Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 14th August 2005, 09:33 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxzxi
Who said it hurts?
They may have taken out SNS, but that doesn't mean they took out the items. I think.
Most people say SnS involved a connection with Banjo-Tooie, one that Nintendo denied because of various reasons. As the idea goes, Rare didn't expect Nintendo to say 'no', and they had already made half of SnS in Banjo Kazooie. So, rather than just erase all of their work, they left it behind. They obviously didn't think anyone would find the eggs and key they left behind. So, the items are there... but there's a very high chance that they are entirely useless.

Now, I just can't remember if that was a theory or if it was proven.

Old 14th August 2005, 09:33 PM
Dingpot

:Wallbang: SARCASM! IT WAS SARCASM!

EDIT: To xxzivx or whatever.

Old 14th August 2005, 09:36 PM
Jinjo

What was sarcasm?
You guys still haven't given me a reason for why there isn't any way to get the eggs.

Old 14th August 2005, 09:37 PM
Dingpot

We Have Got The Eggs!

Old 14th August 2005, 09:37 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxzxi
What was sarcasm?
You guys still haven't given me a reason for why there isn't any way to get the eggs.
I just did. The idea was scrapped. Rare couldn't do it, because Nintendo didn't let them.

Old 14th August 2005, 09:39 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBreegull
I just did. The idea was scrapped. Rare couldn't do it, because Nintendo didn't let them.
It was a Hardware problem, where hot swopping would actually damage the console or the cartridges. It was possible on older N64s if you were very quick tough, I beleive.

DON'T TRY IT!

Old 14th August 2005, 09:44 PM
Jinjo

I think I'm starting to get it now.

Old 14th August 2005, 09:48 PM
Glowbo

I just got an idea from all this catridge swapping/stacking. If Rare is working on a Banjo Kazooie port (unlikly though, since everyone wants Goldeneye, and IIRC it's official that a port is coming)for the DS, then they could easily find a way to have information from BK to go to BT. Right off the bat, though, I don't have any ideas besides having two seperate DSs each with BK and BT respectivly, and then transmitting data between themm. That, and hte rumored Revolution connectivity. One could have BK on the DS and BT on the Rev, and then link them that way
----------------------
SMRPGLE So close...

Old 14th August 2005, 09:57 PM
Glowbo

Cmon guys theres no need to fight over this -_- Anyway I think that there was no hot swapping. Banjo Tootie was supposed to be a 64dd game and thats how data was moved between the games. They did something like this with the existing 64dd game F-zero X expansion. Anyway rare had to dump the idea cause the dd bombed. I have a 64DD and played through BK all the way through on my DD and nothing was diffrent, I was hopeing at some point when I got a key or something the access light on my DD would flash letting me know it was trying to access the DD. But no such luck -_-

Old 14th August 2005, 10:13 PM
Glowbo

@micjohvan: think about it man.. "Stop and swap". As in stop playing, and swop cartridges. BK would store some type of special data in RAM which is then accessed (before it dies) in Tooie.

Old 14th August 2005, 10:21 PM
Glowbo

Yes, thats one way to interpertte the title but there are many other things that it could mean. Im not saying im right but since it was supposed to be a DD game....

Also unless the game is a expansion you CANNOT have a cart in the 64 and a disk in the drive. It wont work. So you STOP insert Tootie in the DD then remove BK and it boots the disk. And since Tootie is another game and not a expansion thats how it would have worked.

Old 14th August 2005, 10:44 PM
Glowbo

They could of used the expansion pack... the 4MB of storage it had didn't have to be used for graphics :/ But I don't know how long the data could be stored before it goes *poof*.
----------------------
SMRPGLE So close...

Old 15th August 2005, 03:23 PM
Bunnycomb

I am still forced to believe the sandcastle codes are the legit way no matter what anybody says. People argue they are for debug purposes, however, there are plenty of cheats in the game that were intended to be used, and are used. So just because some debug codes were found, it doesn't make the SNS ones debug.

If there was another way, I think the birds that pop out of the walls around Click Clock Wood would have to be defeated in a certain order, through the seasons in the correct order, and finally in winter the yellow egg would be revealed. Or something obscure like running around a certain area 5 times. It' s been known rare do things like this, I think in DKC2, theres a pattern of movements that unlocks all of the coins or something in the game. Anyway...

I believe that, in BT, characters would reveal or somehow, the sandcastle codes for the items would be discovered, and then you'd go back to BK, type them in, see the small cut scene of the area, no matter how antclimatic they may see, as none of the bK clips are special anyway. Then, you'd swap, however that was intended.

It's possible the ice key chamber "door" is in 2 halves ty create a more layered, cracked ice effect, however, it is this point alone, that has me thinking, that just maybe there are some hidden clips in BK, or they'd be imported over to BK during the SNS progress and allow more spectacular clips of the secret areas being revealed.

Last edited by Benjo Koolzooie; 15th August 2005 at 03:31 PM.

Old 15th August 2005, 03:30 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
If there was another way, I think the birds that pop out of the walls around Click Clock Wood would have to be defeated in a certain order, through the seasons in the correct order, and finally in winter the yellow egg would be revealed.
Rare's not THAT nice. They would make it harder.

Old 15th August 2005, 03:34 PM
Brash Breegull

I think that the only real legit way left to get the eggs is by the sandcastle codes. I think that the original version of Banjo-Tooie, before Stop 'N Swap was scrapped, was probably supposed to have something you would do to activate the secrets in BK. Once you did that BT would show you a cutscene of for example the Ice key wall breaking or Sharkfood island raising, and then have you swap to BK and it would activate the secret you opened. However, since the current version of BT has had SnS removed entirely, there is most likely no other way to get the secrets other than the cheats, though I would love to be proven wrong.