Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 22nd August 2003, 08:36 PM
tomo_turkey

If there is a connection and it is still possible to use the connection then my theory is that the Ice Key will be used to unlock something in the world called Fungi Forest (Since Fungi Forest was origanally Fungus Forest in Banjo kazooie and there is a connection between that world and Freezy Peak)

Old 22nd August 2003, 10:37 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Random Award 
hmmm... although most likely after all this time there is no longer any link between B-K and DK
1 can dream though
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
Gold: Suck it, Trebek.
That is all.

Old 23rd August 2003, 04:22 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally posted by R Hunter
1 can dream though
i'm pretty sure the whole point of searching for this is to know what may have been, not what is, because we have found no evidence of "triggers" for these data in the game itself without a gameshark.

Why don't girls ever notice me?

Old 23rd August 2003, 08:37 AM
Glowbo

Back in the day, when Perfect Dark came out, everybody forgot about hacking Goldeneye and began playing Rare's newest first-person shooter. Hackers found many things in PD that were pieces of a magical thing called "Beta". Level names, Perfect Head, old weapons, extra options, etc. But nothing really compared to something I found while playing the game...

Now, this was a few months after PD was released, since I didn't buy it right away. I was playing in the Area 51 level while using my X-Ray vision. Searching in places I could not enter, I looked up in a vent. There I found a door with a keyhole (picture attached). After I posted this on a few sites, everyone was claiming to have found this new thing in PD and sending it into websites. People were clammering over this find. Why?

A keyhole. A keyhole? Yes, but why would a small door with a keyhole be hidden in an area you could never reach? Perhaps at some point you could access the vent system and approach the door. But who could ever fit into that small space and what would you use to open that door?

Just another theory, one more Rare puzzle. Now you know why us hackers love Beta leftovers and early screenshots.

Old 23rd August 2003, 09:42 AM
Dopefish Tom

has everyone forgotten about diddy kong racing of course they are linked up they all appeared in the same game hmmm but wheres joanna dark well thats obvious she has nothing to do with it no ya think! but anyways has anyone actually tried hacking into diddy kong racing recently coz they have a cheat code screen which could explain it all. Although probably banjo, conker and diddy were all supposed to have something to do with stop and swop but then conker changed coz they thought it was silly having three of basically the same games. Although on the dk64 test map there is a balloon and if i'm not mistaken who had to collect balloons in diddy kong racing. Which means that not only dk64 has to be hacked but all 5 games bk, bt, dkr, dk64 and cbfd. There must be something up with those three characters in dkr banjo, conker and diddy although maybe tiptup has something to do with it aswell. Why those characters why well maybe its coz they were going to make a game about all the characters and realised that was stupid when they were making twelve tales. Maybe you need to stop using cheat cartridges and try and find things the proper way trial and error lol and i dont care how long it will take just do it lol lol.

Old 23rd August 2003, 02:03 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Um...........NO!.

Old 23rd August 2003, 09:36 PM
DJ Jamjars

hey...anyone hack conker's BFD yet?
The following was heard from one Gold Jinjo on March the fourth at...well 3:17 EST.
That is all.

Old 24th August 2003, 10:16 AM
tomo_turkey

There is no point anymore in trying to find out what the secrets do in Banjo Kazooie. They are just special items that can be used in the sequel. Unless Rareware give the answer away which will be in about 5 years time and the n64 will be considered like the snes ( since the succesor to the Gamecube would have come out by then) then there is no way of unlocking it. They just put the secrets in Banjo Kazooie to sell Banjo Tooie and make loads of money.

Old 24th August 2003, 12:19 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
Originally posted by tomo_turkey
They just put the secrets in Banjo Kazooie to sell Banjo Tooie and make loads of money.
No they didn't. Have you read any of the articles that prove it WAS once going to happen?

If not then go read them.

Old 24th August 2003, 08:56 PM
Glowbo

Isn't the Dark Blue color for the secret character in Battle mode Kruncha? His skin is dark blue.

Old 25th August 2003, 09:19 PM
Most Missed Member '10 - '11

Total Awards: 4
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally posted by Isaac2
Isn't the Dark Blue color for the secret character in Battle mode Kruncha? His skin is dark blue.
-raises eyebrow-

Please elaborate for us not in the alleged 'know'.

Old 27th August 2003, 05:11 AM
Glowbo

I think he means "Krusha". Krusha was activated through one of the cheat codes, and it's true -- his skin (or scales, more likely) is dark blue.

Maybe Rare just has some sort of fetish with these specific colours...

Old 27th August 2003, 05:41 AM
Bunnycomb

Seems like they did!
Tip Tup Choir springs to mind.

Old 27th August 2003, 06:10 AM
DJ Jamjars

Also you can look at the color of the blueprints in DK they look an awful lot like the ? eggs
That is all.