Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 16th September 2008, 06:51 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
The one-holed promo jiggy..

Hello, I'm new here and basically made an account to share a small but interesting tidbit I found (I hope I am the first):

On the front of the Banjo Kazooie promotional VHS tape that was available at toysrus for free-and with a Nintendo Power magazine, or so I've heard-was a picture of Banjo and Kazooie pointing at a jiggy that is half covered with words. If you look at the Jiggy's tilted bottom, you'll notice one of the two holes that are on regular jiggies is missing. This is odd, not only because it's different than all the others, but because the VHS's Mumbo beanie pre-order bonus offer insert has a picture of a completely normal jiggy on it. Maybe this is because the art they chose for the cover was older, and more.."beta-ish" than the advertisement for the pre-order bonus, but I still find it interesting. Here's a small picture of the cover (sorry, It's the only one I could find):

http://s10013.chiyo.enro.at/content/...promo_tape.png

Old 16th September 2008, 08:08 AM
Dingpot

Like the X06 teaser trailer's jiggy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NV77maAAG0

Old 16th September 2008, 10:31 AM
Grunty's Reject

Everybody got it in their mail, There is some best stuff but not worth much.
I have it on youtube, and many other's has too.

Old 16th September 2008, 04:25 PM
Grunty's Reject

Basic Forum Rules 
It's a slip up by the promo artist. Odds are he was just given concepts on the characters only and told what else there should be. Probably never playing the game theirself they probably had no idea that the jiggy had 2 holds. That, or it's an oversight.

Old 16th September 2008, 06:03 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Yeah I think so too. I still thought it was interesting, though. And Manga02, you're right-except that jiggy as various things wrong with it (I wonder if Nuts & Bolts will just have random jigsaw pieces that actually vary in shapes, like a real jigsaw puzzle's? I hope not, I kind of like the basic idea of them just being more of a symbol for what you want to get and it was more of a magic puzzle piece).

Tags
banjo kazooie promo