Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 6th December 2006, 07:14 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey-achooie
....now that's weird. why put a wall behind those boulder, but not those in grunty's lair?

and no, i'm not suggesting anything about grunty's lair is accesable. just thought that was weird.
I think that's because the boulders in Grunty's Lair doesn't completely cover the tunnels, therefore you can shoot fire eggs through it and see the lighting of it, and it gives a nice little effect that the tunnel goes somewhere. They put a solid wall behind the digger tunnels because the boulders completely covered the entire spot, so there was no point in putting a tunnel for any extra effect or something. Or at least, that's how I see it.

Or, you know, it could just be Rare being lazy. That works, too.

Old 8th December 2006, 09:58 PM
Jinjo

Im curious about the big green guy, hes as weakas a small one, so why put him there? for intimidation? or to make it loks liek hes holding the jinjo hostage? I doubt thats he important but I dont know why they put an oversized baddie there...

Old 10th December 2006, 08:13 AM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
I personally refuse to belive that everything has been hacked. If you haven't noticed, hackers are still finding surprising things in coding. The ridiculously secret area? Maybe it's there. Maybe it means something. Or it's an easter egg.

The best progress we've made in these many years is a code generator that tells us differences in the games code as we move along. Don't get me wrong, we can do much more things with this, but when you show me a stabalized, and readable Meta Editor program I'll start believing. If only we could somehow FTP like with xbox's. Just seeing all the files on the cart would give us an idea of just the areas that we've missed, and then we can hack them with meta editors, hex editors, and the like. You know, like the tools rare used to make the game. If we have computer programmers, they should be able to make such things.

Too bad it's a cartridge though, I doubt we'll ever get as far as being able to see the files on it. I don't think that's physically possible.

Old 10th December 2006, 11:03 AM
Glowbo

INFECTED - B1K1 
I must say, this is about twice as mysterious as any of the unaccessible doors in the game.

But wouldn't the digger coming from wherever Blobbelda and Brentilda 'cause some rocks to be jiggled around, thus covering their track?

Plus, Rare wouldn't put some massive elusive secret in something like this. Though to be fair, Bottles Revenge is about a half-second walk from where you start the game...

Old 11th December 2006, 12:20 AM
Glowbo

I think there's nothing behind the boulders that block the level entrances in Gruntilda's lair because the programers don't seem to care about what's behind them

Oh and if i'm not a familiar user here i just joined today

Last edited by Captain Jd; 11th December 2006 at 01:03 AM.

Old 12th December 2006, 01:32 AM
Grunty's Reject

this is sns.
look at my attachmunt.
1 sns iz kewlio
1. crack teh eggs
2. beet the game.
now u get sns.

Old 26th December 2006, 04:38 AM
Glowbo

Hmm. i think that some code or hacking can get you past the blocked off walls.

Old 29th December 2006, 07:19 AM
Glowbo

Might aswell look into jumping off the cliff from Jolly Roger's Bay to a seceret silo on the side of the cliff that leads you stop stop and swop.

Next Theory Please!

Gettin' Jiggy With It!

Old 29th December 2006, 08:43 PM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otacon
Im curious about the big green guy, hes as weakas a small one, so why put him there? for intimidation? or to make it loks liek hes holding the jinjo hostage? I doubt thats he important but I dont know why they put an oversized baddie there...
i actually don't think the giant ugger is important at all. i always figured it was just an error that made his model bigger for some reason. that, and alot of the uggers actuallly have subtle size differences. granted, the one in the tunnel is the biggest, being a fair bit larger than banjo, but the ones in spiral mountain are somewhat bigger than all the others in wooded hallow.

it might be worthwhile to change all the uggers to a certain image and see if he's still bigger, though.

Old 30th December 2006, 04:06 AM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otacon
You mean Klungo?

He is Grunty's Hench-man, And he was just following orders

Gettin' Jiggy With It!

Old 30th December 2006, 04:55 AM
Dingpot

He means a twice-as-big Gruntling, guarding the passage the Hag 1 left, near Jiggywiggy's.

Old 30th December 2006, 01:42 PM
Emergency Medical Hologram

Total Awards: 9
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Um... someone remind me what Ridiculously Secret Area 1 is?