Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 4th April 2011, 05:02 AM
Glowbo

Banjo-Tooie consistant co-op ?

I understand there's this old gameshark co-op cheat code:

D10456BA 0166
810456BA XXXX
D0081085 0020
81127640 0166
D0081085 0020
80127642 0001

Which you replace XXXX with the correspondence warp digits you want to pay cooperatively in. Though I was wondering if it is at all possible to trigger cheats to be loaded during entry of other 'realms'. So that it may always be cooperative play. Ideas?

Old 4th April 2011, 05:18 AM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Theoretically, if playing on an emulator, you could change the code just before you load a new area. I imagine that'd be a pain, though, and I'm pretty sure people have been wanting this kind of thing for years.

On a side note, a few years ago, I was able to get co-op AND Breegull Blaster to work on normal levels by messing with warp digits. I forget how I did it but as I recall it involved the Ordnance Storage entrance area.

Old 4th April 2011, 05:36 AM
Glowbo

Based on your premise, this means that there must be a way to execute these codes automatically before load time. That is, if there was a way to provoke this action. Say the emulator receives a call to load a certain 'realm' that's when it will distinguish which code to run, therefore dismissing the need for manual revision. I'm sure there may be a way to do this in mupen or 1964 since their code is free.

User Tag List