Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 14th June 2018, 02:54 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I got Splatoon 2

Old 19th June 2018, 03:14 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Well, I just finished a playthrough of DmC: Devil May Cry to end my task of playing through all the DMC games. It really didn't feel like a Devil May Cry game at all. The twisted city could have been neat, but it sort of all looked the same by the end of the game. The social commentary was the most asinine thing I've ever seen. They completely ripped off "They Live", but with none of the charm. The combat at least worked, but was really simple.

2/5

Old 23rd June 2018, 12:17 PM
Funniest Member ('13 - '14)

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
street fighter v arcade edition

Old 25th June 2018, 07:29 AM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal 
Miitopia was half off on the eshop, and even though I'm unemployed I knew I had to buy it because in the demo I got to fight a demonic butterfly with Kanye West's face on it while my friend and companion, being a pop music artist, forced him to dance uncontrollably

the full game unfortunately does not quite live up to those initial expectations but the music is pretty bangers at least

7/10

i'm also playing kingdom hearts 1.5+2.5 HD, on and off playing re:chain of memories riku side and probably just going to read up on 358/2 days because kingdom hearts rogue one the movie doesn't really sound too appealing to me right now

1 out of 1

Old 26th June 2018, 05:43 PM
Von Kriplespac

I'm glad Splatoon doesn't have voice chat so nobody can call me out for all my jobbing. Most of the other multiplayer games I play right now aren't team based so usually everyone else has a nice time when play terribly.

Old 12th July 2018, 09:46 PM
Von Kriplespac

The Octo Expansion DLC was really good. It has like 2.8x more content than the original single player campaign and most of the levels are decently challenging. Just beat the super secret extra boss and got my golden toothpick, which you can't see because it clips almost entirely into my afro. I'd like it if they patched in more than two hairstyles for octos, since both of the ones for boys suck.

Old 15th July 2018, 04:19 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
I've been playing Fortnite Battle Royale almost exclusively as I've had very little free time to play anything else. It's easy to jump into and out of quickly. I'm getting better at it slowly but surely, but I don't know if I'll stick with it through the Fall.

Old 16th July 2018, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Total Awards: 8
You're Appreciated! Puzzle Six Awesome Default Medal RWP Donator RWP Podcast 
Completely forgot that the Guitar Hero III song list is mostly just terrible covers of the Dazed & Confused soundtrack.

Old 17th July 2018, 07:08 AM
Von Kriplespac

My copy of Sonic Mania Plus arrived a day before official release. It's still good.

Old 17th July 2018, 09:36 PM
a quiche

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 
I used to play a round (or two) of Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Eternal Duelist Soul on the GBA emulator on my phone every time I took a shit. But after you've beaten every character in the game like over 20 times eventually you want to give it a rest. So now I play (at least some part of) an Advance Wars mission on the GBA emulator on my phone every time I take a shit.

Old 20th July 2018, 05:15 PM
Von Kriplespac

I'm so glad Sonic got a good game again. Like a good game, not a "good" game. I double dipped for the physical copy of Sonic Mania Plus and 100% it in a day. Encore mode was neat, but not really all that much different. The biggest change about it is being able to swap characters on the fly, and the special stages are harder and hidden in different locations. The Metal Sonic boss is different too, but that's part of the update rather than the DLC. Mighty is pretty much just an easymodo character who is invincible anytime you're in a ball. Ray is like the SMW cape but better and you gain a ton of speed when you dive with it.

If you haven't picked up the game yet, grab a console version. The PC version has terrible DRM which causes glitches and slowdown and they just patched it to be even worse.

Old 21st July 2018, 08:36 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
OlliOlli: It's addictive
Metal Gear Solid V: I didn't get very far but it's good so far
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts N' Bolts: I'm doing a Let's Play of this with Frankie and I am enjoying it so far
Super Mario Odyssey: Yes. Fun. I don't want to get burnt out on it so I'm holding off on finishing it.
Breath of the Wild: Replaying this and I keep starting to remember more things in it. I wish I could reexperience it blindly.

Old 22nd July 2018, 05:30 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Just finished A Hat in Time with all 40 time pieces. It was a great game. The levels were all well designed and each had their own charm. The controls were so smooth too.

Old 22nd July 2018, 09:36 AM
Trash Apprentice

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
So I'm playing far Cry 5 recently. I found Jess (hunter bow lady who's mad) and Boomer (best boi doggy boi) and am really enjoying it. I like finding all the fun toys and blasting away all the bad people. I already killed the first guy, now on my second, and am saving the drug trip person for last cause I assume that'll be dope as hell.

My only problem is that the game SUPPPPPER goes out of its way to avoid pronouns, because you can select a male or female char, and it really takes me outta' the game. Two characters will be speaking in front of you and be like "Yeah they will do this for us, cause they are really cool, and we love them." and it's just...people don't talk like that. It gets really jarring in the area I'm in now where they keep saying "'em" all the time. "Let's take care of 'em, they really did good on thtat thing, hey don't move 'em like that!" Idk it takes me out of the conversation and makes me realize that this is dialog written in a video game. Is it REALLY that hard for a AAA studio to record a few voice lines for each gender? Also I understand this would fit really well for non-binary characters and that's cool for the people who want that, it does make me go "EHHH" though because this game also takes place in Montana where they aren't really thinking about that shit for the most part. One character did say "Hey girl, you can help us win." At one point which is nice, but for the most part it's they/them and that really makes it obvious they were saving on voice lines.

If Saints Row can do it with multiple amazing male AND female VA who all do awesome jobs at voicing the boss, I'm sure a AAA studio such as Ubisoft could do it too. That's why it comes off as super super SUPER cheap to me.

Old 27th July 2018, 11:54 PM
Von Kriplespac

I've been playing Octopath Traveler. It's a game where you go town to town assaulting people with tigers, swords, and questions. Then you steal their stuff and kidnap them. It's neat.

User Tag List