Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Homebrew Games and Tools

Homebrew Games and Tools If you've created a trainer, texture editor, or a full-blown fangame we'd like to see it here. Show off your mad programming skills.

Closed Thread

Old 29th October 2015, 03:54 AM
Grunty's Reject

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
So you pretty much have to do some independent research at this point.
no, mojobojo knows how! I'll do some research on C#, but also wait for some advice from him. He's done the mod before.
- I can't give up now! Not when I'm so close. Just remember the replies that cheered me up.
I need a reply that is helpful, like these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojobojo View Post
Weighta, I took a quick look. What you are going to need to do is download and compile my CAFF extractor (can be found here) and extract the file "Game\Bundle\4f\234cec". There will be a file output with the name "aid_vehicle_banjox_general_golfcart,1219826133,3. 32". There are some other files like that too. Those are the vehicle files that I think need to be modified.
Quote:
I'll answer two questions:
A) It's C# code
B) You'll need visual studio

Good luck.
I just need one of these good, helpful, replies to tell me how to use CAFF extractor in Visual Studio. -And I'm pretty much then done.

Last edited by weighta1; 29th October 2015 at 04:33 AM.

Old 29th October 2015, 11:09 PM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
You have gone the exact wrong way about getting help on this.
Sorry, I'm doing my best, but just figuring out how to get CAFF extractor to correspond to 234cec will be the goal. Someone wouldn't tell me how to do it unless it's really complicated.
Quote:
Yeah, and he told you he wouldn't help you.
mojobojo is a nice guy! He looked at how to mod the game for me. So i'm kind of sure he would finish what he started? Right?

Last edited by weighta1; 29th October 2015 at 11:13 PM.

Old 30th October 2015, 12:00 AM
Dingpot

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by weighta1 View Post
So i'm kind of sure he would finish what he started? Right? :)
I frequently don't finish what I start. Most of my projects get only partially done because I get bored after prototyping. Here however I really didn't start anything. I did a lot of stuff with Nuts and Bolts and was happy to share some information that I already knew. Anything past that is up to you to figure out.

Old 30th October 2015, 12:06 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
I frequently don't finish what I start. Most of my projects get only partially done because I get bored after prototyping. Here however I really didn't start anything. I did a lot of stuff with Nuts and Bolts and was happy to share some information that I already knew. Anything past that is up to you to figure out.
Well, alright fair enough. The 2nd thing I could swap for a request is if maybe you could hand me a modified 234cec that already has a custom vehicle to it? That is in Showdown Town. It's against the rules to publicly post a link, but could you PM me it?

-That would be kind! If you wouldn't mind!
I would probably be done with this topic.

Last edited by weighta1; 30th October 2015 at 12:23 AM.

Old 30th October 2015, 03:17 AM
Dingpot

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
The 2nd thing I could swap for a request is if maybe you could hand me a modified 234cec that already has a custom vehicle to it?
I don't think you understand what the problem is here. You asked for some help, I told you what I knew, then you start asking for handouts.

Old 30th October 2015, 04:32 AM
Grunty's Reject

Unhappy

Quote:
I don't think you understand what the problem is here. You asked for some help, I told you what I knew, then you start asking for handouts.
I am now asking for a handout because I don't know how to use CAFF extractor. It's kind of the only way to mod the vehicle in Showdown Town now. But right now, yes, I am requesting for a modified 234cec that you've maybe modded a long time ago, instead of going through any of the complicated stuff in CAFF extractor. If you please wouldn't mind . Also I didn't tell you but, I like your YouTube Channel!

Old 30th October 2015, 05:48 AM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
Quote:
I am now asking for a handout because I don't know how to use CAFF extractor. It's kind of the only way to mod the vehicle in Showdown Town now. But right now, yes, I am requesting for a modified 234cec that you've maybe modded a long time ago, instead of going through any of the complicated stuff in CAFF extractor. If you please wouldn't mind . Also I didn't tell you but, I like your YouTube Channel!
Thing is, he's already told you that he can't do all the work for you. Which would be cool, except you aren't really seeming to process that part.

Old 13th January 2016, 04:21 AM
Grunty's Reject

The rest is up for me to figure out now...
Ill do my best.

To all of you that I have insulted, blown up to you, and/or was being ignorant to. I am very sorry
I'm sorry if I took my anger out on everybody here. I see now, and I am ashamed. My life depression shouldn't be taken out on you innocent people. This little game has been a thing to me since I was 6 Years old. This is one of the most painful anxiety attacks Iv'e ever had this year. I lost my one chance from someone who took Ice Mario's research, to tell me how to mod the game. And when he replied that text to me about using his program I wanted to jump out my window and scream I was so happy, I thought I was complete. It's all my fault for screwing up and telling you to.. Compress my vehicle "For Me", And.. "Hand Me" a modified file. mojo will never help me again . I forgot to tell him how proud I was for him making a CAFFextracter (Common Asset File Format extractor), I didn't appreciate any of the work he's done. I love this website, but sometimes I feel like people are kind of stubborn. But I am wrong. Thanks for trying to help with my situation. I hate how I acted. The very least I can do is apologize. Please do forgive me. Until the next time...

Last edited by weighta1; 14th January 2016 at 05:28 AM.

Old 14th January 2016, 03:40 AM
Forever Mental

You're Appreciated! 
haha this site, right?

ah... we have fun here

Old 14th January 2016, 05:29 AM
Grunty's Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
haha this site, right?

ah... we have fun here
I'm just saying sorry for the other posts, I acted psycho when everyone was trying to help me.

Old 14th January 2016, 09:17 AM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
you don't have to apologize, man. it would honestly probably be better if you just didn't post in this thread, i wouldn't have even remembered any of this if you didn't bring it all back up, and i doubt anyone else would have, either

i don't think anybody's even really gonna care enough to hold this against you, man, doubly so if it's because of a legit anxiety attack thing, just don't act like a jerk again and that'll be that

Last edited by The Colonel; 14th January 2016 at 09:21 AM.

Old 14th January 2016, 10:58 PM
Grunty's Reject

This is starting to get off topic.. I acknowledge the realization of how much I post here. The "anxiety attack thing", was just because I was disappointed at how I lost my chance at getting help on this Topic.
But the apology was worth it for how I acted; just reading through the whole conversation once again. So if your gonna say that I shouldn't have to apologize for anything.....
It's probably gonna be locked soon, and if a dream come not true is the end, then "that'll be that".

Last edited by weighta1; 14th January 2016 at 11:03 PM.

Old 14th January 2016, 11:37 PM
North American Scum

Total Awards: 19
You're Appreciated! Swine Flu Bashful Game On Reminiscence 
you good brah, chill

Old 14th January 2016, 11:52 PM
Formerly Jinjonator_Dude

Total Awards: 2
You're Appreciated! INFECTED - B2K1 
seriously, don't worry about it, man. i've done worse stuff in the past six years of me being on the internet

Old 15th January 2016, 04:03 AM
Grunty's Reject

Just mainly saying sorry to mojobojo, because he's the one iv'e been impatient to.

Closed Thread

Tags
banjo kazooie, hack, help me!, homebrew, vehicle

User Tag List