Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic

Rare & Playtonic Discuss anything Rare related, from classic Rareware to the Golden(eye) era or even some of their later projects. If it's Rare it's here.

Old 8th September 2011, 08:34 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walecs View Post
Seriously, if Rare claims Nuts & Bolts to be Banjo-Threeie you call it Banjo-Threeie, but if Rare claims the Live & Reloaded multipayer a canon prequel/sequel to Bad Fur Day it isn't?
This is obviously subjective.
I never stated that i would called nuts & bolts to be banjo threeie if rare would said it that it was, and about rare claiming that live & reloaded multiplayer is canon show me the link where the said that if its true.

Old 8th September 2011, 09:09 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
It's part of the game, why wouldn't it be canon?

http://rare.co.uk/games/conker-live-reloaded

Old 8th September 2011, 09:23 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
It's part of the game, why wouldn't it be canon?

http://rare.co.uk/games/conker-live-reloaded
the war was ended you know the tediz where destroyed there base of operation plus there leader suck out to space now how can it be that the war( if you can call it that way) still continues as the multiplayer stated?.

Old 8th September 2011, 09:30 PM
Jolly Rodger

Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
He has probably been saved someway.

Old 8th September 2011, 09:38 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
He has probably been saved someway.
thats a very solid argument

Old 8th September 2011, 09:53 PM
Jolly Rodger

Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Well, in my fan novel I explain how he has been saved. Though it's not officially canon, unless Rare will accept it (and it's as likely as a Banjo-Kazooie platform/Conker 2/Jet Force Gemini XBLA).

Old 9th September 2011, 04:20 AM
Dingpot

Quote:
Well, in my fan novel I explain how he has been saved. Though it's not officially canon, unless Rare will accept it (and it's as likely as a Banjo-Kazooie platform/Conker 2/Jet Force Gemini XBLA).
Actually, I'm pretty sure a Banjo-Kazooie Platformer/Conker 2/Jet Force Gemini XBLA is more likely.

AND HAY, DONTCHU MEAN CONKER 3?!!? LIVE AND RELOADED, DUH. YOU SAID IT YOURSELF.

Old 9th September 2011, 10:47 AM
Jolly Rodger

Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
Good point and well made. Though Live & Reloaded multiplayer is a game, not a Conker 2. It's like Banjo-Pilot. It's a Banjo-Kazooie game, but not Banjo-Kazooie 3. The multiplayer is a spin off about the war, Conker isn't in it (except a very very brief back-appareance in a cutscene).

Old 9th September 2011, 09:31 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Seriously, if Rare claims Nuts & Bolts to be Banjo-Threeie you call it Banjo-Threeie, but if Rare claims the Live & Reloaded multipayer a canon prequel/sequel to Bad Fur Day it isn't?
No, I call it Nuts & Bolts. That's the name. Your comparison makes no sense. Somewhat off-topic, I love the word 'multipayer'. It's a better description of XBL than 'multiplayer'.

Quote:
Please keep your fanon away from the canon. Unless it's Touhou or something.

Old 9th September 2011, 11:46 PM
Jolly Rodger

Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
1. Glad you call it with its name, which actually is Nuts & Bolts.
2. I've never found fair to call the "L&R multiplayer prequel/sequel campaign" as "L&R multiplayer". Infact, I usually call it "Chapter X", which is its official name, and it's not even multiplayer. Anyway, mine was only a mispelling. It happens when you write so fast. I don't think anyone is going to die because I mispelled a word, when there's people who writes "hi m8 how r u doin?".
3. Have you read my words "though it's not offically canon"?

Last edited by Walecs; 11th September 2011 at 05:36 PM.

Old 11th September 2011, 01:34 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Heeeeeeeeyyyyy.... Baaaaaannnnnnjooooooo-Threeeeeeeieeeeee had veeeeeeehiiiiiiiclesssssss in ittttt.....

Old 13th September 2011, 03:21 AM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Oh, c'mon, I started posting on this forum since July-August, and my post "do Rare still have employees?" got a thumb up from Littlelaurence
Thanks, anyway.
Not to put down Little Laurence any more than I have in the past, but you can't seriously be using Little Laurence as a proof of your worth, can you? He was WORSE than you are right now if I remember correctly. Sure, he's gotten much better since then, but that's no way to assert credibility.

Quote:
Honestly, I don't understand what's wrong with that post...
The same Rare on their website said that L&R multiplayer is basically another game.
That's like saying that Super Mario 64 DS is a sequel to Super Mario 64 because it's got a whole game's worth of new levels and characters, plus mini-games and a whole new multiplayer mode!

Quote:
When did they call it a sequel?

And please stop calling Bad Fur Day the first Conker. Pocket Tales was the first Conker.

Old 13th September 2011, 12:39 PM
Jolly Rodger

Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
I've already posted the link to Rare website, at Conker's page.
Mario 64 DS multiplayer didn't have a plot, while L&R multiplayer has two cutscenes per level, an opening one and a closing one (two actually, each for squirrels or Tediz).

Old 13th September 2011, 06:01 PM
Clanker

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
I've already posted the link to Rare website, at Conker's page.
Mario 64 DS multiplayer didn't have a plot, while L&R multiplayer has two cutscenes per level, an opening one and a closing one (two actually, each for squirrels or Tediz).
I know, I read the page. Twice. I even Command-F'd "sequel" and "prequel" and found nothing of the sort on the page. It refers to the fact that Bad Fur Day was a predecessor, but that doesn't have anything to do with the canon of the series, rather the sequence of the release. The link you keep running back to calls it a port right in the header of the page.

Walecs, you're splitting hairs at this point. Just accept that you're wrong and let it go.

Live & Reloaded was an enhanced port of Bad Fur Day, not a sequel.
Conker's Bad Fur Day is the second game in the Conker series, after Pocket Tales, whether one comes before the other is not my place to say (though it's probably more realistic for Pocket Tales, when Conker was cute and innocent, comes before Bad Fur Day because squirrels don't do well with recovering from alcoholism), but one of the two original Conker games is "Conker 1" and the other is "Conker 2".

Old 13th September 2011, 06:19 PM
Jolly Rodger

Viva Piñata TiP Mastery 
On the site Rare state Live & Reloaded multiplayer could be a game itself, and due the plot is about war before and after Bad Fur Day, you can consider it a spin-off/prequel and sequel.
However, I think we stopped talking about this, and honestly I'm sick to going on about the past.

Tags
banjo, kinect, nintendo, rare, sonic

User Tag List