Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 18th November 2006, 02:24 PM
Bunnycomb

my first vid

it reflects around the chests in bt and bk and the linkage of treasur coves chest

its called "blackeye's mystery chest"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO97XLloWEU

Old 18th November 2006, 06:35 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
Cool vid.Good for a first too.Blackeye certainly has a lot of mysteries about him,doesn't he?

Old 18th November 2006, 06:42 PM
Brash Breegull

It's a good vid ... except that MMM is already confirmed NOT to be Blackeye's house by both the game manual and Loggo in B-T ("Grunty ripped me out of her mansion ..."). The pictures of him really mean nothing as to showing who owns the house - there are pictures of lots of characters around there who have no connection to the building: Mumbo, Grunty's broom, Dingpot, Brentilda ... the list goes on.

P_L for Registered User

Old 18th November 2006, 07:12 PM
Most Annoying Member

Lemme try to see if I can put your video in a post.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nO97XLloWEU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nO97XLloWEU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
I'll edit if this doesn't work.
Edit: It doesn't work.

Old 18th November 2006, 07:57 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_L
It's a good vid ... except that MMM is already confirmed NOT to be Blackeye's house by both the game manual and Loggo in B-T ("Grunty ripped me out of her mansion ..."). The pictures of him really mean nothing as to showing who owns the house - there are pictures of lots of characters around there who have no connection to the building: Mumbo, Grunty's broom, Dingpot, Brentilda ... the list goes on.
yes but "i" beleive he did live there for whatever reason

Old 18th November 2006, 09:18 PM
Grunty's Reject

good vid indeed

Old 19th November 2006, 03:02 PM
Jinjo

I have a theory but unlikely. There is a jumping pad in front of the first picture. Maybe you have to jump in front of him. Or maybe something about eggs because there is eggs in front of the other picture. You probably don't believe this theory but neither do i.

Old 19th November 2006, 03:58 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
It can't be palusible as the jump pad was for getting on the bed's top.

Old 20th November 2006, 03:29 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
The wood blocked keyhole on chest in bedroom in BK.
Maybe there is possible to unblocking keyhole?
If yes then maybe ice key will open chest?
Who knows.Maybe there is connection between chest(s) in BT and chest in BK?
My favorite rumour is that when we will throw ? egg in chest in BK then switch off N64 and insert BT then we will found ? egg in one of chests.
Strange is that in BT there are SMALL and BIG chests...

Last edited by BanjoPL; 20th November 2006 at 03:40 PM.

Old 20th November 2006, 04:46 PM
Clanker

Did you use fraps? I dont understand it. Can somone please help me on using it?

Old 20th November 2006, 06:08 PM
Bunnycomb

you open fraps and just leave it there (dont minimize it or close it) and then fullscreen banjo and when you want to record press f9.

then click back to fraps and across the top are 4 options to choose ,click on movies and then view.

but i must warn unless you have the registered version you can only record for 30 seconds ,it ain't a big problem just means double clicking f9 every 29 seconds but ,to prevent glitchyness double press f9 when ever you get good opotunities like whe you go thru doors and it goes black for about two seconds you should press it then because you wont be able see the glitchy'nes if the screens black even if your only 20 seconds in since you last pressed f9

Old 21st November 2006, 03:42 AM
Jinjo

Here's my opinion on all of this Blackeye stuff. Most of this has been said at one point or another, but whatever. And this is all assuming SnS had never been canned.

Captain Blackeye is searching for the Stop n Swop eggs. He already has three of them, and is looking for another. He has the Red Egg (in his cabin) and the Green and Cyan Eggs, both stashed in Mad Monster Mansion. Now, MMM is actually Grunty's house, but Blackeye has a guest room there. He hid the Cyan Egg in the cellar where Grunty wouldn't find it. After all, "Don't go and tell her about the secret in her cellar"! Grunty doesn't know about it. I'm not sure where the Green Egg was hidden, but that's not terribly important.

Anyway, Blackeye had his sights on the Pink Egg next. He already knows where it is hidden, as evidenced by the X on the map in RBB and the pictures in Jolly's. His ramblings about having a dream once and how a bear stole his glory refers to his dream of getting all the eggs, and Banjo took them. This can either mean the three he already found OR the Pink egg.

This part is pure speculation, but I believe the chest on the left in Jolly's was meant to warp you to Treasure Trove Cove. Why?

1) There are references to the level in the room.
2) The seagull trick further hints to this, and may even be a step toward opening the chest.
3) The chest looks almost exactly like the TCC entrance chest.

