Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 26th July 2007, 06:28 AM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
A New Theroy from a New Member!

Ok, i joined the RWP just a bit earlier today, and this is my first thread posted. A quick over view, i've been looking over the forums for about a year now, and finally decided to join. I was around when Coolboyman was still un-banned, and I still remember the day that the "4 out of 6 eggs needed?" thread was created.

Anyway, onto my topic. After playing through BK and BT multiple times, looking over the RWP, and searching over a ton of pointless things in BK, here's what i think about SnS. After getting all 99 Jiggies, as you all know, you are treated to the video of Mumbo showing you the Ice Key along with the Blue Egg, and i (think) the Red Egg, and don't show you how to get there. Put yourself in another person's shoes for a moment. You just bought and beat BK, getting all 99 Jiggies, and you're wondering what the heck these eggs and key is for, right? So, chances are, you'll spend a bunch of time wandering around TTC, FP, and GV trying to get into the secret areas with the eggs. Obviously, after years of tearing apart this game with hacking, no one knows any way at all to get the eggs and key except for cheating, right? Here's my theroy: Remember that old Data Transfer thingy that you put in the back of your N64 controller for the really old Pokemon Stadium games, and it would let you play your Pokemon game for your Gameboy on your TV? I do. Remember the Banjo game they made for the Gameboy? I'm thinking SnS was meant to be used for the old Gameboy version of BK. You might be asking me "Well, why doesn't it work?" Since Rare didn't know a whole lot about the Data Transfer technology (probably...), or they didn't have enough time to finish it, the idea was scrapped at the last minute. SO last minute, they left the eggs and key in the game either because they thought no one would ever get them, or just to tease us. It's also a possibility that Nintendo didn't approve of SnS for game reasons. For example, what would happen if you tried to perform SnS with a game other than BK? Chances are, it would totally screw up the game you put in.

Banjo-Tooie

Well, if SnS was meant to be with BK and the Gameboy version of BK, why is it in BT? My answer is this, since the Eggs and Key were found by excellent hackers such as the ones in this forum, they decided they had to make it "go somewhere." You know, give it an ending. Again, i'm guessing this is last minute... Rare slapped something together with the bouncing N64 cartridges to give SnS some "closure". Many of the fans were dissappointed, (I know i was!) when they found out all you did was break them opened. But, again, lets put yourself in another person's shoes. You only know about the Red and Blue Egg, and the Ice Key from the video Mumbo showed us. You gave up ever trying to get to them in the game, and you hoped BT would show you how, or where to get them. (I think Mumbo said something at the end about "You find out in Banjo-tooie!" or something like that...) So, when BT is out, you buy it, and play through it. You break the cartridges, and you get the eggs and the key. You now feel "complete" with SnS because you found out what they were used for. They were used as a last-minute cover-up by Rare so they wouldn't dissappoint their fans. Ever wonder why Rare employees don't want to talk about SnS? It's a shame to their company because their fans were so dissappointed with their ending of SnS. If you owned a puppy, and let it die (by accident), you wouldn't want to talk about it, would you?

Well, hope you all had a good read there. That be my $0.02

Old 26th July 2007, 07:28 AM
Hello Sadness

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
welcome to the forums by the way

ok there's a few problems with this. the transfer pak for the n64 wasn't made until 1999, whereas banjo was releaesed the year before. also BK:GR was a gameboy advance game and the transfer pak only worked with game boy/gameboy colour games

Old 26th July 2007, 10:11 AM
Emergency Medical Hologram

Total Awards: 9
RWP Donator INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
Unless they made a GBC BK, this wouldn't really work.

Old 26th July 2007, 12:14 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 6
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 7 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 6 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 2 Participation Award 
This explains why they don't talk about it, but not about how it would work. The Transfer Pak only worked with GBC games. Not with N64 games. And the method was the 'hot-swap' thing.

Old 26th July 2007, 03:01 PM
Dingpot

BKGR was supposed to originally be on GBC.

Straight from the VG Archives (the @s mean dead game)

RAREWARE:
@Banjo-Kazooie [N64]
@Banjo-Tooie [N64]
@BKGR [GBA] {canceled}
@BKGR [GBA]
@Conker Quest [N64] {canceled}
@Conker's 12 Tales [N64] {canceled}
@Conker's Bad Fur Day [N64]
@Conker Live&Uncut [Xbox] {canceled}
Conker Live&Reloaded [Xbox]

Old 26th July 2007, 03:16 PM
Rare Witch Hero