Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 13th February 2004, 10:34 AM
Brash Breegull

where the ice key lies

Obviously due to the work of Subdrag and Ice Mario, DK64 has connections to B-K. But how is any of this proveable?

One word: pedestal.

In Creepy Castle, there is a mysterious pedestal whose purpose remains a mystery. But perhaps duing a "swopping mission" that was its residence?

(sorry if someone already thought of it)

Old 14th February 2004, 08:28 PM
Glowbo

I don't know if that has to do with it, but it has no purppose that I can see... I think it's another mystery! But another unusual thing is that the computers in K.Rool's room (Hideout Helm) all show the full moon from Creepy Castle, but why would K.Rool be interested in the moon?

Old 16th February 2004, 03:34 AM
Dingpot

what are you talking about
I have the game and Ive never seen it

Old 17th February 2004, 04:29 AM
Glowbo

This is offtopic but...

Cyberen, did you know your scribes message (If you sighed it Cyberen.) and your RPA (Rubbish Picture Attachement, as called by RARE.) was posted on scribes...I will find it for you..

Last edited by Grey Jinjo; 17th February 2004 at 11:18 PM.

Old 17th February 2004, 09:35 PM
Dingpot

I think I remember coming accross that pedestal when I had DK64. Was it in that room in Creepy Castle with all the windows and that small house thing? Can't remember what was in the room exactly, but this does sound familiar.

Old 18th February 2004, 03:12 AM
Brash Breegull

please do, Gondor.

I want it in full RPA glory and HTML format! Please!

Old 19th February 2004, 06:51 PM
Glowbo

I remmember that room..... it chould just be a dead end to confuse you when your trying to warp to the golden bannana or what ever you where suppost to find in that place. (I don't remmember)

Old 7th March 2004, 10:16 AM
Bunnycomb

Could you get a picture of this pedestal?

I don't remember it.

Old 7th March 2004, 07:04 PM
Brash Breegull

it's in the museum hallway in Creepy Castle. You need Chunky to see it from the hallway or tiny to teleport to it.

Old 16th April 2004, 03:21 AM
Clanker

Didn't that pedistal hold a bannana or something? I'll have to check. I havn't played the game for ages.
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Old 23rd April 2004, 05:12 AM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
I don't remember it holding a banana. I've always wondered about that thing too.

Also, I've been listening to the DK64 Soundtrack CD, and practically all of the songs (including boss fight songs) are in B-K and B-T at some point.

Old 23rd April 2004, 05:03 PM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian1
Also, I've been listening to the DK64 Soundtrack CD, and practically all of the songs (including boss fight songs) are in B-K and B-T at some point.
I don't know about that, but since Grant Kirkhope did the music in BK/BT and worked with Beanland in DK64, the music would obviously have the same style... perhaps sound a bit the same.

Old 23rd April 2004, 05:37 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 1
RWP Note Medal 
No, I am serious! You've no idea how similar the music is! If you've played the games as much as I have and can immediately recognize a tune from one or the other, you'll know what I mean. When you're playing the games, you don't pay much attention to the familiarity of the music because you're also hearing the Sound FX. But when you're just listening to the music alone, you can immediately notice familiarity of the songs. Now I am not saying the entire song is the same, but parts of almost of the songs were on B-T and B-K. I think the boss fight them where you fight Lord Woo FaK Fak on B-T and the theme where you fight the water boss using Lanky in DK 64 is EXACTLY the same!

Old 23rd April 2004, 10:02 PM
Runaway from the Past

Total Awards: 5
INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 4 Participation Award RWP Bash Day 1 Participation Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian1
I think the boss fight them where you fight Lord Woo FaK Fak on B-T and the theme where you fight the water boss using Lanky in DK 64 is EXACTLY the same!
They're not. Same style and almost identical instrument samples, but they are by no means the same song. I've yet to find a case where the songs are exactly the same between BK/BT and DK64. Even Advent isn't the same as Fungi Forest: it's extremely similar, but not the same.

Old 24th April 2004, 05:25 PM
Glowbo

Used for the Ice Key? I suppose it's logical. That pedestal was originally the topic for discussions about the Scroll of Gameplaying Honor that Cranky mentioned as a joke in the DK64 instruction manual.