You open the chest either with the Ice Key or with some strange technique involving the seagulls.

The other chest might take you to Mad Monster Mansion through the chest in the bedroom. I don't really have any supporting arguments for this one - it's just a hunch.

The question now is how do you legitimately get the Ice Key in B-T (not the one from the B-K cartridge in Jinjo Village, as I consider that to be a last minute addition), and what is the purpose of warping to TTC and MMM? I suppose you could then get the eggs from those levels, but what about the other eggs? We may never know.

Old 21st November 2006, 04:01 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jish
Captain Blackeye is searching for the Stop n Swop eggs. He already has three of them, and is looking for another. He has the Red Egg (in his cabin) and the Green and Cyan Eggs, both stashed in Mad Monster Mansion. Now, MMM is actually Grunty's house, but Blackeye has a guest room there. He hid the Cyan Egg in the cellar where Grunty wouldn't find it. After all, "Don't go and tell her about the secret in her cellar"! Grunty doesn't know about it. I'm not sure where the Green Egg was hidden, but that's not terribly important.
We don't know that Blackeye has a guest room there - heck, he was nothing but an unnamed face in a framed texture on some walls until B-T. The pics in the mansion were likely just filler space as they needed someone ferocious-looking for the paintings and had intended to let Blackeye serve some purpose in B-T, but cancelled it for one reason or another. He most likely only gave you a Jiggy for getting him water.
Also, Blackeye isn't searching for anything as far as we know - he's just a drunken old seaman in the back of a pub run by a disturbing amphibian and his equally-frightening sidekick.

Quote:
Anyway, Blackeye had his sights on the Pink Egg next. He already knows where it is hidden, as evidenced by the X on the map in RBB and the pictures in Jolly's. His ramblings about having a dream once and how a bear stole his glory refers to his dream of getting all the eggs, and Banjo took them. This can either mean the three he already found OR the Pink egg.
He never went to RBB, he was never in any of B-K's worlds. Granted we don't have evidence that he wasn't, except for the general fact that 100% of the time, if there is never a reference to something happening in a game, it never happened in the game. It's just that simple - if something's never referred to, it doesn't exist. However, this excludes the stuff like what Blackeye did and the fact that the eggs and key had a purpose: The eggs and key were referenced in the ending to B-K, and you could get at least part of the way through Blackeye's original side-objective. If Blackeye didn't ever give you two doubloons and just went on rambling about his dream and how a bear stole his glory, it would be safe to assume he was just a comic prop adde din for fun, just like the drunkards in most RPGs.

Quote:
1) There are references to the level in the room.
This might have meant something, but there is really no way to ever know if it did without acquiring a beta of B-T.

Quote:
2) The seagull trick further hints to this, and may even be a step toward opening the chest.
The seagull trick was explained by myself ages ago as a glitch. The seagull noises are just oceanic ambience and can be heard if you wait around in the Jinjo's alcove or at the ocean edge of the turtle beach long enough.

Quote:
3) The chest looks almost exactly like the TCC entrance chest.
They just re-used textures there. Why make a whole new texture set for a treasure chest when you've got a perfectly nice one available to you that was in the last game?

Quote:
You open the chest either with the Ice Key or with some strange technique involving the seagulls.
The seagulls thing is completely ruled out by the fact that it is a glitch, and the ice key theory is unlikely since the chests were put there for scenery. How would that room feel without those chests? Kinda empty, no?

Quote:
The other chest might take you to Mad Monster Mansion through the chest in the bedroom. I don't really have any supporting arguments for this one - it's just a hunch.
I think the chest in MMM was just a clothing trunk. They have those in English homes, I think. (I never see 'em around here in the US, but I see them in movies based in Britain, so ...)

Long post, I know. But I felt that I had to point out those facts.

P_L for Registered User

Old 21st November 2006, 04:11 AM
Grunty's Reject

impossible?

Old 21st November 2006, 09:05 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Good theory Jish!
But here you are my speculation:

Captain Blackeye collected red egg.He hide this item in his cabin on his ship.Then he want collect pink egg.He included on TTC map X where Sharkfood Island is.When he searched for pink egg bear stole his glory-red egg.But captain didn't know about this so he continued his mission.Then he has trouble so he must went to Jolly's for help.When he dreaming he saw that bear stole his glory from his cabin.Some time later bear from his dream went to Jolly's and...

Last edited by BanjoPL; 21st November 2006 at 02:45 PM.