Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Archive > Action Replay/Gameshark hacking

Action Replay/Gameshark hacking Come in and learn to hack like the pros. ahem. yes.

Old 27th March 2008, 04:45 AM
Glowbo

Question I need help

I was using a scent digit code for banjo kazooie pal version but the scent digit code doesnt work at all. Is the pal version for (E)? Thats what im using. I think thats the rite one because the other pal codes worked.

But not (TRIGGER FOR INSTANT WARP)
(SCENE DIGIT)
(LEVEL PLACEMENT) Does not work. What am im doing wrong?

Old 27th March 2008, 02:25 PM
Alumni Staff

Total Awards: 1
Awesome Default Medal 
The warp code listed here is really badly worded - using it as it is will just give you a black screen. On top of that, the code itself is actually wrong. The address is NOT 8037FC24, it's 8037F2C4. Same for the other two codes (switch the 2 and the C).

The TRIGGER 01 code causes the level to reload, but entering it as a code like the codes page says will cause the level to keep reloading every few seconds, so you'll just see a black screen the whole time. There are two ways to do this properly. The best way is with the memory editor, but if you don't have a memory editor on your cheat device / emulator, you can use a button code instead.

With the memory editor:
Find the level you want to go to in the list of levels on RWP's codes page. It should have a 4 digit number beside it (for example, the Ice Key room is 7F00). The first two digits (7F) are the level digits, the second two (00) control which door you come in through. It's easier to just leave those at 00 since there isn;t a full list of doors yet.

So in the memory editor, go to the address 8037F2C4 and set it to 01. Then go to the byte to the right of it (8037F2C5) and set it to the level digit you want (for the ice key room, for example, you would enter 7F). Make sure 8037F2C6 is set to 00, then return to the game. The screen should go black, then come back on with the level you entered.

With a button code:
If you don't have access to the memory editor, you can use a button code instead. The one I've given you here lets you press D-Right to be warped to the level you chose.

D0285734 0001
8037F2C4 0001
D0285734 0001
8037F2C5 00XX
D0285734 0001
8037F2C6 00YY

Where XX is put in the level digit from the list and where YY is, put the door/place (or just set it to 00 if you don't know the digit).

Happy warping!

Old 28th March 2008, 02:27 AM
Glowbo

Thanks but im trying to walk around in the storys but I dont know how.

Old 28th March 2008, 08:02 PM
Alumni Staff

Total Awards: 1
Awesome Default Medal 
Hang on, do you mean walking around during a cutscene, like when Tooty is being captured or during the Beach scene at the end?

Old 28th March 2008, 09:29 PM
Glowbo

Something like that.

Old 29th March 2008, 10:46 PM
Glowbo

Never mine. I ask someone for the code to walk around in the storys and I got it.