Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 23rd December 2006, 12:30 AM
Brash Breegull

That was very interesting and makes a strong case for SNS being incomplete. Bk SNS is fully there , But Bt SNS is most likely missing critical elements , to make it work . Very good job Gaming Master2K , That made perfect sense and sounds reasonable. Very convincing info.

Old 23rd December 2006, 12:58 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
"Bottles Revenge is a side-game in Banjo-Tooie in which a second player can control an enemy from the single-player game using the character of Devil Bottles. Originally believed to have been removed before release, it was uncovered by Ice Mario and SubDrag in September 2004. It begins with a cutscene showing Angel Bottles turning into Devil Bottles and explaining the premise of the side-game. Player 2 can control any enemy near Devil Bottles (such enemies are marked by purple "sparklies"). "

From the RWP Wiki.

Old 23rd December 2006, 03:18 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
"Bottles Revenge is a side-game in Banjo-Tooie in which a second player can control an enemy from the single-player game using the character of Devil Bottles. Originally believed to have been removed before release, it was uncovered by Ice Mario and SubDrag in September 2004. It begins with a cutscene showing Angel Bottles turning into Devil Bottles and explaining the premise of the side-game. Player 2 can control any enemy near Devil Bottles (such enemies are marked by purple "sparklies"). "

From the RWP Wiki.
Thank you for that detailed info. But...how do you unlock it?

And...Sub and Ice were the people who found it? That's terrific! That's so cool!

Old 23rd December 2006, 03:32 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
You can find the detailed information on the find and on the codes right here. You will, however, need a Gameshark or an Action Replay.

Old 23rd December 2006, 07:21 AM
Jinjo

One thing still lingers. If they REALLY wanted to implement it, they should have used the save pack. Why they never did, we will never know.

Old 23rd December 2006, 11:11 AM
Missing Hero

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
1."Banjo-Tooie CAN'T transfer data to Banjo-Kazooie but Banjo-Kazooie CAN transfer data to Banjo-Tooie."

Idea:
After completing Banjo-Tooie on 100%(this has something to Blackeye or some event) you will unlocked Ridiculously Secret Area 1.There you will get sandcastle code(s )for BK(sinpost).Then you will come back to BK,type code(s) and collect SNS item(s)Then switch off Nintendo 64 and insert Banjo-Tooie.You will go to Ridiculously Secret Area 1 where...item(s) transfered from Banjo-Kazooie will wait for you!!!

Maybe we already transfered item(s) to BT but we don't know about this(we have item(s) on SNS screen in BK but maybe item(s) is/are just "copied" to BT so it/they still in BK too) We don't know about this because we not found Ridiculously Secret Area 1 in Banjo-Tooie where item(s) are.Why? Because this is ridiculously secret! It will be revealed in Banjo-Threeie. Maybe thats why Rare said that we are pretty close? Many of us used sandcastle codes,collected SNS items,then inserted Banjo-Tooie via cold swapping.Maybe we do Stop 'N' Swop and we don't know about this?
What you think about this speculation?

2.Homework from whiteboard in Grabbed By The Ghoulies(many RWP members think that this is joke but you never know...)

1.collect ice key
2.collect egg s
3.activate secret level
Three maps with X:
top-left:???
top-right:Captain's'Cabin map with X on Red Egg
down-right:Nabnut's House map with X on Yellow Egg
Egg(not damaged),Egg(damaged),Egg(damaged),Egg(damaged),Ke y(not damaged)=?

Most srange stuff from whiteboard is Captain's'Cabin map with X on Red Egg.We can't found Red Egg in BT.Why Rare put X on Red Egg???
I think that "activate secret level" is joke OR this is refrence to Ridiculously Secret Area 1 in BT.

3.Stop 'N' Swop=Bottles' Revenge

"Even further, the information could include larger blocks of data for adding an entirely new feature to another program, such as an entire textured model of a character for a video game, various text statements, standard sound effect sampls, and a table of attributes that govern that character's features and abilities" (Rare's Stop 'N' Swop Patent June 1999)
This looks like as Bottles' Revenge description!!!

