Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 13th September 2008, 09:16 PM
Dingpot

The original documents and concepts

I was thinking about all the hacking, beta levels, and crazy theorys on this site about Stop 'n' Swop. People have hacked Banjo-Kazooie to shreds trying to find out about Stop 'n' Swop, looked for beta levels, and came up with various theorys about it.

I realized something, since all the hacking has occured, why not look for documents or papers retaining any information about stop n swop? If someone could find these documents that might have been made during the game's creation they might find out all the info about stop n swop, the original layout of Grunty's lair, original concept arts, scrapped ideas that never made it in, everything we already know, anything really. We could find a plathora of new information or nothing, who knows.

This isn't a theory, just an idea. I wasn't really sure where to post this so I posted it here. I did a search on the Theorys section to see if there was another topic like this, I couldn't find any so I made this thread.

Discuss.

Old 13th September 2008, 09:17 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
True we should find them and who ever finds first get a cookie. I'll start the hunt.

Old 13th September 2008, 09:22 PM
Glowbo

Well, much about the SnS have been explained through the Patent filled by rare.

Im not sure what do you mean by documents, but you might be just right about finding new info if someone could find these documents you talk of ^^

Old 13th September 2008, 10:15 PM
Jinjo

Concept art, art direction, storyboards, everything to do with the game has to be on paper...and locked away deep in the Rare vault. You're not just going to find that floating around on the internet.

Old 13th September 2008, 10:18 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
Are you suggesting someone break into Rare headquarters and STEAL documents out of their archives?

Old 13th September 2008, 10:48 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
Are you suggesting someone break into Rare headquarters and STEAL documents out of their archives?
*calls Solid Snake*

Old 13th September 2008, 10:57 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElusiveWookiee View Post
Concept art, art direction, storyboards, everything to do with the game has to be on paper...and locked away deep in the Rare vault. You're not just going to find that floating around on the internet.
Pease be realistic. how can any of us possibly get our hands in those documents?. If it would be any easy, it would have been done a long time ago.

Old 14th September 2008, 12:31 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
The patent explains everything you need to know. In terms of how stop n swop worked.

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/6820265.html

Old 14th September 2008, 05:18 AM
Dingpot

How Stop n Swop worked aside (even though thats hard to say because alot of these ideas could/may be involved with stop n swop), think of all the other stuff like possible other levels like Fungi Forest, the original BK version of the fire world (although it was stated that the lava side of Mount Fire Eyes is essentally the fire wolrd), the BK version of Witchy World, the BK version of Glitter Gulch Mines, original Gruntildas layer lay out, an organic clanker, RSA, Tooty's part in the game with Banjo being a frog, the giants lair, and any other possible things being answered by those concepts and documents about the game.

Now I have no idea how we (the community) would get ahold of these documents and concepts if they're locked in this "Rare Vault" but i'm sure they exist and there just has to be a way.

Maybe a rare employee could help us out? That last statement might be a bit far fetched but just maybe.

Old 14th September 2008, 05:22 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
just a question- does anyone know WHY they lock the concepts and stuff away from the public? I dunno if it's legal stuff or anything, but it sounds a bit absurd that they'd keep something so secretive... but that's just me.

Old 14th September 2008, 08:40 AM
Glowbo

Fungi forest became a world of DK64.

The lava world is indeed The lava side of Hailfire peaks. Remember Gobi saying in BK ''Im going to the lava world now''?. Well we have Gobi in the lava world in BT which is The lava side of Hailfire peaks.

Old 14th September 2008, 10:31 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Kpianist View Post
just a question- does anyone know WHY they lock the concepts and stuff away from the public? I dunno if it's legal stuff or anything, but it sounds a bit absurd that they'd keep something so secretive... but that's just me.
maybe they find it funny that we're still looking for it

Old 14th September 2008, 01:27 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
I think with all the work it would take to get this kind of information (or tangible documents....), it would be just as easy to spend our time working our ass off making a ton of money, and paying Rare to tell us...

Trust me (and about half of the people who've posted in here already), we have done, and are doing, the most we can/could to find out all about this topic. There isn't much left that we will find out without hearing a complete and detail filled story from Rare themselves...we've found just about everything.......If anything, the best we're going to get is some 'closure' from Nuts and Bolts (if we even get THAT! lol)

Old 14th September 2008, 04:58 PM
Grunty's Reject

Basic Forum Rules 
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Kpianist View Post
Most likely, everyone on the Banjo team agree to an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) Such agreement typically states that information regarding any part of the game cannot be made public without consent from the company, unless that info is considered public knowledge. (Public knowledge as determined by the company) NDA's can last well after the games release, like 10 years, some might never expire, unless the company chooses to expire it.

Old 15th September 2008, 10:10 AM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
Pease be realistic. how can any of us possibly get our hands in those documents?. If it would be any easy, it would have been done a long time ago.
No ****, that's my point. That's why the concept of the tread is flawed. I was pointing out that you're not going to find that stuff floating around, not that anybody should raid Rare.