Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 29th July 2016, 07:29 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiffgurl View Post
i don't really like sa1 but i agree chilli, this faux-retro angle comes off as painfully trite and insincere to me - like, e.g. i loved the sonic advance games but they didn't come off as pandering at all, just some kickass 2D platformers with a unique charm, and this is literally just a cheap copy and paste of a graphic style and level design philosophy by some dumb gaijin who got a job with sega for his ability to recreate a game for a mobile device

i know they're making generations 2 or whatever too, but recent 3D sonic games just don't feel like they have a soul to me at all - just more status quo QTE platforming without any real sense of scope
they already tried the faux retro revival thing with sonic 4 (ironically made by the same developers as sonic advance and rush) which was shit so i don't have a problem with them trying this

i'm still not that excited though. the only sonic games i really liked were the first three, mainly 3&knuckles. adventure games were okay but aged horribly and generations was fun but as you said, lacked soul

actually unleashed looks pretty cool aesthetically but i haven't played it. aside from the stupid-ass werehog thing. i should also play the other advance games since i only played the first one. didn't like sonic rush though

Last edited by CoolBob; 29th July 2016 at 07:39 AM.

Old 6th January 2020, 03:41 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
I started playing Sonic Mania today (as part as an ongoing effort to finish all the games in my backlog) and I can't say I'm enjoying it. My playstyle is very slow and methodical, so I can't quite wrap my head around a game where you're just supposed to haul ass and worry about collectibles later or not at all. Also, I'm pretty sure some of those blue sphere bonuses are literally unwinnable. I got one that was nothing but red spheres surrounded by a square of bumpers with no obvious way to get out.

Does anyone have any tips for me?

Old 6th January 2020, 04:16 AM
Darth Dubzicus

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! Imagination Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
I kinda felt the same way about it at first but then I got the plus DLC and playing through the game as mighty makes it feel alot better with mighty you don’t take spike damage if you are balled up which I didn’t even realize how many times that could **** up a good run until I stoped taking it

other than me sucking at it I thought the added DLC made it alot more enjoyable at least for me
Whose cause and cure lie ever out of reach."

User Tag List