Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 9th August 2015, 01:03 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 10
You're Appreciated! Bashful Imagination Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colonel View Post
Because it's like regular MGS3 but way way uglier?
Third Person Aiming and shooting. Something that didn't exist until MGS4 and Peace Walker, and no other version of MGS3 has because they are all just ports of the PS2 version. This means you can do things like crawl side-ways and walks while crouched. These are tactics that no other version of the game allows. And of course you can switch back to the first person aiming if you prefer it.

That's not even mentioning things like how the slide-pad makes controlled movement speeds super easy, the touch screen menus and maps keep you from digging through as many menus, and that Yoshi is often much harder to find than Kerotan with all new locations in most of the areas.

Sure there is only one save slot, there is some dumb gyroscope mechanics on balancing, and the graphics aren't the best, but these are small gripes. What this port does right more than makes up for these inconveniences. If you wanted the big high definition cinematic experience chances are you've already played the HD Collection. If you want to just play the game however, this might be the best place to play it, and at the very least it's better than the Vita version.

Old 9th August 2015, 06:48 PM
Humba Wumba

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
FF9. This game is sooooo slow. I can't remember if other PS1 FF's are the same way, but it's been 9 hours and I'm level 9. Because most of that times is spent wandering around the beginning areas with maybe 10 minutes in any situation with normal battles. So I usually get bored after like 30 minutes.

Old 9th August 2015, 10:00 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I'm playing Startropics. It handles puzzles a lot better than most other NES action/adventure games. Mike controls like a tank though.

Old 10th August 2015, 05:57 AM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed is fun but the NPC's are brutal, and so are the traffic challenges. **** those.

Old 10th August 2015, 06:22 PM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
About 13 hours into FF9. I'm failing to see why this game has a better score overall than FF8 or FF7. I didn't play FF8 but I watched my ex and it was infinitely more interesting than this game. And FF7 at least had the whole materia and chocobo breeding going for it, making for some awesome side quests. But FF9 is just... so plain. The big bad hasn't been introduced yet as far as I know, so my opinion is subject to change. But so far it seems very by the books.

Old 11th August 2015, 05:28 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
Played the demo for Akiba's Trip, woke up strapped to a table and told I was turned into some weird vampire, kept demanding the guy just gimme the damn figurines he promised, got murdered for it

Old 11th August 2015, 08:11 AM
Lord of Games

Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banjonator View Post
About 13 hours into FF9. I'm failing to see why this game has a better score overall than FF8 or FF7. I didn't play FF8 but I watched my ex and it was infinitely more interesting than this game. And FF7 at least had the whole materia and chocobo breeding going for it, making for some awesome side quests. But FF9 is just... so plain. The big bad hasn't been introduced yet as far as I know, so my opinion is subject to change. But so far it seems very by the books.
FFIX is made to be a throwback to the SNES-era Final Fantasies. If you prefer the PS1-era style, you might not like it as much.

With that said, the main reason I love FFIX so much is how great the characters are. I can't think of a single main character in the game that I dislike, and the majority I think are pretty awesome.

It's also worth noting that as the game progresses, you get more options for the battle system. Each party member has a specific role and it's good to swap them out for different situations. A friend of mine hated disc 1, didn't care for disc 2, and loved disc 3 and 4 for this reason.

I replayed FFIX last year and it's my favorite JRPG now. It has some low points but I feel like the high points more than make up for it.

Old 11th August 2015, 09:01 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Honestly think my favorite JRPG might be a toss-up between Xenogears and Trails in the Sky. Xenogears is incredible, but it's also incredibly over budget. Trails in the Sky is perfectly charming and perfectly fun to play, but it doesn't have the same kind of plot as Xenogears at all, so it's a very different thing.

Old 11th August 2015, 10:00 AM
Story of the Year '10 - '11

INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. Very pretty game. Intrigued by its story so far.

Old 11th August 2015, 03:31 PM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
100% Orange Juice got new characters, and Rad Poppo is back! Not only that, but there is now a level even further beyond Rad.

Old 11th August 2015, 06:49 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
About to re-start Chibi Robo and We Love Katamari. Also been playing through Ghoulies, and I forgot how fun that game is, and how challenging some of it can be.

Old 11th August 2015, 06:58 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

http://i.imgur.com/Q1Rm6VK.png

Old 12th August 2015, 03:10 AM
Friend of Justice

Total Awards: 9
You're Appreciated! Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I'm like this close to finishing Final Fantasy Five. I just have to get nine more weapons and I can take on the final dungeon.

Old 12th August 2015, 07:15 PM
Humba Wumba

INFECTED - B1K1 
Plodding through FF9. When the hell are these losers gonna stop splitting up and just form together into one large party so I don't have really awkward unbalanced leveled characters when they meet each other again. This game is probably gonna be on the lower end of my favorite FF games. Maybe above 12 but below all the others I've played.

Old 12th August 2015, 07:31 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox Grey Note Medal 
I hate all the changes they made in Super Mario 64 DS.

User Tag List