Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 3rd December 2006, 01:14 AM
Glowbo

Blocked off digger tunnels..

Although im fairly new to the rare witch project, most of the theories leave out one thing. The blocked off digger tunnels found on the Isle O Hags. now think about it, what was through the first digger path in the Jinjo Village? the grey jinjo house and the side of the red jinjo house. wouldnt there be some sign of grey jinjo graves or something? what if, and what if the grey jinjo's are still alive, and possibly the blocked off digger tunnel you find them in leads to Silo 8, 9, or possibly Ridiculously Secret Area 1.

Also, wouldnt grunty have reinhabited her old lair after she was released from the boulder? it wouldnt make sense for her to just abandon it for no real reason. Plus, when could she have ripped cheato's pages out? she would have had to go to her old lair anyways. maybe a cut-scene which could have taken place in Gruntilda's Lair (Tower Room) where grunty did something to create the boulders in the entrance.

Of course these theories could be easily dis-proven but seriously think about it.

Old 3rd December 2006, 01:21 AM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
There's also the mystery of the giant green monster.

Spoiler: (highlight to view)
There actually is, I wasn't being sarchastic.
He's at the end of that so called secret tunnel, watch out!

Old 3rd December 2006, 01:23 AM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
Meh, I remember once, when I had first in my life got to play that gaWooded me waaay back, I was in the wooded hallow, ok? Now you know the digger tunnel that actually goes into the wall a bit and reveals a jinjo? Well I guess I did something weirdy, but when I went to the opposite digger tunnel still in wooded hallow, it was like the same thing. It went back a way for me. When I went in, there was a minjo at the end, and after killing it I noticed that there was a small opening between the boulders, revealing like a kind of light that you see when going through an entry to a world or building or something. THis was a long time ago, and my friend that owned that cartridge has since moved away. I never got behind those boulders too...what a shame...

I'm not making this up either. I think there could be some stuff behind these tunnels. Heh, I remember when I first actually got to buy my own BT about a year ago after going forevers without playing it, then thinking "What the crap, since when was this blocked off?"

Old 3rd December 2006, 01:44 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
I've always thought that the "Ridiculously Secret Area 1" is a deliberately meaningless code implanted by Rare to sand hapless hackers on a wild goose chase. Why else would it have a name like that? I'm sure there aren't any top secret government documents labeled "really really secret information you're not supposed to know".

Old 3rd December 2006, 01:53 AM
Brash Breegull

I've investigated the blocked-off tunnels. By exploting a really weird GameShark glitch that causes the rocks to disappear that I don't feel like explaining in detail right now as it is really complicated and makes the game very unstable, I know that there's nothing but a solid wall behind them. I can get screenshots soon ...
Thos blocked-off tunnels always did intrigue me ... now I know what's behind them, though.

EDIT: Only got it to work in the Jinjo village tunnel, all the other ones were still blocked off. The game got too unstable and crashed anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bt_rocks1.JPG (38.9 KB, 248 views)

P_L for Registered User

Last edited by P_L; 3rd December 2006 at 02:03 AM.

Old 3rd December 2006, 02:07 AM
Best Rarely Active Member '11 - '12

Total Awards: 4
Game On RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanity
Although im fairly new to the rare witch project, most of the theories leave out one thing. The blocked off digger tunnels found on the Isle O Hags. now think about it, what was through the first digger path in the Jinjo Village? the grey jinjo house and the side of the red jinjo house. wouldnt there be some sign of grey jinjo graves or something? what if, and what if the grey jinjo's are still alive, and possibly the blocked off digger tunnel you find them in leads to Silo 8, 9, or possibly Ridiculously Secret Area 1.

Also, wouldnt grunty have reinhabited her old lair after she was released from the boulder? it wouldnt make sense for her to just abandon it for no real reason. Plus, when could she have ripped cheato's pages out? she would have had to go to her old lair anyways. maybe a cut-scene which could have taken place in Gruntilda's Lair (Tower Room) where grunty did something to create the boulders in the entrance.

Of course these theories could be easily dis-proven but seriously think about it.
Been past all of them, theres nothing, sorry, but good guess.

Old 3rd December 2006, 02:12 AM
Dingpot

Screw it. The above post says it all i guess.

Old 3rd December 2006, 02:58 AM
Most Annoying Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P_L
I've investigated the blocked-off tunnels. By exploting a really weird GameShark glitch that causes the rocks to disappear that I don't feel like explaining in detail right now as it is really complicated and makes the game very unstable, I know that there's nothing but a solid wall behind them. I can get screenshots soon ...
Thos blocked-off tunnels always did intrigue me ... now I know what's behind them, though.

EDIT: Only got it to work in the Jinjo village tunnel, all the other ones were still blocked off. The game got too unstable and crashed anyway.
Do you remember the gameshark code for that, P_L?
I feel like fooling around with it, even though it probably won't do anything.

Old 3rd December 2006, 03:01 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillyDark
Do you remember the gameshark code for that, P_L?
I feel like fooling around with it, even though it probably won't do anything.
This is gonna sound strange, but ... it's the audio modifier that actually does it.

8107A482 ????

The digits I used were 003E, the GGM theme. It erases/fuzzes up random textures and stretches some objects really far across the screen. It also slows the game down a bit, and like I said, it's more prone to crashing.

P_L for Registered User

Old 4th December 2006, 01:14 AM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
But maybe though...maybe there's a trigger. The wall is like a placeholder, when the trigger is activated, the rocks and the wall will go away revealing something...just maybe.

Old 4th December 2006, 01:28 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyes
But maybe though...maybe there's a trigger. The wall is like a placeholder, when the trigger is activated, the rocks and the wall will go away revealing something...just maybe.
I'm not sure how many times it has been said that every location, trigger-activated or otherwise, has been hacked into in B-T, B-K, DK64, and several other Rare N64 games ...

P_L for Registered User

Old 4th December 2006, 01:50 AM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosseyes
You can say ANYTHING in the game needs a trigger.

Old 5th December 2006, 01:33 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
....now that's weird. why put a wall behind those boulder, but not those in grunty's lair?

and no, i'm not suggesting anything about grunty's lair is accesable. just thought that was weird.

Old 5th December 2006, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey-achooie
....now that's weird. why put a wall behind those boulder, but not those in grunty's lair?

and no, i'm not suggesting anything about grunty's lair is accesable. just thought that was weird.
Because they felt like doing it.

Old 6th December 2006, 07:13 AM
Grunty's Reject

thats rare for ya