Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 11th September 2005, 04:45 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaorBR
Now this went really off-topic. Better lock this before it gets worse.
How did this get off-topic? Someone posted a fake hoax. We all knew it. Heck, the first page is full of all of us saying "Yeah, that's fake." Then the topic moved to hoaxs in general and the more famous ones in the history of video games (like Pokémon and all that). So, how did it get off-topic? We are talking about hoaxs. Plain and simple.

Old 11th September 2005, 08:35 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
I meant the first person glitch... and after the third page it actually went off-topic, with MissingNo, Mew and all.
Dunno why you are so upset.
Even if this went off-topic it's still fine, since there were no spam or flaming

Old 11th September 2005, 09:34 PM
Glowbo

Bwahaha, I'm glad everyone here has been inspired to recall gradeschool memories after my mention of the pokégods. I know we're getting off topic, but SRSLY, remember stuff like "Artizapmewtres", "Pikablu", and.. Who else was there? There were all variations of Charizards and Venusaurs and stuff. Hehe, I used to be so amazed at the idea of pokégods.

Old 11th September 2005, 09:59 PM
Dingpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Angel
How did this get off-topic? Someone posted a fake hoax. We all knew it. Heck, the first page is full of all of us saying "Yeah, that's fake." Then the topic moved to hoaxs in general and the more famous ones in the history of video games (like Pokémon and all that). So, how did it get off-topic? We are talking about hoaxs. Plain and simple.
It is irrelevant if you are talking about hoaxes in general. There is a specific board for that, off-topic is off-topic, no matter how you try to link it.

Old 12th September 2005, 12:41 AM
Glowbo

Easy to see how it got off topic. Somebody posts a "cheat" for a BK or BT game. People know it's fake, and start to recall other fake cheats they've seen for BK or BT. Then other people bust in recalling funny cheats they've seen in the past. And then everyone explodes because, oh no, it's gotten off topic.

So somebody move it or close it! ;p

Old 12th September 2005, 07:02 PM
Brash Breegull

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkerdroit
Easy to see how it got off topic. Somebody posts a "cheat" for a BK or BT game. People know it's fake, and start to recall other fake cheats they've seen for BK or BT. Then other people bust in recalling funny cheats they've seen in the past. And then everyone explodes because, oh no, it's gotten off topic.

So somebody move it or close it! ;p

Quoted for emphasis.

So I won't go off-topic, uhh...the cheat is fake. Yeeeah.

Old 12th September 2005, 09:27 PM
Admin of Awesome

Total Awards: 21
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Chatterbox SteamLink Verified 
Off topicness doesn't always get a topic locked. It's often when the off topicness is just spam then it gets locked. All the talk about MissingNo, Mew, SM64 it was fine.

Error ID: 10T. Rage Buffer overflow.

Old 13th September 2005, 02:51 AM
Jinjo

Well, since that's settled, I've got another top-secret code that no one's found yet. In Doom 64, in the level 'Breakdown', there's a series of invisible switches that, when triggered, activate a secret room with a hidden message in it. Unfortunately, no one's ever found it, and the level designers don't remember how to do it. Can YOU find it? (I couldn't locate any of the switches... apparently, when you're over one and you try to press the wall, DoomGuy doesn't do his usual "rrrngh!" sound.)

1949-2005

Old 18th September 2005, 02:03 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1flame39
Well I'm new but my buddy cross stinger typed this up don't know if false maybe.
If you go to supercheats.com you know who he is yes this is l;ong but try it if youv'e haven't collected the items and have everything!

Finally, after 7 long, gruelling years, the answer of Stop 'N' Swop is revealed!

First off, beat Banjo-Kazooie with all 100 Jiggies, 900 Notes--e3verything.

After you beat Gruntilda, and Mumbo has shown you the secret pictures, return to the Treasure Trove Cove. Type in the following code: CHEAT ICOULDNEVERDOITBEFORENOWPLEASELETMEOPENTHEVALLEYDO OR.

