Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Archive > Action Replay/Gameshark hacking

Action Replay/Gameshark hacking Come in and learn to hack like the pros. ahem. yes.

Old 17th November 2008, 11:47 AM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
need a goldeneye code

I'm currently looking for a Golddeneye code. You know in levels how enemies seem to pop out of thin air? I'm looking for a code that blocks that. All the enemies that start out in the level will be there, however no new ones will come. Is there a code for this?

Old 18th November 2008, 01:27 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
That's an interesting idea. I don't know of that code, but you certainly can do it by adjusting action blocks in the GoldenEye Setup Editor.

Old 18th November 2008, 10:39 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Hmm, well I play on my 64 not an emulator. I'm not quite sure how you would use the gameshark button to make a code like this.

Old 19th November 2008, 05:21 AM
The Hero of the Hour

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
So enemies respawn when you kill them? Can't you search for 0 when the enemy is still alive then once you kill them search 1 or vice versa? ie 1 indicates that the enemy has been killed and a new one spawns?

Old 19th November 2008, 01:03 PM
McLovin

Total Awards: 3
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal Random Award 
Well, what you can do is, on each level that has spawning guards, use setup editor to find the place where it happens. Then end the action block instead of spawning guards, via GS code comparisons of that same action block section. It's not difficult if you know what you're doing but you'll need to learn how. It'll also be on a level by level basis.

Old 13th December 2008, 03:57 AM
Glowbo

That could be a nifty ASM hack if someone would figure it out. Now the assembly on GE isn't always writable, granted, but it's been done. PD's assembly is all hackable though. Maybe somebody would want to take this idea and apply it to that.

In any case, it's always refreshing to hear an idea for hacking GE that hasn't been done. Hell, I don't think it's been done to any FPS.