Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 22nd December 2006, 11:25 PM
Grunty's Reject

Exclamation The sad truth about S'N'S

The sad truth:

After talking to Rare management on R-E's exclusive tour of Rare, and a follow up phone call from Wozza, webmaster of Rare Extreme, we can confirm that Stop N Swop was never meant to be. Powerboy had a good chat with one employee, and quite simply, Stop N Swop is something Rare wishes to bury. "It's in the past, lets move on". Rare intends to focus on what they are doing in the future rather then loitering around in the past. "It was never officially announced as being part of the game". It was always a rumor and were it not for gameshark hackers, no one may have ever stumbled across the "Stop N Swop" pause screen in the first place. The three eggs and the ice key in Banjo-Tooie were the secrets that players were meant to find and use as first mentioned in the ending of the original Banjo-Kazooie game. Rare is fully aware of the countless interest in the Stop N Swop issue from fans and, if anything, they enjoy reading about it. We were told they refuse to comment on the issue to the point that grave diggers scratching around for a desperate piece of information will still fail to find anything useful. One employee said that he read a post the other day that was particularly close to the true story behind stop n swop. *ahem*

QUESTION: Why was SNS dropped, and why isn't Rare saying anything about it?R>Bolt's Theory (Theory 1):R>We discovered the Stop N Swop menu using a videogame enhancer called a Gameshark. Videogame companies hate game enhancers, because they are used to hack their games. Different versions of games come out partially to foil the effects of enchancers. Companies try at any cost to stop people from using them. For example, Nintendo says that using a gameshark to get Mew in Pokemon can permanetly ruin your game AND the Mew won't be like the real one that they can give you. That statement is a big lie. You'll only ruin your game if you don't know what you're doing, and the Mew is the same as the "official" one. We all know what type of people Rare is made up of- a bunch of jokesters. Nonetheless, they hate game enchancers just the same. If we never used a "hacking device" in the first place, we would have never known about Stop N Swop. Remember, Mumbo said that we would get the items in BT, NOT go back into BK and get them. So we were naughty and hacked our way into something that was really none of our business. Combine that with their personality, and you get why they aren't speaking: Rare isn't speaking because THEY DON'T HAVE TO. This is what Rare is probably saying: "We've told you time and time again not to use those stupid Gamsharks to cheat in our games. Now only do you still do that, but you hack into the programming to find things that are really none of your beeswax. Were you ever supposed to know about the SNS? No. Did you do what we asked? No. Do we have to say anything about our project that you had no right to know about? NO! Maybe one day you'll learn..." What does this have to do with them being jokesters? Instead of saying the above, they'll just say "Stop N Swop? What is that?" They'll pretend like they don't know what SNS is, so any emails about this mysterious thing must have been sent to the wrong address, and will be deleted. =P

In other words, it was never meant to be in the first place. With everyone making a big deal out of it, its no wonder Rare couldn’t help but stir everyone up with countless references to the uncovered secrets of the original game.

Old 22nd December 2006, 11:31 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award 
Didn't we just do this?

Thanks for taking the time to type that whole thing up, though. Nice...research

Old 22nd December 2006, 11:33 PM
Bunnycomb

Well, I kinda knew it was dropped... but atleast it was fun to believe in it. Atleast RWP will always be around.

I wonder why Rare put the red egg, green egg, menu, the codes and able to collect the items anyway if it was never meant to be.

Old 22nd December 2006, 11:33 PM
Grunty's Reject

Thanks Though i mostly copyed and paste Plus i had 2 read though and fix mistakes they did I read it more than 5 times Once again thanks

Old 22nd December 2006, 11:35 PM
Grunty's Reject

Yer I rekon it's to make you wanna buy the next one so it would sell like crazy...

Old 22nd December 2006, 11:36 PM
Grunty's Reject

Oh i remember know! I made up a code in the san castle something like
'Blue feathers red egg' and it worked

Old 22nd December 2006, 11:42 PM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
I could've sworn I read that before.

Oh, wait, I did.

Please don't triple post, and also, if you're going to copy and paste a document such as that, please give credit.