Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 7th August 2006, 11:03 AM
Glowbo

I believe in Stop 'N' Swop!

I want to help find it, but I'm not sure what I can do. I'm not a very profiecient hacker, but I do have a Gameshark so I could use it to explore areas not meant to be seen.

But, since I'm new, let me give my own personal take on SnS and you guys can tell me what's fact, what's rumor, and what's just false.

Stop 'N' Swop was created by Rare as a means of "linking" together Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie by means of unlocking special items in BK that could be used in BT. The items included are four eggs and an ice key. However, Rare knew that BT wouldn't be done for a long time and they didn't want hackers to spoil the fun, so they created two "bad eggs" that would ruin the whole thing if they were collected. They only way that we were supposed to know which passwords to use in the Sandcastle House in TTC were by means of Blackeye The Pirate telling us in BT after we performed certain events.

However, certain changes were made to the N64 hardware that made it difficult if not impossible to make the connection between BK and BT, and so Rare eventually trashed the project in favor of an entirely unexciting way of collecting a couple eggs and the ice key in BT instead of BK.

Now what's left is a half-complete design somewhere in the bowels of BK and that's what everyone is searching for. Finding the mythical "SnS Room" is the reward for finding the mythical "SnS Room": There is no significant reason for looking -- it was removed from BT -- other than simply wanting to find it.

So supposedly our job is to find out which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to collect, and maybe in some particular order (although I doubt it), collect the ice key and something related to SnS should happen.

What I don't understand, though, is why on Earth Rare is still dropping hints about SnS, even after the project was terminated. In Grabbed By The Ghoulies, there is a white board that tells us that four eggs and an ice key will unlock a secret area for us. Why would Rare say that even after SnS is supposedly done with unless the general public hasn't figured out what they're hiding yet? What's more intriguing is that if there IS a secret area, or even a whole new level with new jiggies and goals, why haven't hackers found it yet? I find it hard to believe that we could miss a whole level like that, but still Rare said it, and, more importantly, they said it post-Banjo-Tooie.

I'm taking the whiteboard as a challenge from Rare, but I don't know where to begin. Can someone help get me started so that maybe I can be of some help?

Old 7th August 2006, 12:05 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alek
What's more intriguing is that if there IS a secret area, or even a whole new level with new jiggies and goals, why haven't hackers found it yet?
Because there is no such thing?

I believe the blackboard in GbtG was just a joke about the SnS supporters.
But that's just me.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. You seem like a smart member.

Old 7th August 2006, 12:10 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alek
What I don't understand, though, is why on Earth Rare is still dropping hints about SnS, even after the project was terminated. In Grabbed By The Ghoulies, there is a white board that tells us that four eggs and an ice key will unlock a secret area for us. Why would Rare say that even after SnS is supposedly done with unless the general public hasn't figured out what they're hiding yet?
Because they like to rub it in our faces as a joke.

Quote:
What's more intriguing is that if there IS a secret area, or even a whole new level with new jiggies and goals, why haven't hackers found it yet? I find it hard to believe that we could miss a whole level like that, but still Rare said it, and, more importantly, they said it post-Banjo-Tooie.
Possible theroies:
1) The level could have a different offset and can't be found normally on the normal level offsets.
2) There is no secret level
3) The level might of been in Banjo Twooie but was removed or placed as a normal level

Quote:
I'm taking the whiteboard as a challenge from Rare, but I don't know where to begin. Can someone help get me started so that maybe I can be of some help?
Maybe we already found what Rare wanted us to find, the items and nothing more...

Old 7th August 2006, 12:16 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangar
1) The level could have a different offset and can't be found normally on the normal level offsets.
But Ice would have find objects or text for that hidden level anyway.
Unless this supposed hidden level recycles objects from other levels.

The only Beta text found so far are the Glowbo's Cavern and the RSA.

Old 7th August 2006, 12:20 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaorBR
But Ice would have find objects or text for that hidden level anyway.
Unless this supposed hidden level recycles objects from other levels.

The only Beta text found so far are the Glowbo's Cavern and the RSA.
Ahh ok, fair enough. And i would expect a hidden level to use recyled parts from other levels, their not going to spend too much time on a super hidden level.

But if no text was found either, then yeah, i'm pretty sure there's no secret level.

Old 7th August 2006, 12:37 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Skeptical attitude ftw.

Old 7th August 2006, 12:42 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Skeptical attitude ftw.
Thats the only way to discuss a topic like SNS, otherwise your going to get into a flame war, which is just as good as winning the special olympics - Even if you win your still a retard.

You can't really say SNS doesn't exist, yet you can't say it doesn't. Although loads of information pushes people to say it doesn't exist (like myself), someday someone with a crapload of time might reprogram some opcodes or something to make SNS serve some purpose.

Old 7th August 2006, 03:12 PM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Just because they haven't found it doesn't mean it isn't there. Take the Challenge 16 text for instance. That was just found last month!

Old 7th August 2006, 03:18 PM
Brash Breegull

RWP Note Medal 
See, my stand is very similar to Alek's, but I don't believe there is any hidden level accessible in the game. I believe the "areas" Rare was talking about were such places as Sharkfood Island and Gobi's Door. And I believe that SNS will never be COMPLETELY understood or solved unless Rare themselves tell us what makes these rumors tick.

Rare threw in the whiteboard in Grabbed By The Ghoulies to simply frustrate devoted SNS searchers and Banjo Kazooie/Tooie players. This prank would obviously turn the whole BK/BT/SNS community awry, and thus would spark all new rumors about SNS.

OR, there can be a secret level by entering the code BARNEYISADINOSAURINMYIMAGINATION which triggers an invasion of mutated teletubbies onto our shores and a plague of pokemon.

Ah, anything can happen with the way the world is nowadays.

Old 7th August 2006, 04:38 PM
Glowbo

A normal level has limits, I mean, when we go too far, we're warped back to the entrance of the world...Maybe that "secret area" is far far away from these limits or far away in the sky, or underground...

In Freazy Peack, somebody said that there was a black square moving under the level...Maybe it's something about that...

A whole new level, I don't think so, but a level in another level (like 2 levels in two) can be true...

Old 7th August 2006, 04:55 PM
Dingpot

Location: NYC, on top of the Empire State Building with a grenade launcher.
you could use simple hacks and move your way up...or scavenge around either game and try to find clues...

Old 7th August 2006, 05:54 PM
Glowbo

What I need is a code that disable the "limits" (the thing that warp us back to the entrance of the world). Without that, we could go anywhere...

Otherwise...

Old 7th August 2006, 06:00 PM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian1
Just because they haven't found it doesn't mean it isn't there. Take the Challenge 16 text for instance. That was just found last month!
Actully it was RE-dicovered last month. Nobody really payed too much attention to it before. So Chilly pretty much brought it back to life and we might actully get to do the challenge this time...

Old 7th August 2006, 06:05 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 5
RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I believe that if you transpose a bigger world onto the world that you're trying to "disable the limits" from, it'll use the larger worlds' limits, so you can go farther.

And I think that's our biggest lead. Even if it is a glitch, we can still enjoy actually being able to take advantage of it somehow.

Old 7th August 2006, 08:13 PM
Clanker

Random Award 
Quote:
Anyway, welcome to the boards. You seem like a smart member.
That's what they said about me. He heh heh.