There are Devil Bottles pictures in GBTG.
X on Red Egg on whiteboard,Devil Bottles pictures...
Red Egg=Bottles' Revenge ???
I agree with GM2K.If there is/was secret level in BT and there are/were 10 extra jiggies then possible Bottles' Revenge was/is reward for getting all 100 jiggies(90 jiggies+10 extra jiggies from secret level)
Another possiblity is that Bottles' Revenge was/is reward from one of SNS eggs...possible red egg.
I always think that Stop 'N' Swop will unlock Bottles' Revenge legally.
Now you probably say "Why you believe that SNS will unlock Bottles' Revenge!? Rare said on last Scribes that BR was dropped so CASE CLOSED!" Well...I think that Rare lied on December 2006 Scribes.They know that Bottles' Revenge is "last hope" for SNS believers.I think that they have plan with it for BK3 so they want stop us(like in Banjo-Pilot where they said something like "stop searching SNS and swap games for nice book or something"
Plus in November 2001(some monts after BT's release) Rare said on Scribes that Devil Bottles IS in a SECRET SUBGAME called Bottles' Revenge.In March 2005 so some months after Bottles' Revenge discovery Rare said on Scribes that guys at RWP are PRETTY CLOSE to solving SNS.
As i said i think that Rare have plan with old SNS for BK3 but it is in "danger" because there are still SNS believers who searching answer.So they put on Scribes fact that should "destroy" SNS believers's hope so Rare's plan with SNS for BK3 would be safety untill game's release(i hope so that will happen in 2007)
Or maybe Rare's answer on last Scribes mean only that they confirmed that they canned only "Boss Mode" in BR.This explanate Devil Bottles's text:"Its looks like that i'm not need here.See ya later!" when we are in "Boss Area".

Sorry about looooong post but this represent my actually SNS ideas...

Last edited by BanjoPL; 23rd December 2006 at 01:42 PM.

Old 23rd December 2006, 07:10 PM
Glowbo

wow, great work there. Some pretty impressive research!

Old 24th December 2006, 06:17 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
All your theories are valid, but I'm stucking by my sig. It doesn't matter of someone said we should get 4/6 eggs because of speed variations, it doesn't matter if someone says that the camra zooms in on the lever on Tower Room (weird though), but GM2K put everything together, with how it was to work.

That is enough for me. That is SNS. It is what SNS was, how it was to be done.

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 24th December 2006, 07:31 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
You know, after reading this, I feel very honored that I played Animal Crossing with you.

Seriously though, You spent a lot of time and effort on that. Even though I am a NOOB, you have earned my respect. (I know it's not much to brag about. )

Old 25th December 2006, 03:58 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
I think this should be stickied.

This is one of the maybe 3 or 4 rational threads here in Banjo Theories.

You make some very, very great points. What you said has confirmed what I was thinking before, that the BK half was still there But the BT half was gone, although they aren't really halves because BT has more data. Unless Rare are some sort of magicians, there's no way to have concealed anything else in BT that we haven't found, and we already found the BK half. I do believe, unless there is just an itty bitty bit left in BT that's not important at all, we've found all there is to find.

Old 26th December 2006, 08:53 AM
Mecha-Grunty

Total Awards: 8
INFECTED - B1K1 Grey Note Medal RWP Note Medal Basic Forum Rules RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award 
I'm Mr 3vil and I approve this Thread.

I agree that it should be stickied.

Last edited by Mr 3vil; 27th December 2006 at 08:53 AM.

Old 27th December 2006, 12:56 AM
Jinjo

This theory is what separates it from other mediocre theories. You did your homework with the patents.

Your sir, are a God among men in SnS researching.

Old 27th December 2006, 06:04 AM
Friendliest Member ('07 -'08)

Total Awards: 9
RWP Note Medal Thread Starter RWP Bash Day 11 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 9 Participation Award 
This remains unSticky'd because...?

Old 27th December 2006, 09:28 AM
Missing Hero

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
The most strange is that Base Egg in Banjo-Tooie changed to all 6 colours:cyan(!),pink,blue,green(!),red(!) and yellow.This probably "killed" 4 eggs theory...

Last edited by BanjoPL; 27th December 2006 at 09:37 AM.

Old 27th December 2006, 03:48 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
By god in SNS, you mean IceMario and SubDrag? XD

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige