Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 6th April 2008, 01:30 AM
Bunnycomb

A super n00b question

Were the sandcastlecodes/Eggs and Ice Key originally going to be secret cheats, or part of the game? Sorry if this is a bad question .

Old 6th April 2008, 01:36 AM
Jinjo

Total Awards: 1
Random Award 
If I remember, hacker's discovered the codes and they weren't originally supposed to be put out to the public. Basically they weren't supposed to be known but hacker's found it in the game and spread the word.

Old 6th April 2008, 02:13 AM
Alumni Staff

Awesome Default Medal 
The truth is we really don't know. One theory is that the codes are just a quick way to get to them and that the "proper" way still hasn't been discovered. The other theory suggests that the codes would have been revealed in Banjo Tooie, by a character, and you would then have had to enter them into BK to open the areas.
One thing we do know though is that Rareware did NOT intend us to find the Sandcastle codes - Ice Mario and SubDrag found them and Rareware made absolutely no acknowledgment of that discover for a very long time...

Old 7th April 2008, 12:57 AM
Bunnycomb

hey, if characters were suppose to give the code to you in BT, then could blackeye have given you the sharkfood island one? maybe one of his ramblings would have given away the code (undertheseaitrises or whatever it was...)

after all, there is that picture(pink egg), what if there were planned to be more pictures, all with a character standing near them to tell you the code...

Old 9th April 2008, 07:40 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some wierdGuy
after all, there is that picture(pink egg), what if there were planned to be more pictures, all with a character standing near them to tell you the code...
Actually, I was thinking something similar. Instead of the "give code method" it would show a cut-scene with the area in the picture opened up.

Like hatrick said, we don't know if something was supposed to give you a code, or if BT placed flags in memory that BK would read. I could tell you that the sandcastle code's do trigger the SNS flags to be set into memory by BK.

What's weird is, if it was just for testing purposes..wouldn't there be a code to have each egg collected? There's only a code for each area though.

Old 10th April 2008, 12:57 AM
Bunnycomb

maybe they wanted to test if the areas opened properly?

Old 10th April 2008, 04:27 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
I know that, but what about a quick way to collect the egg's so they could check if the flags were being stored properly in memory?

Old 23rd April 2008, 12:33 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
i reckon that the sandcastle was like a 'debug' menu that Rare used to check if everything worked properly. i doubt that it might have been used to unlock SnS-they probally forgot to omit it before releaseing BK

Old 23rd April 2008, 12:52 PM
Formerly Avarice

Total Awards: 16
Mystery Three Mystery Two Mystery One INFECTED - B2K1 Bashful 
They probably asumed that something that long wouldn't be accidently discovered by chance.

Well, they were right about that.

Old 24th April 2008, 08:13 AM
Bunnycomb

or they left it in because they aren't completely heartless...

they throw us dogs a bone once in a while... even if its a very well hidden bone