Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 8th August 2007, 06:02 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Sandcastle Theory.

I just thought of something, even though it would be hard to prove. The only way we have been activating these "secret areas" is through the sandcastle code's and variables. Well...this may seem odd but IF the sandcastles were a way to test an alternate form of SNS(without swapping) then...that may be why the items are unswoppable and the menu remains stuck. This is a plain out theory, but if we have been using the "Sandcastle" triggers that are activated by the codes this whole time, how do we know that DK64 or BT's flag's would activate THESE triggers. My theory is, there may be a similar trigger in memory that is activated by swapping the games instead of entering the sandcastle codes. Would this code be detected by now? Well, if you could only activate it through swapping, then I dont think so. Although I am pretty unsure. Please question me on this.

Basically:

Sandcastle codes = unswoppable items
??????? Code = Items Swappable

Old 8th August 2007, 06:09 PM
DJ Jamjars

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 
It's a possibility. Not all too likely, but it's a possibility.

Old 8th August 2007, 06:41 PM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
Actually I'm going to run some tests on the SNS variables. I will report back in a second.

Old 8th August 2007, 07:35 PM
Dingpot

it is almost 100% possible

its 0000 first, then you open the ice key door it changes to 0200, then when you get it its 0004.

so then whats the swap value.

Old 9th August 2007, 03:37 AM
DJ Jamjars

INFECTED - B1K1 
But then again...if you collect the ice-key via moonjumping it still affects that address.

However if there was a seperate flag set in DK that make the BK swappable...that you couldn't access via the sandcastle codes or by just collecting the ice-key without first swapping from DK. The flag would address the sandcastle address as well as the theoretical swap address.

Last edited by runehero123; 9th August 2007 at 03:39 AM.