Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 20th January 2009, 05:48 AM
Glowbo

Perfect Dark HD

After some tooling around, I've figured out how to dump, modify, and re-apply textures from N64. So, this means I can officially embark on ...

Perfect Dark HD.

Here's the situation as I see it. I can go through and play through every level, dump every texture, organize them into folders, etc, and THEN go about modifying them all ... or I can find some assistance regarding dumping textures and organizing them in a fashion that's relatively easy to understand and edit in a time-friendly fashion.

This is not a demand by any means, merely a request. After all, I want to see this completed as much as you, and this project will mostly be a labor of love between the film work I do and everything else life throws my way, so if I have to do everything myself it will take a while.

Just to show I'm capable of doing the job, here's the first successful test I managed to pull off:

Before: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/6...ctdark0mr4.png
After: http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7...ctdark1li8.png

I hope no one interprets any of the above as a demand, I'm simply sending the word out to what I know to be an incredibly talented group of people to assist me in bringing a game we all love up to modern graphical specifications.

-Dylan

Last edited by enigs; 20th January 2009 at 05:53 AM.

Old 20th January 2009, 06:34 AM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
that is NOT High Definition, it is meerly a higher res texture, and even so it is nowhere near modern graphic specifications.

Good job, but you have a LONG way to go before that is modern, and even longer before your making textures a high enough resolution for HD.

Old 20th January 2009, 02:16 PM
The Hero of the Hour

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Are you serious? I thought the After photo was godly. High Resolution, High Def its all the same in the end. Point is who wouldn't want to see this game re-done in high resolution? I would love to help but I actually have no idea how to dump/organise textures.

Old 20th January 2009, 03:30 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjoesusxx View Post
that is NOT High Definition, it is meerly a higher res texture, and even so it is nowhere near modern graphic specifications.

Good job, but you have a LONG way to go before that is modern, and even longer before your making textures a high enough resolution for HD.
Easy, killer. You know what I mean. HighER definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alakazam9891 View Post
No fence man but the first one looks better because it's more crisp
Again, merely a test. Just thought I'd post my first successful one here as a start.

Old 27th January 2009, 10:12 PM
Glowbo

I like the project. Isn't it possible to write a program which dumps the textures and organizes them correctly? It would save you a lot of work. How exactly are you planning to do it?

Old 6th February 2009, 03:15 PM
Clanker

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
You beet me to it(If you have started).

I was asking a question about GoldenEye but am still waiting on a reply however I suppose this answeres it.

What res did it start at and what did you change it to?
I'm sure there is a limit, unless that was just for re-importing images with the origonal GETexEditor.

Trev

User Tag List