Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 23rd November 2006, 04:22 PM
Brash Breegull

Lightbulb A new idea ...

I have a new idea about the resultant bonuses that would have been acquired via Stop 'n' Swop: What if whatever could have been unlocked with it was made either unlockable via in-game means or already available to you in B-T? I mean, there's already so much stuff in that game that you can get at ... I think the multiplayer mode might have originally been meant as a surprise for anyone who could unlock it via SnS - after all, the first game was only 1 player, so people would be expecting the sequel to be the same way, right? Perhaps the Bottles' Revenge mode is the only thing it might have unlocked that isn't available anymore. Maybe the removal of the activator for it was an accident, even.
If this is what they'd done, then I think they'd want to hide their tracks by throwing in some false clues (i.e. the pictures in Jolly's) to throw people off.

I think this would make sense since it doesn't necessarily go against anything we know, and it seems like a plausible thing for Rare to do with their stuff so it wouldn't go to waste.

P_L for Registered User

Last edited by P_L; 23rd November 2006 at 04:24 PM.

Old 23rd November 2006, 04:29 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
i personally think that bottles revenge was the reward for sns, but as they could not do sns, they would make it another option in bt, but canned it and killed the activator

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 23rd November 2006, 05:22 PM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Nice idea but there is problem...Rare promised multiplayer in BT Tepid Seat so this is not suprise from SNS.

Old 26th November 2006, 01:12 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoPL
Nice idea but there is problem...Rare promised multiplayer in BT Tepid Seat so this is not suprise from SNS.
I don't think he meant that it had to be multiplayer, I think he just picked something that he thought could have been it.

Anyways, I think that is a very good idea. One of the few logical ideas I've seen in this board.

Old 26th November 2006, 03:43 AM
Brash Breegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo mumbo
I don't think he meant that it had to be multiplayer, I think he just picked something that he thought could have been it.
Yeah, multiplayer was just the first thing that came to mind when I thought of what I wouldn't've expected in B-T had I known only that it was a B-K sequel and nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo mumbo
Anyways, I think that is a very good idea. One of the few logical ideas I've seen in this board.
I try to make my ideas (relatively) logical when it comes to theorizing. :d

There could be any number of things that could've been unlocked via Stop 'n' Swop and are now available directly in the game ... too many to come up with a list.

P_L for Registered User

Old 26th November 2006, 03:52 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Thumbs up Thumbs Up

P_L, you certainly come up with the majority of the "good ideas" having relation to SNS on this board. I agree with what you said and give you a thumbs up!