Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Archive > Action Replay/Gameshark hacking

Action Replay/Gameshark hacking Come in and learn to hack like the pros. ahem. yes.

Old 17th May 2009, 11:28 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Exclamation Gameshark Error

I Have a Gameshark v2.?,I Put DK In Without Changing The Keycode,and then, .8.How do I Fix This?

Old 18th May 2009, 08:25 AM
The Hero of the Hour

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I can't determine what error you are having. Can you please be a little more specific.

Old 18th May 2009, 11:09 PM
Glowbo

ok

if it gives you an 8 on the GS then you have to have a keycode. DK64 is one of the games. Apparently no one on this site uses a real Nintendo 64 with a real gameshark and are all pirates/annoying and play emulators on a pc with roms and the built in Gameshark.

Anyway, try and older game. The Gameshark Pro screen will come up if the game has codes for it on the GS.

The timer will count down from 5.
When it does load. go to keycodes and look for the one for DK64, which may be the Zelda keycode if there isnt one for it specifically.

Select the keycode and hit Yes. Shut of the 64 and put DK64 in and it should load.

You'll basically have to do this every time

Old 19th May 2009, 01:40 PM
The Hero of the Hour

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredempath View Post
if it gives you an 8 on the GS then you have to have a keycode. DK64 is one of the games. Apparently no one on this site uses a real Nintendo 64 with a real gameshark and are all pirates/annoying and play emulators on a pc with roms and the built in Gameshark.

Anyway, try and older game. The Gameshark Pro screen will come up if the game has codes for it on the GS.

The timer will count down from 5.
When it does load. go to keycodes and look for the one for DK64, which may be the Zelda keycode if there isnt one for it specifically.

Select the keycode and hit Yes. Shut of the 64 and put DK64 in and it should load.

You'll basically have to do this every time
That was brutal. I do use a real N64 with a real gameshark, but come on his original post was incomprehensible. Give us a break.

Old 19th May 2009, 08:21 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 
With SM64 Too!It Always Says .8

Old 19th May 2009, 10:49 PM
Rarewitch Hero

Total Awards: 5
SteamLink Verified INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal Thread Starter 
From what I can gather there shouldn't be a problem. Putting in a game that requires a keycode should not stop it from working. Where you would have a problem is if you changed the keycode to a game you didn't have. Then you would be be stuck.

If you lived in Europe I could have reflashed it. Obviously I could do America but the postage would probably too much.

Okay, so I'll officially declare that I will reflash people's broken AR/GS cartridges, if they pay postage both ways and include a pack of sweets from your region of the world

Old 21st May 2009, 12:56 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredempath
Apparently no one on this site uses a real Nintendo 64 with a real gameshark and are all pirates/annoying and play emulators on a pc with roms and the built in Gameshark.
Hey, I used to have a working gameshark too. Too bad it locked up, and I don't feel like buying a new one everytime that occurs(although I should try flashing it.). Not to mention half the time I'd press the GS button the damn thing would freeze on me....

With an emulator you don't have any of those problems. Plus, I don't consider it pirating if I already own the original software.

Last edited by runehero123; 21st May 2009 at 01:03 AM.

Old 26th May 2009, 05:42 PM
Grunty's Reject

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Mario View Post
Okay, so I'll officially declare that I will reflash people's broken AR/GS cartridges, if they pay postage both ways and include a pack of sweets from your region of the world
Fantastic.

Tags
gameshark code