Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 29th December 2008, 03:24 AM
Glowbo

Exclamation Bingo.

Using the walk through walls cheat, I found something very interesting.

Alas, it seems to happen by chance, or I can't get it in the right spot. What indeed what I was searching for ending up being true, however it is somewhat weird given the position. If anyone wants to help me find it again go ahead. This is a great discovery.

With the walk through walls code (on Project64), I have found a transition to the Advent Theme. Yes, and it's ironically in one spot: The CCW podium room.

What's weird about it is, the Advent Theme is considered the Level theme...so what the heck is it doing in a theorized level placement room? The only thing I can come up with is that when FF was in the game it was so beta that Rare didn't even put entrance themes in Grunty's Lair. They probably used the main themes as placeholders until they coded Grunty's lair entrance themes.

We found Advent in the game's code, but now we've found it used somewhere, as beta as it is.

Go ahead and try it yourself. I've gotten it to work once and unfortunately after going to the same spot for about 20 minutes to see if it worked more than once, it hadn't. It could very well be possible that there's only one polygon that triggers it, and immediately it's gone. I immediately recognized the first second of it (if there was even) to conclude it was the Advent Theme.

*sigh*

I am afraid to probably get your hopes up, as I've honestly been trying to trigger this again. I can't for the life of me figure out how the hell I did it or why I can't do it again. Please don't label me a liar, this is something small and it's not something to get worked over if we can't trigger it again. Hopefully someone besides me will though. But first things first, I have to figure out how to do it again.

(In case you're wondering, I was hovering in the left corner somewhere near the ceiling, but it was as I was falling so I have no idea where I triggered it or the exact position)

Old 29th December 2008, 04:05 AM
Jinjo

well i don't hack but that's interesting. while you try to get it again try getting it on video. good luck.

Old 29th December 2008, 05:42 AM
Grunty's Reject

It has nothing to do with sns.
You Can have music settings for any track in the game and you hear it differently.

Old 29th December 2008, 07:18 AM
Glowbo

The Advent Theme IS the Fungus Forest tune. It was used in Fungi Forest in DK64 which was the same level (Fungus Forest).

Old 29th December 2008, 11:03 AM
Bajr

Total Awards: 4
You're Appreciated! RWP Donator RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
This is awesome!!! I'll have to try this later. I hope your right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by empires228 View Post
Im not calling you a liar but I see one thign wrong with your theroy. Im pretty sure Rare confermed somewere that the Advent theme was the song for the map in the origional project dream. That and alot of people are pretty sure the Fungus Forest tune also made it into DK64's Fungi Forest as you can hear part of it in a BK Beta E3 video.
Yes, it was in scribes that the composer said that was what it's for. But he said he wasn't sure, so this could be a posibility.

EDIT: I had no luck But, my game gets glitchy whenever i get near to the top of the tree on the left corner. However i was levitating on the black space below the level for a while in different spots, nothing seemed to work. Whenever i even get close to the ceiling just outside the level i find myself warping back to the beginning. Are you sure it's he left corner? Left corner as in left of the CCW portrait? I think i need a cheat to make the level outsides (the point where you warp) a different colour so i can see if i am too close.

Last edited by Deebs; 29th December 2008 at 12:09 PM.

Old 29th December 2008, 02:46 PM
Glowbo

Left corner of the room. It was interesting enough because there's an area a little outside the wall that slants, as if there was a wall there. Perhaps a sloped trunk? I might be thinking too much about that one.

Still no luck. Usually I'd do something twice before posting about it but I'm very disappointed I can't get this to work again. I'll keep trying guys.

Old 29th December 2008, 02:48 PM
Bajr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos447 View Post
Left corner of the room. It was interesting enough because there's an area a little outside the wall that slants, as if there was a wall there. Perhaps a sloped trunk? I might be thinking too much about that one.

Still no luck. Usually I'd do something twice before posting about it but I'm very disappointed I can't get this to work again. I'll keep trying guys.
As in, left of the CCW portrait?

Old 29th December 2008, 03:52 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos447 View Post
The Advent Theme IS the Fungus Forest tune. It was used in Fungi Forest in DK64 which was the same level (Fungus Forest).
The advent theme is the project dream map theme.
Fungus forest tune would be different.
However advent theme has nothing to do with the level fungi forest but it does have a little in common with the fungi forest lobby.

Old 29th December 2008, 04:00 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
Advent wasn't a world theme, it was a map theme. Like the pause screen. Like the map theme in Pikmin and Zelda. MAP THEME> NOT WORLD THEME

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 29th December 2008, 04:02 PM
Bajr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyme123 View Post
Advent wasn't a world theme, it was a map theme. Like the pause screen. Like the map theme in Pikmin and Zelda. MAP THEME> NOT WORLD THEME
Regardless, if he is telling the truth, this contradicts that, doesn't it.

Old 29th December 2008, 05:58 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
So, what Grant Kirkhope himself said about the track is a lie?

So with your logic, SNS can still exist and is functionable, because Rare said it doesn't and isn't

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 29th December 2008, 06:15 PM
Bajr

-.-

You realise what you said was stupid, right?

I never said he lied.

And thats your logic. Because you said it.

Old 29th December 2008, 06:41 PM
"Owned"

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
cool, but i dont hack.

Old 29th December 2008, 07:31 PM
Most Improved Member ('08 - '09)

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Grant Kirkhope himself is a lie.

Still, you'd better get it working and post it on YouTube before people will start to think you're overreacting / lying ( People like me )

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessie-higgen View Post
cool, but i dont hack.
So? I can't cook. Stay on-topic.

PS: I forgot my daily dose of CwC, See ya!

Old 29th December 2008, 08:22 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy View Post
Grant Kirkhope himself is a lie.

Still, you'd better get it working and post it on YouTube before people will start to think you're overreacting / lying ( People like me )

So? I can't cook. Stay on-topic.

PS: I forgot my daily dose of CwC, See ya!
I agree. On a place like this it shouldn't of been posted without evidence.

Lock this until I can get it to work again.