Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 12th February 2012, 01:16 PM
Glowbo

Unhappy BT Broken Cheato? Help Please!

I was wondering if anyone here has had any issues with the Cheato codes not working on the XBLA version of BT.

I have almost all the pages (missing the last page from the last world). I have given all the pages to Cheato that I can up to this point. I entered in all the codes correctly and got Cheato to acknowledge them. But none of them seem to be working. In particular (the ones I really cared about), the Fallproof and Honeyback codes.

I think something might be messed up somewhere because I have 200 red feathers, 20 gold, 100 blue eggs, 50 fire (unlimited from Dragon Kazooie), 25 grenade, 50 ice, 10 clockwork.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you started with 100 red and 10 gold feathers. That would mean that the feathers code is working, but from the egg codes on, nothing.

It has been a while since I started playing the game again and thought that maybe after you enter the codes, you are supposed to do something else. But I have scoured the Internet and have not found anyone else with this same issue, nor any possible solutions. So, I am brought to my last line of defense, a group of people that are more dedicated to the game than anywhere else.

So, any ideas? Did I break my game or find a glitch? I'm pretty sure I didn't screw anything up, but who knows.

EDIT: Okay, I now have 100% completion for the game (all except for beating Grunty, I'm stubborn like that). I input the Jukebox code and I am standing in front of the Jukebox and I have nothing. Something is definitely wrong, but I have no idea what. Could someone please help me out? I also thought about going to the (official) BK Forums, but the admins are restricting new accounts, so I can't even ask anyone there.

Help RWP, you're my only hope!

Last edited by WolfeMasters; 12th February 2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Updating

Old 12th February 2012, 03:25 PM
Rare Witch Hero

Total Awards: 17
You're Appreciated! Mystery Four Mystery One Thread Starter Imagination 
You start with:

100 blue, 50 fire, 25 grenade, 50 ice, 10 clockwork, 100 red, 10 gold feathers

Buterflies are insex. ~TwilightVestige

Old 12th February 2012, 04:41 PM
Fired

Total Awards: 3
You're Appreciated! Grey Note Medal INFECTED - B2K1 
^^^Yes. Did you turn the codes on? In the code room on the right you activate your codes on the wall. Stand by it and press whatever the equivalent to the B button is. I haven't read up on all the differences vs the 64 version. For the jukebox you again need to press the B equivalent when standing a ways in front of it. You always had to turn the codes on in the 64 version after you put them in.

Old 13th February 2012, 04:11 AM
Glowbo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyo76 View Post
^^^Yes. Did you turn the codes on? In the code room on the right you activate your codes on the wall. Stand by it and press whatever the equivalent to the B button is. I haven't read up on all the differences vs the 64 version. For the jukebox you again need to press the B equivalent when standing a ways in front of it. You always had to turn the codes on in the 64 version after you put them in.
Ha ha, that actually solved my problem. I forgot to turn the cheats on. I knew I had to be forgetting something. I played the game as soon as it was released on XBLA and then stopped playing once I made it to Jolly Rogers Lagoon (water levels, they always suck). I just decided to finish playing the game last week and could not remember how to activate the cheats completely.

I got 100% completion and finished the entire game. Well, almost 100%...

I still need to get Madam Grunty to tell me the cheat so I can activate it too. Aside from that though, I think I have everything done.

Thanks for the help. You would think that somewhere on these numerous pages that tell you how to enter the codes, one of them, somewhere, would say "don't forget to turn ON the codes!"

Tags
banjo, broken, cheato, codes, tooie

User Tag List