Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 31st March 2007, 04:51 AM
Clanker

Lightbulb So basically...

I think its safe to say that Rare intended to ultimately use the "hot swap" technique for SNS and such before they were cut off by nintendo. Trying memory cards and such. It seems more logical to have just used a lock-on cartridge like Sonic and Knuckles did earlier.

But over the years i've been looking over everyones thoughts on every little mystery and graphic in the banjo universe. Suspicious wall on the highest cliff in CCL, graphical doors everywhere, the furnace ride near WW, the train tracks...(all just simple graphics enriching the world) but i think what people are more interested in, what draws all the mystery and endless searches leading to nowhere for years upon end, is not HOW the swap takes place and what is involved, but actually what is IN these eggs themselves. This is the TRUTH people are searching for, and i've always seen people ask "how was it supposed to work?"

granted, in the early beginning, before anything was really known, we all wondered how to break that frozen wall to the rotating ice key in Banjo Kazooie. That was the coolest thing to ever see in the game before one actually completed the game and saw the pictures. But what we'll never find out, is what was in the eggs, such as turning Banjo into a polar bear or something cool like that. This, I presume, is what Rare is waiting to reveal in Banjo-Threeie along with taking off Mumbo's mask.

I'm sure if the whole SNS menu thingy wasn't hacked by the gods, and we would have never known about 4 other eggs, we all would have just picked up Banjo-Tooie for the first time and be satisfied with killing the cartridge badies (and seeing a cool yellow egg for the first time aswell). Yet there would STILL be bickering about how cheated we were. Now that SNS has become infamous, its now a simple promotion to sell more Banjo-Threeie and XBox 360s, not like they'd have trouble at all anyway.

My apologies for keeping SNS alive by mentioniing it and such after it was dead for 4 years, but i know it was inevitable to kill. I just wanted to refresh and share a bit of my thoughts about this zombie, especially since new life has breathed into the whole thing with new discoveries and the first rays of the new rising sun aproaching.

Ultimately the question is, what do you think is in those other eggs, and where do you think those eggs would have been hidden? Assuming that the ice key, blue, pink, and yellow egg items original purpose were meant to be a huge glowbo to dragon kazooie, slaming kazooie, homing eggs, and jinjo multiplayer.
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Old 31st March 2007, 05:01 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
I have this crazy theory that the new eggs were supposed to be swapped to DK64.
But I'm not sure what it would unlock...

Old 31st March 2007, 06:24 PM
Glowbo

Footy

I really think they were used to maybe unlock some type of beta level in BK/BT/DK64 that was supposly "scraped" and wasn't acutally scraped until Rare's hotswap idea failed.

Old 31st March 2007, 07:06 PM
Glowbo

I don't think any of us can make any suggestions yet until more info has been found out.