Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 3rd September 2010, 05:42 AM
Brash Breegull

Honestly, people want this game for 14 years and GM and Tee-Hee just shoot it down? Wow, way to troll Nintendo guys. And now that I've seen the Wii game, it still doesn't impress very much. I also didn't like SU's Day stages. If it was due to the werehog, then why would I be saving up for a 360 to get a game that's not true to the predecessors? Or why would I have played it?

Old 3rd September 2010, 12:46 PM
Rare player from Venezuela

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B2K1 
I'm at work right now and most search engines are blocked, so I can't look for it myself. Does DKCR have a release date yet¿

Also, GM. Please listen (read) carefully what Mando is telling you. There is no way to believe SC will be better.

Old 3rd September 2010, 01:41 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Talk about off-topic.

Stop talking about Sonic Colors in the DKCR thread.

Also, it's been confirmed to be coming out November 21 in North America so far, but that's it as far as specifics go.

Last edited by Bottles98; 3rd September 2010 at 02:09 PM.

Old 3rd September 2010, 02:16 PM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
  1. Look at the cover art.
  2. Direct your eyes to the lower right corner.
  3. Slowly look up from there until you see it.
  4. ????
  5. Profit!

New evil villain revealed, I think. Until we get a name, let's all call him Yellow Hat C'thulhu.

Old 3rd September 2010, 06:43 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuelo RPG View Post
I'm at work right now and most search engines are blocked, so I can't look for it myself. Does DKCR have a release date yet¿

Also, GM. Please listen (read) carefully what Mando is telling you. There is no way to believe SC will be better.
Yes. November 21st. In America, that is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottles98 View Post
Talk about off-topic.

Stop talking about Sonic Colors in the DKCR thread.

Also, it's been confirmed to be coming out November 21 in North America so far, but that's it as far as specifics go.
We're discussing which is better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
  1. Look at the cover art.
  2. Direct your eyes to the lower right corner.
  3. Slowly look up from there until you see it.
  4. ????
  5. Profit!

New evil villain revealed, I think. Until we get a name, let's all call him Yellow Hat C'thulhu.
Okai!

Old 3rd September 2010, 08:54 PM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
Just going back to GM making a big deal about Mandolin thinking DKCR will be a fantastic game for a brief moment... weren't YOU the one that was continuously going on about how Metroid: Other M would be fantastic and this and that, long before the game even had a release date? And when everyone was saying that it could suck and you hadn't even got the chance to play it and video and screenshots were rare, you were going, "wait and see, I'll be right blah blah blah."? Don't think you have the right to talk about Mandolin assuming DKCR will be great when you did the same for Metroid: Other M. To use your own argument against you, Team Ninja never made a Metroid game before. It could have been crap, but you were still going, "I'll show you, I'll be right, blah blah blah" even when people were calling you out, asking about how you joined the team and got to play it yourself.
And while I, like Mandolin, am hoping Sonic Colors will be good, I get the feeling DKCR will be better. DKCR looks more traditional Donkey Kong and looks really fun, whereas Sonic Colors looks fun, but... I 'unno....

Anyway! Back on topic. Donkey Kong Country Returns. Certainly excited to see Rambi there. I really wish I could hear the music better. From what I could hear, it seems kind of peaceful, and I didn't care for it at first, thinking that the songs had to be upbeat like in DK64... but then I went back and played DKC and DKC2 and it occurred to me that the songs weren't always upbeat, but sometimes moody but always fit the level. So long as the music fits, peaceful, upbeat, dramatic, etc. I'll be happy... which makes me want to know what the mine-cart levels will sound like... Mine Cart Madness of the first game was slow and ominous, whereas DK64 had dramatic mine-cart songs...

