Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Discuss anything gaming related here. Nintendo, Xbox, Sony, PC, mobile, or even the Ouya!

Old 28th January 2020, 10:37 PM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I think I've had the most fun playing KH3 since KH2 originally came out. Didn't care much for 90% of Toybox, I would have preferred a different location, like Pizza Planet.

Old 29th January 2020, 02:58 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 INFECTED - B1K1 

I hate you. You’re disgusting. I'm gonna kill you. Give me $200.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 20th February 2020 at 12:47 AM.

Old 1st February 2020, 12:22 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Discovered something of critical importance today.

Old 1st February 2020, 01:03 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

I gotta get back to playing ReMind because this looks like KH2. I might have to do that Critical Playthrough first do I don't melt everything with Ultima Form.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 1st February 2020 at 01:11 AM.

Old 3rd February 2020, 03:44 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

I've been meaning to play the works of Yasumi Matsuno, who you might know as the creative lead on the Final Fantasy Tactics series, Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy XII.

Ogre Battle isn't the first game he worked on, but it is the first title he directed. Its spinoff/follow-up, Tactics Ogre, would serve as the base Final Fantasy Tactics was built on.

Ogre Battle is a very intimidating game when you first hop in, but it's pretty easy to pick up once you see how everything works. It's a real-time strategy with automated turn-based battles.

You make a unit with up to five characters. Each character has a class, like fighter, knight, mage, valkyrie, cleric, etc. It's pretty satisfying building a well-balanced unit and watching it destroy.

On the map, you're directing your units to liberate and occupy cities, as well as search for treasure and capture the enemy base. When your unit runs into an enemy on the field, you get pulled into a battle.

In battle, you can direct your unit to attack the enemy leader, the weakest enemy or the strongest enemy. Of course, some classes are ranged and some aren't, so who they attack depends on their placement in your unit and the placement of their target.

You can also play tarot cards, which might do damage to every enemy, cause non-boss foes to flee, grant your unit an additional turn, or many other effects. The battle ends either when one side is defeated, or after two rounds. Whoever dealt more damage is considered the winner, with the losing unit being pushed back on the map.

Where Ogre Battle gets kind of archaic is the numerous endings the game has. To get the true ending, you need to have a high alignment (think morality meter,) have recruited the right set of characters, and collect a set of particular items from the field.

Collecting the items is difficult if you don't already know where they are, since treasures are invisible until one of your units walks over them. The morality is also a pain, because it's determined by a lot of little weird things.

Beating higher-leveled foes adds alignment points, beating lower-level foes deducts points. Beating an enemy unit after their leader has been killed deducts points. Taking control of cities with matching alignment raisies your alignment, otherwise it's deducted. Sparing/executing bosses can raise or lower your alignment depending on the boss.

It sounds really complicated, but it hasn't been too bad thus far. I've been writing objectives down in a notebook to make sure I don't miss anything vital. As far as gameplay goes, it's aged suprisingly well. The interface is pretty user-friendly once you figure out what it all is, and a lot of satisfaction comes from just building solid units and watching them go.

Another interesting tidbit, Ogre Battle and March of the Black Queen are both the names of Queen songs. Let Us Cling Together, the subtitle of Tactics Ogre, also shares its name with a work from Queen.

Old 5th February 2020, 03:47 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Old 10th February 2020, 05:23 AM
Von Kriplespac

You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
I finally managed to Ocarina of Time with entrance randomizer on. It was a long arduous process that took three days, with plenty of note taking and getting lost. I got confused for a good while when I forgot I had Lens of Truth requirements set to minimum and thought I was doing Shadow Temple out of logic. By the way, did you know that Ganon's Castle Spirit Trial has an invisible chest randomly next to a torch? It just so happened to have the last key I needed and took an additional half-hour of aimless wandering to find.

Also I've gotten back into playing Kerbal Space Program. It's been years since I tried it, and I forgot how fun it is. I got Jeb on The Mun. I didn't get him off though.

Old 11th February 2020, 02:31 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Big Bob.

Call him Big Bob.

Old 13th February 2020, 03:16 AM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

Old 13th February 2020, 06:06 AM
Grunty's Reject

Total Awards: 1
You're Appreciated! 

Still one of my favorite games

Old 15th February 2020, 07:27 PM
Quote of the Year '10 - '11

Total Awards: 5
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Chatterbox INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Finally finished Dark Souls II the other week after what felt like an eternity trying to slog through the last dozen or so hours of that game. Well, I say 'finished' but in reality I got Nashandra down to one hit left and died, only to just do increasingly worse on subsequent attempts. As far as I'm concerned I finished that game and I doubt I will ever return to it, at least not in the foreseeable future. Fortunately, Dark Souls III seems to be an improvement in just about every way and I'm only a few hours in so far.

Old 19th February 2020, 08:42 PM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I don't care what year it is- I will always love Steamed Hams

" Aurora Borealis?! At this time of year at this time of day in this part of the country, localized entirely within your smartphone?!"

"Yes!"

"..may I see it?"

Old 20th February 2020, 02:07 AM
Formerly Chilli

Total Awards: 8
Bashful Imagination Game On Rarity Chatterbox 
I earn enough gems to try for the spotlight character at least twice each time, and I hardly ever get them. Bunch of garbo babies . I want pretty Rosalina.

I just started the Re Mind DLC for KH3. Aside from the cutscenes feeling longer, nothing is different so far...nearly 3 hours in??? Maybe I don't remember the end too well, but afaicr, the fights have all been the same... Except I can kill anything in about 10 seconds because level 99 with Ultima Weapon.

Old 20th February 2020, 02:14 AM
Mercury Star Power, Make Up~!

Total Awards: 10
Awesome Default Medal You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Imagination Game On 
I just save up for when there's something good, but there hasn't been a whole lot I really really want. I sort of regret not trying for Bus Driver Waluigi but I used those gems for the New Year rerun and managed Witch Rosalina after not pulling it during the Halloween event so I'm satisfied. I did not, however, care to try for Cupid Baby Peach.

Old 20th February 2020, 08:04 PM
Formerly Super_Nintendo6

If you’re a free player in a gacha, you’re going to want to mostly save whatever currency the game uses for pulls. It’s by no means a guarantee you’ll get what you want, but more tries are more tries. Blowing your gems as soon as you can get a 10 pull is just gonna leave you without gems when something you really want has a rate-up.

If you’re not a free player, be careful, set a spending limit. Sunken cost fallacy is nothing to **** with.

Last edited by Solid Snix; 20th February 2020 at 08:09 PM.

User Tag List