If you typed the code in right, you'll here the Secret anthem, and a cutscene will start.
Mumbo Jumbo will be standing at the unopenable door in Gobi's Valley. "Ah, bear and bird clever to find Mumbo magic spell." He will then begin a magic spell, and when he's finished, a giant beam will hit the door and it will be severly damaged. "Bear and bird must finish job," he will explain.

When you arrive in the Valley, ride the magic carpets until you get to Mumbo at the door. Beak Barge it, and it will break down! Run inside and Mumbo will follow. Once you are inside, hit the button to open the sarcaphegous -- the Mystery Blue Egg! Once you have it, Mumbo will tell you to meet him in the entrance to Grunty's Lair. Once you arrive, the giant portait of the warty hag will be gone -- and there will be a room behind it!

Run inside, it turns out to be a small machine room, and plop the Mystery Blue Egg on the corresponding pad. Jump on the Banjo pad and Mumbo will take the controls. "OK, in order to get Ice Key, you guys need help from ape friend. Please wait while the game dumps memory to the N64..." once it has finished, Mumbo will speak again, "OK, please insert Donkey Kong 64 within 60 seconds, or must start over."

Do as he says! Once DK64 is in, you will automatically be in the Kongs jungle home. Climb up to Donkey Kong's house, and chat with him. Banjo will convince DK that they really need his help getting the Ice Key, and he will agree, and another memory dumping will have to take place. Once it's done, you'll be zapped away, and must insert BanjoKazooie within 60 seconds. You will appear back in the small machine room. Run to the Freezeezy Peaks, and once you're inside Wozza's Cave, switch to DK (L Button) and smash the Ice Wall. Grab the Ice Key and DK will be zapped back home.

Return to the machine room, and put the Key on it's pad. Mumbo will press a few more buttons, and the sign on Sharkfood Island in TTC will be blown off, revealing a keyhole. The key will automatically warp to the Island, and raise it. Run to Treasure Trove Cove and jump into every nook, one by one, until you reach the top. The Pink Egg is yours. You can plop the final secret item on it's pad. (The other four, accesed by debug codes, are poison eggs, in the sense that they ruin the entire process and make it defunct.)

You will have to switch to Banjo Tooie now. You will appear in the same spot as you were in BK, but in front of you will be the "Tooie-versions" of Banjo, Kazooie, and Mumbo. Mumbo will remark "Ignore any time paradoxes this would normally cause, and put the Eggs and Key on their new pads." Once you do, all the rocks in the lair will be blown up, allowing you to access each of the old levels! You may get one Jigsaw from each of the nine worlds (and one of the Lair's Jiggies) from BK, to add up to 10 extra jiggies! (If you have completed BT as well, you should now have one hundred Jiggies, and twelve in reserve -- two left over from BK and the ten you have just collected. Return to the top of the tower, and you will be greeted by a mind-controlled Bottles! He will lock off the very top with one last Jigsaw puzzle -- one requiring all twelve spare Jiggies. Curiously enough, it forms the image of the "Devil" Bottles. And you'll see why after you beat him (easy, considering you've got two Banjos, Kazooies and Mumbos.) His spirit will rise from his beaten body -- in demon form.He will send the BK Banjo and Kazooie back to their time, and he will send you back to the beginning of the game -- Sprial Mountain, directly after the opening video. He will do the speech seen on the Rare Witch Project. (www.rarewitchproject.com) and you and a friend can relive the game, with Devil Bottles! This new file will be on a "File Four" to the very far right of the Game Select menu -- with Devil Bottles' portait.

This is all that Rare has released about SnS, and this may be all that there is to it. All I know now thogh, however, is this works, and I'm glad we know it does, after 7 long years.
nah i don't think that could happen

Old 22nd September 2005, 09:37 PM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Alright, if anyone cares, I know who typed that code.
It's someone you all know well.
The evil, the demon.
The slightly smelly.

Me.

Don't ask why I just got bored one day, then to add to the illusion that an idiot wrote it, I posted it on supercheats under the name "Grunty Winnybunky," a mangled version of Grunty's real name.

Now, can discussion on this coded close? I tried to make it as obviously fake as possible, but obviously did not succeed, as some people fell for it.

IT'S FAKE. I MADE IT. THANKS FOR WATCHING.

(waits for the torches and pitchforks.)