Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 14th August 2011, 10:55 PM
Jinjo

Replacing a 3DS Case

Does anyone know is there any easy way to replace the 3DS front fascias without having to dismantle the whole thing? My daughter who is 2 has used one of here pens on the screens and scratched them up fortunately it's the fascias rather than the actual screen and I know where to get hold of new fascias. What I'm wondering is am I going to have to take the whole thing into several pieces just to replace the front top and bottom screen covers or is there any easier way?

Old 15th August 2011, 03:42 PM
Dingpot

Call Nintendo of America and ask if they could replace it. And don't give the 3DS to a 2 year old. If the 3D was on while she was using it, it could damage her vision functionality. It says on the box "3D Mode is not permitted for children under 6".

Old 4th September 2011, 09:18 AM
Jinjo

Thanks for the advice, but I live in the UK I know about fixing computers and games consoles as I do it as a sort of job just never opened a 3DS before and wondered if the covers come off easy or if you have to dismantle the entire thing. I have 3D mode locked too I know about the vision damage it hurts my eyes and I'm 24.

User Tag List