Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 15th April 2004, 08:12 PM
Jinjo

Yes, but why leave those things in the game if they had no intention for them? Well, you obviously will go through the game and wonder what the Ice Key and those two eggs were for...that is what they shouldve taken out if they were smart but they had people wondering about how to get them. You could also use the levitate cheat to get the ice key, but it would take a gameshark. Did they keep that stuff in the game because they thought that they could make this stop 'n swap work?

Old 15th April 2004, 08:54 PM
Jinjo

Quote:
Did they keep that stuff in the game because they thought that they could make this stop 'n swap work?
Possibly, but they DID have an intention for them. We saw it in BT, remember? The BK Carts. SnS might have been the plan at one point, but after they decided that it wouldn't work, they went with the BK Carts and hoped to God that no one would get too nosey with Gamesharks. We did, and that just sent them off on a whirlwind of fun keeping us hot of their trail which was, dissapointingly, that they planned something that didn't work, and failed at hiding it. Either way, we got Dragon Kazooie, etc and we should be happy. What more can we ask for?

Old 16th April 2004, 01:01 AM
Jinjo

No, those BK carts in Banjo-Tooie wasn't their original intention. They just made that in order to clear up what the eggs and key were used for. They thought they could get Stop 'N Swap to work between BK and BT.

Old 16th April 2004, 01:18 AM
Brash Breegull

It seems the time when Rare realized that the 64DD drive wasn't coming was after the B-K tepid seat and before B-T. But I still don't know why they couldn't have B-T to be a lock-on cartridge.

Old 16th April 2004, 07:18 PM
Jinjo

Yea because didnt Gameshark come out before Banjo-Tooie? Or the Stop 'N Swap items could have been swapped from the Gameshark, because thats what you used to get them anyway.

Old 17th April 2004, 02:27 AM
Glowbo

It cannot be, since for it they put the codes. They were not hoping that they would use the gameshark.

Old 17th April 2004, 03:36 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
but everyone likes to peer into the unknown and that's exactly what sub and ice did and we found a mystery because of it one that even matlock couldn't solve if he tried
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 19th April 2004, 02:37 AM
Glowbo

Oh, it should.

Old 19th April 2004, 08:36 PM
Glowbo

Well thats true

Old 20th April 2004, 12:13 AM
Glowbo

Here is what I think.

Rare most likely did want to make SnS a reallity. This is obvious in many many things. (that I shal not list) Rare had to sac the idea, but they left the eggs and ice key in the game because they didn't want to take it out. Rare likes to toy with their fans (or however u would describe what they do) and will not tell us about SnS.

I don't know why every1 thinks it is a mystery ether. We know what Rare ment to do. (even if they will not tell) Maybe we know everything we need to already. I am not one of those SnS nuts, but i will never rest untill Rare comes clean about SnS, even if there's not much more to say.

Old 21st April 2004, 02:06 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
As far as I am concerned, SNS is still in the games. There really isn't any proof that it isn't! And if you remember, Rare themselves stated that it is still in the game! FGN Online reported that not long after Banjo-Tooie had been released!

Old 21st April 2004, 02:22 AM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
The Rare Witch Project stated it is not. That takes precedence over some FGN Online report where the integrity is questionable.

Old 21st April 2004, 02:24 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Well, have you guys ever finished your search on Bottles' Revenge? Last I read, you found the text and images still in the game.

Old 22nd April 2004, 12:51 AM
Glowbo

I think that was all that they found. I think that the RWP are the best GS Hackers(that I know of, anyway), and if anything was there, they would have found it.

Old 22nd April 2004, 04:23 AM
Glowbo

Well, maybe these stuff is in the game, but if Rare passed 6 years without talking anything, it means that is only a remember of what Rare was going to do, then, it has no utility. Rare is saying the truth "the things are in the game" but these things have no use.