Rare Witch Roundtable Podcast
Go Back   The Rare Witch Project Forums > Gaming > Rare & Playtonic > The Banjo Kazooie Series

The Banjo Kazooie Series General Discussion about the Banjo Kazooie series from the N64 classics to the handheld sequels & new Xbox games.

Old 21st November 2008, 07:47 AM
Jinjo

New Banjo Game Ideas

I think that the idea they had to make a new version of the original that seemed like a port but suddenly had changes would be cool to have on the DS, and then they could also release Banjo-Tooie with a similar remake style on the DS and Stop 'n Swop functionality using a gameboy cartridge (or SD card on the new DSi).

My next idea is this, RPG/Platforming combination. For some reason you are in your house and Grunty does something to open up her lair again. Then you can explore all of the past levels (with twists of course) and more new areas, but they aren't like separate areas, they are all joined together and load as you go, it would still have the different stuff to collect, but it wouldn't be level based, it would also still have the vehicles but they wouldn't play as big a part, most of the time you wouldn't absolutely need them, but sometimes it would be necessary to fly to get to something or that sort of thing, but then of course you could explore the Isle O Hags more, explore all of the old Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie levels, plus new levels, making the total somewhere around 25 levels in all. Maybe the option to go back to showdown town, but not any of the levels, but probably not. You would be able to collect items to equip or that sort of thing, and notes would continue to be a currency of sorts, helping buy some vehicle parts (like wings) or equipment, or even trade them in for jiggies. It would mark the return of Kazooie's old abilities, but would have a slightly updated system that allowed them to have two or three more. Plus it would feature the ability to actually look and see if you have the Banjo-Tooie XBLA and if you have it with the SnS egg abilities it gives you those as well. Some sort of Co-op mode would also be nice, perhaps over the internet, maybe one person controls Kazooie and one controls Banjo. The return of both Tooie style Multiplayer and N&B style multiplayer, as well as a new style that involves the equipment and such for RPG type battles. This would definitely be too big for just one disc, and would probably come on two, one with the game and the other with the levels and vehicle parts and moves and the such.

On a side note, anyone else notice that they changed Banjo & Kazooie's icon on the Banjo-Kazooie XBLA to one that looks like the N64 model, I'm not even sure if it has the animations. For some reason this bothers me immensely, it does not look good, wasn't the point for it to look better than before?

Old 21st November 2008, 11:45 AM
Dingpot

i would love for a tooie to come on the ds.

Old 21st November 2008, 11:55 AM
Formerly Nintendo_Fan128

Total Awards: 1
INFECTED - B1K1 
I just want a classic Banjo game with 50% vehicles and 50% on-foot platforming with all the old moves back. Maybe you use vehicles for exploring outside and normal platforming for inside areas that can only be explored on-foot or small places where vehicles don't fit. And the levels must have more stuff to find because from the videos I've seen, the levels are a bit empty.

Old 21st November 2008, 01:15 PM
RareWitchLurker

Total Awards: 2
INFECTED - B1K1 Swine Flu 
I already a topic for this, called "Banjo-Fourie Ideas."

Old 21st November 2008, 02:57 PM
Jinjo

Well, no offense but I didn't see it going back for like eight pages, so it is kind of old, plus I like having a fresh start. And besides this is not just for Banjo-Fourie as you deemed it, has no one realized? It wasn't Banjo-Twoie, it was Banjo-Tooie, and therefore they would almost certainly make the fourth one Banjo-Foorie if they were naming anything like that.

This is a topic to discuss your game ideas for ANY new Banjo-Kazooie game, whether it be remakes or new entries or what.

And my idea basically means that you can visit almost any area in Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, but they aren't separated into levels and there aren't any loading screens like that. Plus you can't go through doors to explore the Isle o Hags, you actually have to fly or drive or walk or swim or float around. This way it would probably appeal to most of the Hardcore Banjo Fans, but it would also help bring in new fans and sell the game to a wider audience. It would be a blast because there would be a ton of exploration and even many new areas we haven't seen before, somewhere around 5-7 new levels in addition to the ones in the first two. I think that this would be an absolute blast and I would definitely buy it!

Old 21st November 2008, 03:07 PM
RareWitchLurker

INFECTED - B1K1 Swine Flu 
Oh. btw, its in the B-K games forum.

Old 21st November 2008, 03:41 PM
Brash Breegull

Viva PiƱata Mastery 
This is not going to happen (unless rare pays THQ to make another game) Though...this would be awesome and kick ass. Rare should totally do this, but...Nintendo sold them to Microsoft because of the whole "oh rare ruined DK64 so were going to sell them to Microsoft" thing

Old 21st November 2008, 08:59 PM
Dingpot

DK64 was a great game.

Old 22nd November 2008, 12:16 AM
Jinjo

Yeah, how did they ruin it? And why wouldn't it happen? Their current portable release platform is the DS, so it could happen.

Old 22nd November 2008, 12:22 AM
Von Kriplespac

INFECTED - B1K1 
No RPG's. PLEASE. I don't like RPG's.

Old 22nd November 2008, 01:37 AM
ᴅʀᴀɴᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴜɴᴄʜ

Total Awards: 5
Imagination Wiki-Master INFECTED - B1K1 Awesome Default Medal RWP Bash Day 5 Participation Award 
BK/BT ports on the DS would be awesome. It would restore my love of the system and give me some decent Banjo-on-the-go for once

Old 22nd November 2008, 04:08 PM
Brash Breegull

INFECTED - B1K1 Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza2004 View Post
It wasn't Banjo-Twoie, it was Banjo-Tooie, and therefore they would almost certainly make the fourth one Banjo-Foorie if they were naming anything like that.
Um. No it wouldn't. But it won't be Banjo Fourie either. It was tooie like the word too, or also. So they never did numbers ever, they just put Threeie as a joke at the end of tooie.

Old 22nd November 2008, 06:25 PM
Jinjo

Of course the name thing, I agree with the post above, I was saying 'if'. But still, this wouldn't play all that much like an RPG, it would mostly take the exploration aspect of them for the game, giving us a new way to play on the Isle o Hags. And it wouldn't have very much vehicles at all, only what is necessary.

Tags
awesome, bacon, ideas, sns, xbla

User Tag List