Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop

Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop SNS? Bottle's Revenge? Share your thoughts on the mysteries of the Banjo series and discuss the new Stop 'n' Swop features in Nuts and Bolts and the XBLA games

Old 13th September 2008, 07:06 AM
Most Intelligent Member ('08 - '09)

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I was talking to BrotherSic on XBL about it.

Old 13th September 2008, 07:14 AM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjoesusxx View Post
I was talking to BrotherSic on XBL about it.
gaaaaaaah!!!!

That's so awesome! You can't really argue with it when it comes straight from someone like that...

Old 13th September 2008, 09:07 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
1 - No, it doesnt seem that likely, an entire seperate studio was hired to take on the remake of Banjo Kazooie for XBLA, not a port, a REMAKE. This isn't wii virtual console people, this is XBLA. The game has recieved alot of new, higher resolution textures, some new models, standard xbox live integration and displays natively in widescreen.

Point being, this has already been more than confirmed to be much more than a port, so given that information, its very UNLIKELY that its just a port.

2 - It's been confirmed that stop n swop integration lies between BK and Nuts and Bolts now. Newcomers to the franchise will find it confusing if Mumbo prompts you to unlock these items via Banjo Tooie.

3 - It's also been confirmed that all nintendo logos have been replaced with Microsoft Games Studio logos, so it's not strange at all that they would make other minor changes to the game.
This si certainly right ^^. Its going to be an enhanced port.

However, I would have liked better that they have realesed Bonus discs, featuring BT and BK, and implemented the original conection between the two games, much like PS2 Budokai tenkaichi.

The Wii version features online multiplayer capability, the first game in the series to have such a feature. As compensation for the lack of online on the PS2, Spike has added a new "Disc Fusion System" to the PlayStation 2 version. Inserting a Budokai Tenkaichi or Budokai Tenkaichi 2 disc during play unlocks Ultimate Battle or Ultimate Battle Z, modes featured in the respective games needed to unlock them.

Old 13th September 2008, 09:31 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
I am probably among the many people who would love to see an actual disk copy of this game made...:/

Old 13th September 2008, 10:27 PM
Bunnycomb

Quote:
3 - It's also been confirmed that all nintendo logos have been replaced with Microsoft Games Studio logos, so it's not strange at all that they would make other minor changes to the game.
What? When was this and where's the source?

Old 13th September 2008, 10:38 PM
Glowbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaber View Post
What? When was this and where's the source?

Actually, the nintendo Loggos are going to be kept.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=192635

Old 13th September 2008, 11:46 PM
Bunnycomb

Hence my reaction to what I quoted.

Old 14th September 2008, 05:25 AM

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
Actually, the nintendo Loggos are going to be kept.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=192635
Actually, they are all removed. BrotherSic told me himself, also, one of the recent interviews posted somewhere around here mentioned something about it. The logo's were there at first, but at some point were all removed. BrotherSic has confirmed that mumbo's xylophone now says Microsoft Game Studio on it.

Old 14th September 2008, 05:34 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Really? That's interesting. Wonder if Banjo's still playing a Gameboy on File 3.

Old 14th September 2008, 05:36 AM
Brash Breegull

I'm sure they'll change the text, as has been said.

Though, if I have to be honest I have to say I don't think that BK XBLA is a complete remake; that would take a long time. Rather, I think it's probably a highly-updated port, similar to SM64 DS but on a bit of a larger scale. Not a direct port in where they just recompile it, compensate for a few differences and call it a day, but the kind where they improve the graphics, expand on the engine, etc.

Edit: Of course what do I know... I'm not the one in contact with a Rare employee.

@Bottles: I almost bet they'll have him listening to a Zune or something. Though I think they should keep the GB.

Last edited by Banjzooie; 14th September 2008 at 05:39 AM.

Old 14th September 2008, 06:29 AM

INFECTED - B1K1 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjzooie View Post
I'm sure they'll change the text, as has been said.

Though, if I have to be honest I have to say I don't think that BK XBLA is a complete remake; that would take a long time. Rather, I think it's probably a highly-updated port, similar to SM64 DS but on a bit of a larger scale. Not a direct port in where they just recompile it, compensate for a few differences and call it a day, but the kind where they improve the graphics, expand on the engine, etc.

Edit: Of course what do I know... I'm not the one in contact with a Rare employee.

@Bottles: I almost bet they'll have him listening to a Zune or something. Though I think they should keep the GB.
Yes, I think that's the case, though i'm not for sure, nobody is, that it is not a remake, but a highly enhanced port. Obviously various changes have been made, but nobody knows about any changes outside speculated text changes and the logo changes.

I didnt get a chance to ask about the gameboy....Now im real curious.

Old 14th September 2008, 06:32 AM
Showdown Town Tour Guide

Total Awards: 11
INFECTED - B1K1 RWP Podcast Awesome Default Medal RWP Note Medal RWP Bash Day 8 Participation Award 
Well at the moment it's being officially described as a port...though what if they faked us out and it's the original BK remake they planned to do where things are changed out of nowhere?

Not likely, I know. Not counting on it or anything but it would be amusing.

Last edited by Bottles98; 14th September 2008 at 06:55 AM.

Old 14th September 2008, 06:47 AM
Mecha-Grunty

INFECTED - B1K1 
I'm not getting nuts and bolts from day one but i'm getting the remake so thanks joesus for all that info that seemed to be uber hard to find without you *Goes all ball sucking*

Last edited by Kaiser; 14th September 2008 at 06:48 AM. Reason: I qouted bottles sorry

Old 14th September 2008, 06:52 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
Quote:
As for adding new visuals or changing physical parts of the game, that is highly unlikely.

That's what he meant

Old 14th September 2008, 01:32 PM
Formerly JDTurnbull272

RWP Donator 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Lolazer View Post
*Goes all ball sucking*
whaaaaaa?

O_o

Anywayyyyyys.........

I like some of the discussion I've seen in here, it has really got some cool thoughts running through my head (aside from that last comment...*shudder*).
I must say that all of the fans who know this game's every nook and cranny are going to love the heck out of finding each difference, new addition, and old favorites. I know this is a tad of a stretch, but who else thinks it would be ridiculously awesome if they added the ability to replay some of the challenges? Wouldn't take *too* much effort I'd assume...I'd be just fine with the game as I've heard it thus far though too!