Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

View Poll Results: Favorite Donkey Kong 64 Level?
DK Isles 0 0%
Jungle Japes 4 6.45%
Angry Aztec 2 3.23%
Frantic Factory 12 19.35%
Gloomy Galleon 0 0%
Fungi Forest 28 45.16%
Crystal Caves 9 14.52%
Creepy Castle 7 11.29%
Hideout Helm 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd March 2009, 06:25 PM
Bunnycomb

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy View Post
WAIT, my memory of being a kid returned! I slightly remember that game, I needed 7 or 14 or something like that bannanas in order to get to what I thought was the final boss! What was that, that guy on that island? I thought it was the final boss and was too afraid to approach.
Hm, well the final boss was k rool and you have to jump in a broken space ship (although you were in a boxing ring inside the broken space ship ) Anyways it was on dk isle but not any particular island. Are you talking about when you have to go into hideout helm in k rool's castle? Maybe if you could explain some more I could tell you what you are remembering.

Old 22nd March 2009, 07:22 PM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B2K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Mario View Post
Hm, well the final boss was k rool and you have to jump in a broken space ship (although you were in a boxing ring inside the broken space ship ) Anyways it was on dk isle but not any particular island. Are you talking about when you have to go into hideout helm in k rool's castle? Maybe if you could explain some more I could tell you what you are remembering.
Yes, minus the characters that I cannot exactly remember the names of, I think so. Oh, and on a completed save file (I only rented it), I think one of the Kongs resembled Tooty... a bit...

Old 22nd March 2009, 07:50 PM
Mingy Jonjo

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameMasterGuy View Post
Yes, minus the characters that I cannot exactly remember the names of, I think so. Oh, and on a completed save file (I only rented it), I think one of the Kongs resembled Tooty... a bit...
That's Tiny Kong.

This might refresh your gameplay memory:

Golden Bananas open worlds.
Bananas open the doors to bosses.
Boss Keys open the cage to the gigantic K. Lumsy
Blueprints are earned by defeating a specific enemy and equal 1 Golden Banana
Banana Fairies give you extras and cheats, along with upgrades and a 201st Golden Banana
Banana Medals are earned when you get 75/100 Bananas in a world for a Kong, and 15 of them are needed to get another collectible
Battle Crowns are earned by beating an endurance minigame battle, and you need 4 of them to beat the game
Nintendo and Rareware Coins are earned by beating set requirements on DK Arcade and Jetpac, and you need them to beat the game

Old 3rd April 2009, 06:16 PM
Glowbo

Took me a while to decide but after pondering it a bit I came to the conclusion that Fungi Forest is hands down the best level. Not only bc it was originally suppose to be in BK but like many others have said, it fits the game to a T. Its large, actually resembles a forest, and was one of the more challenging levels. Not to mention the day/night feature, which is the cherry on top. It almost gave me the same feeling that Click Clock Wood use to give me and making it the only level that ever came close. Sorry guys had to say that. I would never had played this game if it werent for BK anyway. I must mention that Creepy Castle comes in a close second followed by Crystal Caves and Jungle Japes.

Tags
dk64, donkey kong 64, nintendo, nintendo 64, tiny kong ftw

User Tag List