Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 20th May 2009, 09:48 PM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Witchyworld - Final Level of Banjo-Kazooie?

A handful of you may recall my Giant's Lair - Final Level thread from months back. However, I've examined the game closely, and have read another one of Banjo-Korezooie's theories, and I've been lead to believe that Witchyworld was meant to be the final level of the game. I'm thinking that may be more reasonable than the Giant's Lair.

Now then, some of you may not know that Witchyworld was meant to be a level in Banjo-Kazooie, but was scrapped and recycled in Banjo-Tooie. I have two reasons to back this theory up.

1. Grunty's Furnace Fun - Doesn't it look like it could fit very well into the horror section of Witchyworld? I think it bears close resemblence. I believe Grunty's Furnace Fun was more than likely fully-functional in the level, and was used as the 'final trial' so to speak, before the battle at the top of the tower. Thanks to Banjo-Korezooie for theorizing about this.

2. Gruntilda's Ranting - Remember in the lair when Gruntilda would taunt the duo throughout their adventure? Eventually, she'll say something along the lines of, "I have this level, it's very hard." The rest of the rhyme escapes me. One may think this was just to make 'small-talk', however, what if at one time this so-called 'level' existed? What if it was Witchyworld?

Old 20th May 2009, 10:17 PM
Mecha-Grunty

RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
"My next world is the hardest yet, and you'll fail on that I'll bet! " - Grunty

That's the only quote that mentions a "world" in Grunty's Lair.

Now, to my knowledge, it was never confirmed that Witchyword was going to be in Banjo-Kazooie.

What was confirmed, however, was a "fairground" themed level. This could very well be Witchyworld, though whether or not it actually was is still up for debate.

And yes, I do agree that the setting in GFF is very similar to WW's horror section. The Grunty's Lair GFF music variation itself does fit a fairground theme.

It is certainly possible, though we can never be sure.

Old 20th May 2009, 10:26 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldar-Kazooie View Post
Now, to my knowledge, it was never confirmed that Witchyword was going to be in Banjo-Kazooie.

What was confirmed, however, was a "fairground" themed level. This could very well be Witchyworld, though whether or not it actually was is still up for debate.

It actually was confirmed by Gregg Mayles in the April 2006 issue of Retro Gamer that Witchyworld and Glitter Gulch Mine were planned for B-K, but then were scrapped for time and re-made for Tooie. Obviously the version of WW in Banjo-Kazooie would've looked different from the one in Tooie, but it is quite possible that GFF could have been part of it.

Old 20th May 2009, 10:27 PM
Jinjo

wow, this is very interesting. i never knew that witchyworld (one of my favorite levels, as my sig shows ) was meant to be in B-K, but i can definitely see where you're going with your theory. i don't see why GFF couldn't have originally been in the Inferno section of the park.

btw, this is off-topic, but i have to wonder how witchyworld was "reopened for 2008" with "new rides" (wonder what those are too). [i'm referencing the billboard ship from ToT in case anyone didn't know]

Eekumbokum

Old 20th May 2009, 10:30 PM
Jolly Rodger

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Magic View Post
btw, this is off-topic, but i have to wonder how witchyworld was "reopened for 2008" with "new rides" (wonder what those are too). [i'm referencing the billboard ship from ToT in case anyone didn't know]

Eekumbokum
The sign says "New Rides for 2009!!" and "Flume of Doom Re-opened!!", although neither of these statements are true in B-T XBLA. I can only assume that it was a "joke".

Old 20th May 2009, 11:16 PM
Mecha-Grunty

RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain Horward View Post
It actually was confirmed by Gregg Mayles in the April 2006 issue of Retro Gamer that Witchyworld and Glitter Gulch Mine were planned for B-K, but then were scrapped for time and re-made for Tooie. Obviously the version of WW in Banjo-Kazooie would've looked different from the one in Tooie, but it is quite possible that GFF could have been part of it.
Strange, I don't recall Witchyworld being confirmed, however I do remember GGM being confirmed.

How the mind works sometimes!

Oh well, I trust your sources.

Old 21st May 2009, 11:04 AM
Bunnycomb

INFECTED - B1K1 
[QUOTE=Weldar-Kazooie;596634]"My next world is the hardest yet, and you'll fail on that I'll bet! " - Grunty

She says that once you beat Mumbo's Mountain, or unlock Treasure Trove Cove i can't remember which.

BUT. Point is. You're second point doesn't work.
But I really like this theory. I honestly think your right bud!

Old 21st May 2009, 11:37 AM
Jinjo

The actual level wasn't in the game, it was the concept of it that was reused. Just like weird west in NaB. It was never programed, but it might be used in another game

Old 21st May 2009, 11:38 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 7
INFECTED - B1K1 Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Hhhhmmm... could be possible

If it was though, i reckon it would've been entirely different to what witchyworld became. It would've probably been more linear and would've had a more "abandoned" feel to it than witchyworld had (like the theme park had failed and she is now using it as a special "base"

Old 21st May 2009, 12:03 PM
Jinjo

That would where the area 51 place would come in! Though, nothing in BK felt technological. That was more Blobby and Mingy's area...

Old 21st May 2009, 01:51 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna360 View Post

She says that once you beat Mumbo's Mountain, or unlock Treasure Trove Cove i can't remember which.
Grunty said this when I had unlocked MMM, so maybe it's just random when you hear it.

Old 21st May 2009, 03:49 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
The sign says "New Rides for 2009!!" and "Flume of Doom Re-opened!!", although neither of these statements are true in B-T XBLA. I can only assume that it was a "joke".
Or DLC!!! OMG!!1!11!!1eleven That was a joke BTW if you couldn't tell

Old 21st May 2009, 09:13 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
I believe it said 08 but I couldn't be wrong I have a picture that I'll upload later to prove it.

It said the flume of doom was reopened for the 2008 season. That would be that year, but Tooie mentions Nuts and Bolts in the Stop'n'swop, but Flume of Doom isn't open, therefore leaving the timeline in a jumble by Rare causeing a time paradox with teh stop'n'swop.

Old 21st May 2009, 10:04 PM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breegullbeak View Post
It said the flume of doom was reopened for the 2008 season. That would be that year, but Tooie mentions Nuts and Bolts in the Stop'n'swop, but Flume of Doom isn't open, therefore leaving the timeline in a jumble by Rare causeing a time paradox with teh stop'n'swop.
The sign stated a re-opening occuring in 2008, which only makes sense considering the game was released in November of that year. Also, some of us are forgetting that Rareware is nortorious for leaving behind paradoxes and confusion in all of their games. The timeline issue with Banjo-Tooie XBLA and Nuts & Bolts is their latest example. It's what makes their games unique, special, and lovable.

Old 21st May 2009, 11:09 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
i dont see the time paradox at all.
nuts and bolts comes eight years after tooie, regardless of the fourth wall breaking humor.