Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 30th June 2005, 04:31 AM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
either I'm tweaked or the SNS gods are talking to me...(I SWEAR no fakeys)

something freakish happened to me. quick summary: random egg speeds, ice key half gone, new sandcastle code, and 'ghost' egg?????????

don't stop reading. I am not making this up.

anyways, I did the dingpot glitch on the last level I'm sure your should be familiar with (when I read about the glitch, I didn't read the part on how to solve it ) so I reset the system and proceeded to the sandcastle to re-enter the codes. after I was done, I got kinda bored and decided to punch in some random words just for the heck of it. I eventually tried 'rareware'. nothing happened except for the 'r' and 'e' that was supposed to spell 'redfeathers'. after I was done, I checked on my Stop 'N' Swop menu, and guess what? the eggs were all spinning at the same fast speed, and after a while, they switched speeds. I doubt this is normal. also, half of the ice key was missing. I was staring with a confused look on my face, then at the bottom of the screen, I saw a very vague, egg-shaped transparent object with the slighter more noticable question mark spinning around on it. it disappeared a couple seconds later . I was sitting there shocked for a few minuets, then decided to get up and get on here to post it. but it was 7:30 in the morning and my computer was still asleep lol. I just got the chance to get on. after a while, I unpaused it, then went back to the menu. everything seemed normal. I repeated it and entered the 'code' again and got the ice key and eggs messed, but still no ghost egg .

Old 30th June 2005, 04:39 AM
Ph.D

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Wow. A 7th egg? coughblackeggmaynotbefakebutithinkitisthisisalongc oughcough

Old 30th June 2005, 04:41 AM
Clanker

Location: holding a paper with the answer to SNS on it. I don't dare read it though...
and to answer coming questions, it wasn't a glare. the lights were out and it was just about sunrise when I discovered the egg. about the 7 AM part, I was staring at the screen and trying everything I could to make it reappear for about an hour....

Old 30th June 2005, 04:45 AM
Brash Breegull

I don't think you're lying, but I don't think it was SNS either. I just think that whole Dingpot glitch caused the whole game to start glitching up, making half the ice key disappear and mistakenly placing a copy of one of the eggs in ghost form on the menu. I don't think its a seventh egg, just one of the other eggs or the base egg. Its not SNS, just a really freaky glitch.

Old 30th June 2005, 04:47 AM
Clanker

no, the dingpot glitch has happened to me several times but not this, and it didn't happened until I put in the 'code'....what do you mean 'base egg'?

Old 30th June 2005, 04:53 AM
Brash Breegull

Its the base model for all the SNS eggs. All the eggs are based on that one. And maybe the Dingpot glitch just caused strange things to happen elsewhere in the game, glitching up the sandcastle so that strange things would happen when you typed in that combination of letters. And was your cartridge pushed into the N64 properly? 'Cause funky things have happened when people haven't had the cartridges in the system all the way, some things have worked while others have gone haywire.

Old 30th June 2005, 04:57 AM
Clanker

the cartridge was fine, AND I TURNED OFF THE N64. like I said, the glitch has happened to me several times, but not the SNS part.

Old 30th June 2005, 05:46 AM
Dingpot

hey, I had the same ice key glitch. It happens when the ice key spins on a black exit wall, to take you to another area. As for the egg.I have no idea.

Old 30th June 2005, 06:33 AM
Clanker

hhmm. Are you sure you weren't dreaming?

This could possibly be a coinsidence to the white mystery egg, but I think it's either a glitch or a dream...
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P

Old 30th June 2005, 07:10 AM
Dingpot

Seeing ghosts are we? *creepy music*

Old 30th June 2005, 10:13 AM
Glowbo

What dingpot glitch? You got a link to it?

Old 30th June 2005, 05:52 PM
Jolly Rodger

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B1K1 
I'll try your "code" out when I get the chance and see what happens for me.

Old 1st July 2005, 01:48 AM
Glowbo

white mystery egg? explain, please

Old 1st July 2005, 03:01 AM
Clanker

1. dingpot glitch: I did something (either it was resetting the game during the witch fight {so I could do it again} or using the cauldran [behind entrance to gruntys fun furnace and just up the flight of stairs] before it was supposed to be available) cause me to be able to get inside dingpot, but he wouldn't shoot me to the top.

2. white mystery egg: you've heard of the black mystery egg hoax, right? someone did the same thing with a white mystery egg on the other side of the key.

3. someone else who's fixed the dingpot glitch: tell me how to fix it

editZ: yeah, I still haven't fixed it

4. you said something about a coincidence? the 'rareware' "code" could just have been a coincedence with the egg speed glitch and the other egg.

5. I have been known to get tweaked off Dr. Pepper, which happened to be what was keeping me up 'till 7AM.

Last edited by crosseyes; 1st July 2005 at 03:05 AM.

Old 1st July 2005, 03:48 AM
Clanker

How far back have you known about the black and white eggs in BK and BT? I've known about them since 2002.

^the rumors obviously
Member since 2001. Don't believe the lies. I remember the great shut down event of the forums... all them long months of horrific silence... until forums version 3 came out! *rocks in chair* punch anyone? ;P