Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 7th May 2009, 08:40 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
The bricked up fireplace in Mad Monster Mansion?

Does anyone else find it odd that there is a bricked up fireplace in MMM that is in a room that really doesn't hold any other significance? The fireplace also leads up to the circular smokestack on top of the mansion which just happens to be the same size as the pumpkin.

You'll notice the smokestack's texture and the rain pipe's texture-which you are able to go down if you are the pumpkin-are the same texture, leading to the thought that the smokestack holds no significance besides being a decoration and as a podium for the green Jinjo to stand on and it used the rain pipe's texture, but you'll notice it's actually the opposite and the rain pipe's texturing doesn't match up, whereas the smokestack's does.

Maybe RARE originally planned for the Pumpkin to go behind the bricked up fireplace to get the Jiggy instead of down the rain pipe, possibly with more to do (the rain pipe seemed as if it was more implemented to keep the same idea in, without so much execution) or you could go through the mansion's ventilation system (which I completely don't believe, but hey, it's an interesting thought).

Old 7th May 2009, 05:08 PM
Clanker

ZOMG TEH SNS!!11!!! ... anyways ya that is what i thought in fact i even cheated to go up there with the pumpkin seeing if it had anything usefull... reason why i did this is... i thought you had to go there first time i played XD

Old 7th May 2009, 09:18 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saria9 View Post
ZOMG TEH SNS!!11!!! ... anyways ya that is what i thought in fact i even cheated to go up there with the pumpkin seeing if it had anything usefull... reason why i did this is... i thought you had to go there first time i played XD
Me too

Old 8th May 2009, 03:36 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo-Korenzooie
Does anyone else find it odd that there is a bricked up fireplace in MMM that is in a room that really doesn't hold any other significance?
Uh, that's the back of the fireplace from the dining room...

Last edited by runehero123; 8th May 2009 at 03:40 AM.

Old 8th May 2009, 03:44 AM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
No, he means one through a window near the main door. I noticed that a while ago, but I have no idea of its purpose.

Old 8th May 2009, 03:56 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
No, he means one through a window near the main door. I noticed that a while ago, but I have no idea of its purpose.
Oh, that's odd then...I've always remembered that room as being located behind the dining room area. Maybe that's where it was suppose to be originally?

Old 8th May 2009, 05:48 AM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by runehero123 View Post
Oh, that's odd then...I've always remembered that room as being located behind the dining room area. Maybe that's where it was suppose to be originally?
I doubt it, considering the fireplace looks, well, like a bricked up fireplace, not like the back of one, and there is a smokestack for it.

Old 22nd May 2009, 01:10 AM
Grunty's Reject

RWP Podcast 
Probably just an abandoned area.

Old 22nd May 2009, 01:11 AM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlala View Post
Probably just an abandoned area.