Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Closed Thread

Old 22nd November 2007, 02:37 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwuvBanjo View Post
Huh. I wqonder why I've never posted in the SSBB thread before, since I play that previous 2 like crazy. Anywho, I'm sure someone mentioned this early on in the thread, but I'm no gonna read through 211 pages. Does Nintendo have the ability to put any related Banjo character in Brawl so much as an Assist Trophy? I know a playable Banjo would be awesome, but Banjo is Microsoft now. Even a regular trophy would be a nice reference to the Nintendo days of old......
No, they can't.

Old 22nd November 2007, 03:01 AM
Grunty's Reject

OMG! IT'S A DARK LINK COLOR CHOICE!!!

Edit: AND DARK FOX!!!

Old 22nd November 2007, 03:05 AM
Most Missed Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 8
SteamLink Verified Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Viva PiƱata TiP Mastery 
Speaking of Dark Fox... WAS there a Dark Fox? Is that actually from one of the newer titles, or is it just a darker palette that he glorified in the description .

Old 22nd November 2007, 03:06 AM
Retired

Total Awards: 11
RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98 View Post
I think it's just an obvious assumption...it only makes sense for third-parties to be unlockable.
Even if it does end up being true, how does this make sense? There are people who are going to buy Brawl just because of Sonic. From a business point of view, you'll want your bigger selling points to be available from the start.

Some idiots are going to buy the game, not see Sonic on the starting roster, assume he must not be in, and might even return the game. Nintendo could lose customers, albeit not very bright customers, but still customers none the less.

It would almost be like not having Mario, Link, and Pikachu as starters in the original Smash Bros. These characters were major selling points for the game, and it only made sense for them to be available at the start. While this may not be the best example, I hope you understand my point.

Old 22nd November 2007, 03:16 AM
Brash Breegull

I think its just a glorified description Grey. Wolf is the real Dark Fox. (PLZ GAMING GOD D-PAD PLZ PUT STARWOLF IN BRAWL )

To answer IWUVBANJO's question. Its really in the Grey area but the evidence shows that its not "in the cards" haha

For example, Diddy Kong Racing DS, everyone except banjo and conker returned to the roster. Because Xbox owns the rights to them now.

Rareware can make games for Nintendo still on the GB and DS but not for the household consoles.
for example, Banjo Pilot, BK:Gruntyz Revenge and the upcoming Viva Pinata DS.

if Brawl was for the DS sure Banjo could very well make it in as a third party character but other than that no. Banjo doesn't have much a chance to rear his furry head in Brawl at all. (too bad he wasn't in Melee he would have been awesome.)

Last edited by ElectricKaz; 22nd November 2007 at 03:19 AM.

Old 22nd November 2007, 03:26 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah. If only they'd put him in Melee when they had the chance... Quick! Someone build a time machine!

Old 22nd November 2007, 03:27 AM
Brash Breegull

i have one but it needs batteries

Old 22nd November 2007, 04:39 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
Even if it does end up being true, how does this make sense?
Because third-party characters are not as important as Nintendo characters in a Nintendo mascot fighter? It wouldn't make sense FOR them to be on the starting roster.

Old 22nd November 2007, 04:52 AM
Retired

RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98 View Post
Because third-party characters are not as important as Nintendo characters in a Nintendo mascot fighter? It wouldn't make sense FOR them to be on the starting roster.
If third party character are helping sell the game (Sonic more than Snake), than it does make more sense for them to be on the starting roster.

Old 22nd November 2007, 05:03 AM
Brash Breegull

Hey Snake is still Selling Games. ***** ha but yeah Sonic is a little more popular

I think they will be available in the beginning. But does it really matter if they are unlockable or not i mean honestly??

Who cares as long as they are in it.
2nd. NO ONE IS BUYING THIS ****ING GAME JUST BECAUSE OMG!!!! SONIC AND SNAKE ARE IN IT.
if that was the case, Sonic games would be selling a lot better. besides, the few people who are like that would have already know by now that sonic/snake are going to be in Smash. Unless they are like that one dumbass from GameFaqs that Grey found. They are not going to return a game because their favorite character isn't available from the start.

I find this debate pointless. SONIC ALONE DOES NOT SELL GAMES. MARIO VS SONIC SELLS GAMES. and everyone who is a sonic fanatic already knows that Sonic is in Brawl.

Snake+Sonic = Unlockables?? = irrelevance

****Venting is complete........Temperature Gauge returning to normal.....*****

Old 22nd November 2007, 05:08 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricKaz View Post

SONIC ALONE DOES NOT SELL GAMES.
You've got to be kidding me. You and I both know that there are people who will buy Brawl just because of Sonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricKaz View Post
They are not going to return a game because their favorite character isn't available from the start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avarice
Some idiots are going to buy the game, not see Sonic on the starting roster, assume he must not be in, and might even return the game. Nintendo could lose customers, albeit not very bright customers, but still customers none the less.
Actually read everything I wrote next time.

Last edited by Avarice; 22nd November 2007 at 05:12 AM.

Old 22nd November 2007, 05:22 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
http://smashboards.com/blog/2007/11/...this-december/

Hmmm...

Discuss.

Old 22nd November 2007, 05:24 AM
Retired

I would laugh if they decided only to reveal characters seen on the Dojo.

Old 22nd November 2007, 05:25 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

But if it's already known about from the site, that's not a "reveal."

Old 22nd November 2007, 05:26 AM
Brash Breegull

I'm more in denial of people who are that stupid. Who honestly buys a entire game because of one character. oh ****............ Soul Caliber 2 Gamecube/Xbox Version ha ha

Closed Thread

User Tag List