Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

View Poll Results: Dis sheet fo' real mofo?
YA RLY 22 26.83%
NO WAI 60 73.17%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th August 2007, 10:01 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
Well since it is in Grunty's Lair in a place we've been to before in Banjo-Kazooie, wouldn't you find that quite ridiculous?

Old 9th August 2007, 12:30 AM
Lord of Games

Total Awards: 2
Game On INFECTED - B1K1 
I wish people would stop yelling out "IT'S FAKE!" without providing any evidence. By evidence, I don't mean, "It looks photshopped so it must be fake!" I don't think it's real either, but I'm not gonna throw away the idea without proper evidence first.

Old 9th August 2007, 12:48 AM
Brash Breegull

RWP Bash Day 10 Participation Award 
i'm not ruling anthing out since we havn't found the RSA yet (well some of us) but at the same time it doesn't look very convincing at all

Old 9th August 2007, 12:48 AM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
I'm going to say, this is either EXTREMELY well edited (with the aid of an image hack in the game perhaps), or this origionally was the RSA, but was removed at one point in development. Maybe there was a certain point in the game where you were able to break the rocks in Grunty's Lair? Maybe there is still a tiny bit of code left over for the rocks breaking?

Old 9th August 2007, 12:52 AM
Strangest Member '08 - '10

Total Awards: 6
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
There's no platform in which you could take such a screenshot from in BK.
Yes there is. Remember that little concave opening where the portrait of Clanker's Cavern was? The shot could have been taken from there. In fact, judging by how dark the room appears, I suspect it may even have been shopped by that same dude on the French site that had all these images of Banjo in areas of Click Clock that had been very badly edited. I guess we're getting a little desperate looking for the answer, but I can almost assure you that this is not it.

Old 9th August 2007, 01:00 AM
Dingpot

if you stand on the platform where the clanker picture is, you'll be in the opposite angle, theres only one explanation.

the room was hacked to have an invisable platform, ive done that a million times, it would work perfectly, then photoshoped afterwards.

Old 9th August 2007, 01:02 AM
Grunty's Reject

As Greatman said, it's too perfect to be fake...
There's no loopholes we can see, it's even tinted green like the game!

Old 9th August 2007, 01:12 AM
Grunty's Reject

I've tried to brighten it up, as most image editors try to darken pics to hide mistakes, and I can't see any:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z.../RSAbright.jpg

Old 9th August 2007, 01:16 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Very nice Banjo-Forty! And with that, more speculation comes about. Notice the tunnel above the ramp--that should lead to the area with the waterfall--is blocked.

EDIT: Just noticed something else too. There's a boulder that looks a bit similar to those blocking the area in the Entrance just beneath Grunty's face.

Old 9th August 2007, 01:19 AM
Grunty's Reject

We already knew there was a rock on the Grunty face Hylian, but keen eye on the next door blocked!

Old 9th August 2007, 04:44 AM
I Wanna Be The Admin

Total Awards: 13
INFECTED - B2K1 Reminiscence Wiki-Master Awesome Default Medal INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo-Forty
We already knew there was a rock on the Grunty face Hylian, but keen eye on the next door blocked!
Not what he meant. He's talking about the boulders in the VERY bottom right of the picture, not the one on her face.

Old 9th August 2007, 04:48 AM
Grunty's Reject

Those would be the same rocks from the entrance wouldn't they? I mean its from the tunnel in the entrance lair. So when you moved the rocks, they'd be up there right?

Old 9th August 2007, 04:52 AM
Dingpot

I photoshopped the "Riddiculously secret area" so it almost looks like BK Graphics...There are some things to notice about this picture...

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...hopproject.jpg

1. The Rock In Grunty's Eye...
2. The Bridge to the Click Clock Wood's Picture area is Broken...
3. There's a rock in the doorway to that room...
4. The Light coming from above the Grunty Face, once a green color, is now black...
5. There is a Rock under the picture.
6. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE'S A ROCK BLOCKING THE ENTRANCE TO THE MAIN GRUNTY'S LAIR AREA. At the right edge of the picture, and up a little.
7. Lining the Grunty Picture, is just a RAMP. No Stairs...When Stairs originally lined said picture...
&
8. The black rocks around the bottom of the Ramp Looks alot moldier, alot more Black than in BK.
9. No shadow under the bridge...

Now, if you don't believe me, take a look at this photo i snatched thanks to PJ64. It was the original Room In BK.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...opproject2.jpg

I'm starting to believe this guy...

Old 9th August 2007, 04:55 AM
Von Kriplespac

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
Maybe it is real... Just maybe.

Old 9th August 2007, 05:11 AM
Jolly Rodger

RWP Note Medal 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanjoFreak12
I photoshopped the "Riddiculously secret area" so it almost looks like BK Graphics...There are some things to notice about this picture...

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...hopproject.jpg

1. The Rock In Grunty's Eye...
2. The Bridge to the Click Clock Wood's Picture area is Broken...
3. There's a rock in the doorway to that room...
4. The Light coming from above the Grunty Face, once a green color, is now black...
5. There is a Rock under the picture.
6. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE'S A ROCK BLOCKING THE ENTRANCE TO THE MAIN GRUNTY'S LAIR AREA. At the right edge of the picture, and up a little.
7. Lining the Grunty Picture, is just a RAMP. No Stairs...When Stairs originally lined said picture...
&
8. The black rocks around the bottom of the Ramp Looks alot moldier, alot more Black than in BK.
9. No shadow under the bridge...

Now, if you don't believe me, take a look at this photo i snatched thanks to PJ64. It was the original Room In BK.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...opproject2.jpg

I'm starting to believe this guy...
Wait. So how did you get that exact same camera angle?