Old 3rd September 2010, 10:18 PM
Mr. Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuelo RPG View Post
No way? NO WAY? You CAN'T say NO WAY, because the god damn game isn't even out yet! For all we know, SC and DKCR could be equally matched! Your logic is f**ked up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zondekel
stuff
YOUR logic needs to be rethinked as well. Release dates don't matter in this situation. It's about which game looks more appealing. None of us have played neither DKCR OR Sonic Colors because they haven't realeased yet. All I can say is, as much as DKCR looks all "classic" and shit, it just lacks the appeal that the past games had. Personally, I believe that this game might be fun-- with friends, mainly. That's how NSMBWii went. IMO it was boring on single player. Sonic Colors, visually, looks like it could play better and potentially be more fun based on what i've seen. As fun as DKCR is, SC will just be better unless Retro... steps it up. 'Tis all i'm saying.

Last edited by Starblazer; 3rd September 2010 at 10:25 PM.

Old 3rd September 2010, 10:23 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
But it certainly won't do as well as DKCR. No matter how awesome SC may or may not be, DK is a household name. Besides that, it's another Country game which have gotten critical acclaim while the latest Sonic games have been...sad. Even if DKCR is total crap and SC is the greatest thing sense...DKC1, it will not do as well. Guaranteed.

That said, I'm really looking forward to both games, though Sonic a bit more.

Old 3rd September 2010, 10:30 PM
Mr. Pants

For the record, i've been anticipating this game too. (And i'm referring to Homsar) I'm not hating on this game. I'm merely saying that I believe SC will be better IMO. No offense to Mandolin or anybody else.

The only one who understands what i'm trying to say is L33T, it seems...

Old 3rd September 2010, 10:34 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic Mario View Post
No way? NO WAY? You CAN'T say NO WAY, because the god damn game isn't even out yet! For all we know, SC and DKCR could be equally matched! Your logic is f**ked up!

YOUR logic needs to be rethinked as well. Release dates don't matter in this situation. It's about which game looks more appealing. None of us have played neither DKCR OR Sonic Colors because they haven't realeased yet. All I can say is, as much as DKCR looks all "classic" and shit, it just lacks the appeal that the past games had. Personally, I believe that this game might be fun-- with friends, mainly. That's how NSMBWii went. IMO it was boring on single player. Sonic Colors, visually, looks like it could play better and potentially be more fun based on what i've seen. As fun as DKCR is, SC will just be better unless Retro... steps it up. 'Tis all i'm saying.
You didn't even read that stuff, I'm guessing.

Quote:
For the record, i've been anticipating this game too. (And i'm referring to Homsar) I'm not hating on this game. I'm merely saying that I believe SC will be better IMO. No offense to Mandolin or anybody else.

The only one who understands what i'm trying to say is L33T, it seems...
Quote:
Honestly, DKCR is... lackluster in my opinion. Sonic Colors features... EFFORT. 'Tis all I say.

Old 3rd September 2010, 10:36 PM
Mr. Pants

Jesus Christ. Lackluster doesn't mean "ZOMG I HATE IT" it just means it could be better. I read all those posts, yeah--

they were all biased upon Donkey Kong.

Old 3rd September 2010, 10:40 PM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Jesus Christ. Lackluster doesn't mean "ZOMG I HATE IT" it just means it could be better. I read all those posts, yeah--

they were all biased upon Donkey Kong.
I wasn't focusing on Lackluster.

Also, I like Sonic. I'm not looking forward to SC. 'tis all I say. You can't bias on something you like. Wow, you're a moron.

Old 3rd September 2010, 10:44 PM
Mr. Pants

Hold on a second while I prove you wrong.

Quote:
There is no way to believe that SC will be better.
hold on, there's more...

Quote:
Do we simply ignore the fact that the past games have been %100 win and the Sonic games have sucked since the Adventure days?
Also, all the posts you made before. Thems be biased as all hell.

Last edited by Starblazer; 3rd September 2010 at 10:56 PM.

Old 3rd September 2010, 11:03 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Rarity RWP Podcast INFECTED - B1K1 
You also literally said "SC looks like shit" so...yeah.

Old 3rd September 2010, 11:04 PM
Brash Breegull

God, do you even know what bias is? You did not prove me wrong at all.

Also, leet. SC doesn't look good to me. That doesn't mean I have a bias against Sonic. It means I'm not interested in THE GAME.

Last edited by HomsaHedgehog; 3rd September 2010 at 11:08 PM.

User Tag List