some ungodly reason any member believes crazy old me and decides to join, I will post a member list which willl be updated periodically. Ah, I think im getting ahaead of myself now. Deadline is July.... uh... 21st. Thank you guys and hope to hear some good news awfully soon. I need it.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 6th July 2008 at 03:19 AM.

Old 6th July 2008, 03:21 AM
Jinjo

Spiral Mountain Mythos Project (working title)

Current Members:
-Quicksilver

Tags
theories