Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Old 5th August 2011, 08:47 PM
Von Kriplespac

I Just Installed Homebrew But Have Some Questions

Okay, just used Smash Stack to get Homebrew Channel. I got a Snes9xgx emulator running well on it. But besides emulation, I was wondering about some other things:

Hacking: Brawl hacks for example. Like getting different chatacters/textures like Geno, Fierce Deity Link, Shadow, etc.

The Homebrew Browser: what is it? What can it do?

Free games? I don't want to update my Wii and I heard I could get free full version games. How is this done?

Other features: What am I missing? What else can I do with Homebrew?

Please help.
Digimon Adventure 01 was probably one of the best things I'd ever seen. I even saw it through to the end. Then 02 came and messed everything up. Why did they have to change everything? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Old 5th August 2011, 09:52 PM
Von Kriplespac

GeckOS? What if I want to use someone else's hack?
Digimon Adventure 01 was probably one of the best things I'd ever seen. I even saw it through to the end. Then 02 came and messed everything up. Why did they have to change everything? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Old 5th August 2011, 11:45 PM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Hacking: For Brawl, you need Gecko OS on your Homebrew Channel. You activate the proper codes (I think you can find a codeset online somewhere) and place textures and everything where you need to (a guide should be available somewhere online for this). Other stuff, like custom NSMBW levels, require you to load the game through Riivolution.

Homebrew Browser: Allows you to download apps for your Wii directly from your Wii.

Free Games: I'm not that familiar with it, but there are ways to burn games to a DVD and load them through Homebrew. Completely illegal, of course. If you don't want to update your Wii, just load games through GeckoOS- You can skip the update that way.

Old 6th August 2011, 12:58 AM
Holy thunderforce

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
Games: install any usb loader (ie usbloaderGX), put the game iso in any usb memory (using wfbs manager, a program for pc) or usb hdd and enjoy. (This also makes games from any region work too)

Old 6th August 2011, 01:04 AM
Von Kriplespac

Just installed a gb n64 and snes emulator. The n64 doesn't work. When I go to load a rom it says error opening directory "sd:/wii64/roms". What do I do?

Old 6th August 2011, 02:27 AM
Holy thunderforce

INFECTED - B2K1 
Place the roms in the wii64/roms directory inside your SD card, probably.

Old 6th August 2011, 02:31 AM
Von Kriplespac

So copy and paste every individual rom to the Rom folder?

Old 6th August 2011, 02:35 AM
Holy thunderforce

INFECTED - B2K1 
I don't have a n64 emulator on my Wii but yeah, that's what the error message you posted indicates. So something like (SD card)/wii64/roms (put your roms here); try if that works idk.

Old 6th August 2011, 02:44 AM
Von Kriplespac

Okay the toms are found. But what rims are compatible with mupen? The romhustler roms are invalid

Old 6th August 2011, 12:49 PM
Holy thunderforce

INFECTED - B2K1 
According to the Wii64 wiki (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii64) roms should be on .v64 .z64 or .n64 format, so for example avoid leaving them as a .zip

Old 7th August 2011, 01:50 AM
Von Kriplespac

Yeah, the Wii64 is whorrible. Few games crashed, and a couple others just loaded a black screen with white text. Other emulators are fine though.

Old 7th August 2011, 01:55 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 2
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 
If I were you, I'd leave the N64 Emulator out... I takes up space and isn't very efficient as of yet. I've only been able to get a handful of games to work and even then, they froze. As for games, ye be hard done by finding them legally matey. However there is this article which tells you how to back up your LEGALLY PURCHASED games onto a hard drive.

Old 7th August 2011, 02:04 AM
Von Kriplespac

Yeah like I got a Quest ROM: black screen with text. I'm not sure if it's the ROM or what. Goemon's Great Adventure just randomly resets. Mortal Kombat Mythologies crashes. Glover: same as Quest... Real bummer.

User Tag List