Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 20th September 2006, 12:10 AM
Glowbo

Exclamation Stop 'N Swop theory

Okay, I was reading about the connection between Stop 'N Swop and DK64, and I realized something. If the Ice Key was to be used for DK64, then what about the eggs? I believe that you were to "Swop" the 6 eggs between Kazooie and Tooie, and they would have the same effect as the as the other eggs in BT.
Thoughts, comments?

Old 20th September 2006, 01:16 AM
Dingpot

I once thought that each DK64 character would go to get each corresponding egg color in Banjo Kazooie, and the process would begin with the Ice Key going in the infamous fridge, now found in GI in Banjo Tooie, with the final egg being found by banjo, the blue egg that is.

DK= Yellow Egg
Diddy= Red Egg
Lanky= Cyan Egg
Chunky= Green Egg
Tiny= Purple Egg

What this would've done I have no idea, but there BT egg functions are a possibility, despite the aiming function and a lack of general areas where they'd come in handy.

Why don't girls ever notice me?

Old 20th September 2006, 01:27 AM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
Also, Sub found the text, "ICEKEY" in the data for DK64...makes one wonder, doesn't it? That has definitely been scrapped, though.

Although, like Mystery Man, I thought the eggs somehow corresponded with the Kongs, as well. I have no clue what for, but...it would've been great...

Old 20th September 2006, 01:30 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery Man
DK= Yellow Egg
Diddy= Red Egg
Lanky= Cyan Egg
Chunky= Green Egg
Tiny= Purple Egg
Woah.
Not to jump onto the conspiracy train, but that makes a lot of sense.

Maybe the Ice Key unlocks the totally not almost impossible to beat Donkey Kong arcade game. =\

Old 20th September 2006, 03:08 AM
Clanker

I like the idea, actually i think DK might be much more possible of contain SnS then BT

Old 20th September 2006, 03:14 AM

RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
I'm almost personally certain that in the very beginning stages of both games, SnS was meant to be between Donkey Kong 64 and Banjo-Kazooie. Just in case anyone was wondering, here's a link to the official RWP Article regarding all of this news, as brought to us by Subdrag.

DK64 Stop 'n' Swop Special

Old 20th September 2006, 06:54 PM
Dingpot

Location: NYC, on top of the Empire State Building with a grenade launcher.
maybe the eggs have nothing to do with dk...

Old 20th September 2006, 09:06 PM
Jinjo

maybe it does
still, how would we get a cutscene to do this? or would you suggest hot-swapping or cold-swapping?

Old 20th September 2006, 10:11 PM
Dingpot

Well, I think that since that BK and DK64 were made at the same time, then DK64 has a lot more potential than BT....but then again, BT was kinda suspicious...I think that we should investigate DK64 a lot more than it has been. I would, but I no longer have the game D-:{ oh whellz, I still think that MysteryMan makes a lot of sence(spelling).

Old 20th September 2006, 10:34 PM

Yeah...it was most definitely scrapped at its earliest stages. It's still fun to think about it, though!

Old 21st September 2006, 01:57 AM
Glowbo

It's weird how Scoff N Troff and Stop N Swop sound practically the same and the same music is used.

Old 21st September 2006, 02:02 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkman
It's weird how Scoff N Troff and Stop N Swop sound practically the same and the same music is used.
Oh yea, I forgot about those guys. Thats the pig and hippo you feed to fight bosses.

Old 21st September 2006, 04:09 AM
Dingpot

you know i could've sworn in the booklet there was an item called "Banana scroll" and cranky's description was you may look high you may look low but you'll never find one of these super rare items

Old 21st September 2006, 04:11 AM
Brash Breegull

It did say that, but it was just a joke. It's referring to a theoretical item that would tell you everything there is to know about the gameplay (a.k.a. a player's guide, I guess).

P_L for Registered User

Old 21st September 2006, 04:15 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_L
It did say that, but it was just a joke. It's referring to a theoretical item that would tell you everything there is to know about the gameplay (a.k.a. a player's guide, I guess).

yeah you may be right, but who knows cause what if the ice key was used to open some door that gives you the banana scrolls which you transfer to BK that lets you get the eggs.....ok that was stupid